ACC / Drugs In Sport Super Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brookie said:
Private Messages - Unread 0
:(

Mate, do some research in the numbers Rodney Howe used to do, and then narrow it down to modern day equivalents, you can make the assumption that the person who commenced the rumour did.

Then you can play a game of connecting a player to a few if the clubs and come up with the next drug baron of NSW..... Or we can wait for facts to be presented

voicefromthehill said:
Brookie said:

Mate, do some research in the numbers Rodney Howe used to do, and then narrow it down to modern day equivalents, you can make the assumption that the person who commenced the rumour did.

Then you can play a game of connecting a player to a few if the clubs and come up with the next drug baron of NSW..... Or we can wait for facts to be presented
You know what there's been alot of innuendo and talk around a certain rep player and I think it stinks no one on social media or these forums have proof. We all got dirty when Brett Stewart was branded guilty for something he didnt do.

voicefromthehill said:
Brookie said:

howe do i do that?

i just don't want any titles to be stripped, especially beavers fairytale

RL Gronk said:
voicefromthehill said:
Brookie said:

You know what there's been alot of innuendo and talk around a certain rep player and I think it stinks no one on social media or these forums have proof. We all got dirty when Brett Stewart was branded guilty for something he didnt do.

Thats a great point. All players should be innocent till proven guilty.

RL Gronk said:
voicefromthehill said:
Brookie said:

Hence I said "you can make the assumption those who started the rumour (emphasis on rumour) did."

People have a hard on for knowing a rumour, I am just suggesting they do they put a bit of effort into determining the subject of the unsubstantiated text message claims

Don't know how to copy and paste the link in Tapatalk BUT on the Eagles website we are 100% clear!!

All over Twitter as well, take that haters!!!

https://twitter.com/FOXSportsNews/status/301259466005954561

@FOXSportsNews
ASADA confirm that no @manlyseaeagles players, past or present, have tested positive for PEDs #NRL #ausdope

Club statement http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Sea-Eagles-statement-after-ASADA-meeting/68291

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have been told by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) that none of the Club’s players, past or present, have tested positive to illegal performance enhancing substances.

Sea Eagles officials, including Club chairman Scott Penn and General Manager Dave Perry attended a meeting today with ASADA and Tony Whitlam QC, who heads the new NRL integrity unit.

“ASADA outlined to Manly and five other NRL clubs the processes it is undertaking as part of its on-going investigation into the use of banned substances in Australian sport,” Mr Perry said.

“We will continue to assist ASADA in its investigation.

“Confidentiality precludes the Sea Eagles from discussing details of that investigation.”

Mr Perry said that Manly had waited until 9.30am today to announce publicly it was named in the Australian Crime Commission report to ensure Mr Penn could brief the full playing squad.

“We thought it only fair that the players be briefed by the Club Chairman before talking to the media,” Mr Perry said.

“Again I must emphasise the Sea Eagles condemn unreservedly any use of illegal performance-enhancing substances by players.”

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Sea-Eagles-statement-after-ASADA-meeting/68291

That's great but isn't this investigation about players being caught on tape trying to get the drugs?

I don't know if it's us doing that but i never thought anyone of the 6 clubs would test positive to performance enhancing drugs. It seems to be about the intelligence they have accumulated over the last year that is incriminating for some players.

Hope it's not anyone in our club.

WAMF said:
The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have been told by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) that none of the Club’s players, past or present, have tested positive to illegal performance enhancing substances.

Sea Eagles officials, including Club chairman Scott Penn and General Manager Dave Perry attended a meeting today with ASADA and Tony Whitlam QC, who heads the new NRL integrity unit.

“ASADA outlined to Manly and five other NRL clubs the processes it is undertaking as part of its on-going investigation into the use of banned substances in Australian sport,” Mr Perry said.

“We will continue to assist ASADA in its investigation.

“Confidentiality precludes the Sea Eagles from discussing details of that investigation.”

Mr Perry said that Manly had waited until 9.30am today to announce publicly it was named in the Australian Crime Commission report to ensure Mr Penn could brief the full playing squad.

“We thought it only fair that the players be briefed by the Club Chairman before talking to the media,” Mr Perry said.

“Again I must emphasise the Sea Eagles condemn unreservedly any use of illegal performance-enhancing substances by players.”

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Sea-Eagles-statement-after-ASADA-meeting/68291

Best thing i've read this year.

Lance Armstrong will be relieved that's the criteria the authorities rely on.

But good news all the same.

voicefromthehill said:
Just need to clear the match fixing - imagine if our 40-0 could have been 50-0!

Yeah, you're right. I watched the 08 GF the other day and Orford definitely stuffed a couple of kicks up on purpose.

Umm. If this news is coming just hours after the initial meeting, why were we hauled in front of them in the first place?

Our name has been dragged through the mud, I'm sure we had anxious sponsors, and the fan base got the **** scared out of them.

Must be a reason for the six identified clubs. My only concern is that of the six, we are the only ones with any (plenty of) success in the past few years.

Apologies if this has been previously asked, but ............

Is it merely a coincidence this has been thrown up at pretty much the same time as a certain politician has been charged with 150 criminal offences. If nothing else it has certainly altered the front pages and changed the subject of talk back radio.

Because dank was at the club so long that wouldn't have helped at all !!! Hence the spotlight on us ,oh and because its manly lol

Great news though.......

I don't think players testing positive was ever going to be the issue. If it were current players they'd be stood down immediately.

It's probably stuff like players being injected with actovegin, and possibly in manners such as intravenously which is illegal.

Even intravenous saline over 50ml is prohibited under the WADA code. Both substances are legal when administered in particular ways.

I'm thinking it'll be practices that pushed the envelope and were possibly illegal but couldn't be proven that are the focus of this.

I think the worst thing out of all of this is even if the outcome is clean, going to games as a fan and being tarred with that brush by ignorant opposition supporters.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10