666 - Number of the Beast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Preferred option to play alongside DCE in the Halves?

• Jackson Hastings

• Todd Carney

• Aiden Sezer

• Cameron Cullen

• Clint Gutherson

• Brock Lamb

• Moses Mbye

• Kane Elgey

• Dylan Walker

• Trent Hodkinson

• Luke Metcalfe

• Tom Wright

• Lachlan Croker

• Api Koroisau

• Tom Trbojevic

• Tyrone May

Results are only viewable after voting.
The more I read in this thread the more I crave Roast Lamb.

With mint sauce AND gravy!

But none of that tonight at Newton’s Circus food market, more rice, more satay, more chilli and more ****ting through the eye of a needle!

I haven't been there for 35 years. Wow I am old.
Enjoy matey!!!

I don't think he is on par though. I think Hastings is another hyped up NYC wonder-kid with a famous surname. He has achieved nothing of note in nearly four years. Brock Lamb started to really come into his own at the back end of last year, behind a badly beaten pack.

Hastings went backwards at a powerhouse club like the Roosters and his teammates don't particularly like playing with him...that's why he went back to NSW Cup and why he got shafted from the Chooks. He has some skill and I hope he comes good and I am happy for him to get an opportunity but I wouldn't hold your breath for success next year.

nobody holds their breath for MWSE success anymore.

I dont know what to make of this thread. Some say he is cripple but not cripple enough to play nsw cup. If he plays reggies he can play 1st grade if we are talking knees

I havnt seen him play for years but on that memory he would be a great buy at that price. A steady player, a decent fella as well and could be a good leader

Get the docs to look at him. If he is fit enough id take a punt for a year. Not many options and still have his cash to spend next year

But if we could get a decent prop and second rower id give the young guys a year.

We are short in 3 positions. Prop and half may materialise wirh the young guys but i feel more confident in getting away with the utilities than the props for next year

And here’s another one, with the #Haynewreck arriving someone’s about to be discarded at the Slime, so why not Joshie boy!!

Would you take Hodko at 200k if it meant we had room for a decent forward?

I’ll answer my own question. This couldn’t work. Even if we had room left after signing Hodko, we’d have to offload someone before buying another player to maintain a 30 man squad.

I like it.

I'm sure the knights will pay a big part of the contract just to get rid of him.

He can organise and is a very good goal kicker.

He will compliment DCE and it's only for a year when hopefully Metcalfe steps up in 2019.

Considering there's not much experience left on the market and how desperate we are for a goal kicker, I'm happy to give it a shot.

If it doesn't work, he's in reserves and we use Hastings or Croker or even Metcalfe.
I'm with you @manlywarringah @Smokin Joe and others - couldn't have said it better myself.

He'd go well partnering DCE, has experience, a great goal kicker which we desperately need and is 29 (younger than Green).

We should be able to get Hodko at a bargain price and, with a medical clearance, me thinks we could do a whole lot worse. We don't have a lot to lose, so let's go for him :nod:

I don't think we'll find any quality long-term replacement. Although Hodkinson has the potential to be a quality (or dead) quick fix

Reckon we get a short contract so we can look for a more long term fix /develop young halves more

Harry, normally I agree with you, or recognise the logic/thought. But (ironically as this forum used to call him) Dogkinson is well past his use by date.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10