ACC / Drugs In Sport Super Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MWSE said:
Jesus WAMF. Damned if they did hold a press conference and present a strong front against drugs and corruption in sport.

MWSE,
As I've put on several occasions recently, where was the big national press conference to stand up to corruption and misappropriation within the Union movement? Is that less of an issue in the publics eyes?
Please answer that MWSE? You suggest the timing of the release of information to the public about the drug scandal in sport is not politicly motivated.
If politics has nothing to do with this, where is the Union corruption investigation?

GO MANLY!!!!

Earnie the Eagle said:
Brissie Kid said:
https://twitter.com/SarahHarrisNews/status/301185952221650944

@SarahHarrisNews
'I'm shocked' says Manly CEO Dave Perry leaving talks with ASADA in Sydney. #NRL #doping @9NewsAUS pic.twitter.com/vxRi5xxE

" I'm shocked"...Not the words that instill confidence for us fans.
Maybe it is his way of saying she is a good sort

WAMF said:
MWSE said:
Jesus WAMF. Damned if they did hold a press conference and present a strong front against drugs and corruption in sport.

MWSE,
As I've put on several occasions recently, where was the big national press conference to stand up to corruption and misappropriation within the Union movement? Is that less of an issue in the publics eyes?
Please answer that MWSE? You suggest the timing of the release of information to the public about the drug scandal in sport is not politicly motivated.
If politics has nothing to do with this, where is the Union corruption investigation?

GO MANLY!!!!

Im sorry. Didnt realise that this was a political forum. Thought this was a sports forum.

And I would actually suggest that the release was rushed and brought forward due to Essendon coming forward and that getting out to the press.

susan said:
Anyone who just saw Gould came out of the meeting and totally do an about face on what he said in good faith a few days ago will know this is a serious issue.He said he knew exactly what was going on now and fully supported the process and exactly where ASADA was going.

Given Perry was shocked and placed us up to a mid range category it looks like we have a problem with some individual players unfortunately.

This was never a hoax.

This is something we did not want to hear, I have yet to see any vision as am "trying" to work but not happy to read that I must say.

If Gould has had a turnaround, it doesn't bode very well for all of the clubs named.

Lets drop the politics.It is obvious we are very likely to lose player/players from the mighty Eagles based on Perry's comments.Tell the perpetraters and the unwitting teammates it is a hoax WAMF.Im not sure they will agree with you-and Gould has been a very quick convert to the side of ASADA after a spray that mirrored yours a few days ago.Does that not suggest something.

And for the record I will be voting Liberal but to be honest the Eagles are far more imporatnt.

MWSE said:
Im sorry. Didnt realise that this was a political forum. Thought this was a sports forum.

I forgive you. I'm not normally one to go off topic and I do come here to discuss footy. It's just that this footy related drama has a political stench to it. Just how bad that stench is will be revealed in the next days, weeks, months.

Anyway, I do note that you either have no answer, or don't want to make a fool of yourself trying to answer my simple question.

Susan, I've questioned the timing of the release of information. I've never said this sorry story was a hoax.

GO MANLY!

Your words

"There is evidence to show this Labor Govt is inept but we have no evidence of any drug cheating and match fixing.

If you choose to be ignorant by ignoring the facts, fine. But don't have a crack at those that believe this is nothing more than a giant stunt."

"No evidence" ...".giant stunt.".......is a" hoax" a stunt or a" stunt' a hoax.

As a liberal voting card carrying eagle who is only interested in footy on this forum and is likely to lose players from his team i respectfully submit there is evidence and it was not a stunt.Ring Gould,he may enlighten you.

susan said:
Lets drop the politics.It is obvious we are very likely to lose player/players from the mighty Eagles based on Perry's comments.

What makes you so sure we or any other club will be losing anyone? It's still all speculation at the moment - nobody really knows anything more than they did when the 'bombshell' allegations first arrived. The sky still ain't falling as far as I can tell…
(And if it does, I'll do my panicking then.)

susan said:
Your words

"There is evidence to show this Labor Govt is inept but we have no evidence of any drug cheating and match fixing.

If you choose to be ignorant by ignoring the facts, fine. But don't have a crack at those that believe this is nothing more than a giant stunt."

"No evidence" ...".giant stunt.".......is a" hoax" a stunt or a" stunt' a hoax.

As a liberal voting card carrying eagle who is only interested in footy on this forum and is likely to lose players from his team i respectfully submit there is evidence and it was not a stunt.Ring Gould,he may enlighten you.

Seriously Susan, where was this info when they called the press conference?
Why hadn't people like Gould and Perry been informed? Wouldn't that have created an even greater united front?
This info is coming to light NOW, not last week when it should have.

The Presser should have come today now that they can name the clubs in question.

I was on the political stunt bandwagon last week, and still think it was handled poorly, but it appears now NOT to have been a "lame duck reaction".

I await whatever bad medicine we have to take and just hope it doesn't drag on for months before than happens.

Basically I don't know wtf is going on in all this. My best case scenario for myself as a lifelong one-eyed supporter is:
1. No drug links to any GF victories - I think we're ok with this.
2. I'd hate us to lose a favourite/s due to the extreme d**ckheadness of doping but I recognise this as the fault of the individual/s.
3. I'd hate to see any ramifications eg, No.2 etc. that would have a serious impact on our chances in the 2013 season.

Also given the geographics of the six named clubs were they randomly selected by the ACC as part of an undercover investigation? Three Sydney teams from the extremes, North, South, West. Canberra the National Capital. Newcastle 2 hours North of Sydney and NQ high end QLD.
No Melbourne but they were concentrating on the AFL. Does anyone else think this is possible?

http://www.cowboys.com.au/news-display/Club-statement--ASADA-meeting/68282

Club statement - ASADA meeting

Tuesday 12 February 2013 4:31 PM

North Queensland Cowboys CEO Peter Jourdain today attended a meeting chaired by Tony Whitlam QC involving six NRL clubs and the Australian Sports Anti-Doping authority (ASADA).

Following the meeting, Mr Jourdain met one-on-one with ASADA representatives.

“Following that one-on-one meeting, I feel as confident in our people and our processes as I was when I arrived in Sydney,” Mr Jourdain said.

“I am very confident that we will have no issues of concern going forward.

“However, as we are still involved in the ongoing investigation we will continue to actively participate in what transpires.

“ASADA has put together a complex web of involvement that has tentative connections with the Cowboys.

“We believe we can have this matter as it relates to us cleared up in the not too distant future.”

Brookie said:
i haven't seen any sms's naming 3 high profile players?
someone PM me pls, i hate missing out!

Me also.

This is killing me,**** I hope no Eagles have done something stupid....

wamf

Agree with you no doubt it could have been done a lot better but then it is a difficult situation with Essendon coming out and when was the last time any politician handled anything well!
I actually think they wanted the cat amongst the pidgeons but messed it up but unlike many I think it was done in good faith.In fact i am sure this chaos will bring the matter to a head quicker.I think we are seeing that now.The pressure on cheats will be enormous.

I suppose what i simply meant was that i always thought this had legs and have been worried irrespective of the politics of how or why it unfolded this way.

So while some of the other clubs CEO's are confidant and agreeable with ASADA and the process ,our CEO is simply "shocked". IF anyone needs convincing that we are in deep deep **** then surely they're convinced now. As each day goes by I get sicker and sicker feeling about this.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
No positive Tests and I assume most players would have had 2 or 3 tests every year so I'm wondering how they have anything
Phone taps

niccipops said:
Also given the geographics of the six named clubs were they randomly selected by the ACC as part of an undercover investigation?

Nothing random at all. They were following the information trail that came out of the phone taps. That led to several clubs, not the other way round.
The taps originally were in relation to organised crime and the other stuff was discovered as a result. That is the likely scenario, imo.

mickqld said:
So while some of the other clubs CEO's are confidant and agreeable with ASADA and the process ,our CEO is simply "shocked". IF anyone needs convincing that we are in deep deep s**t then surely they're convinced now. As each day goes by I get sicker and sicker feeling about this.

In the grabs on Fox Sports news I got the impression the "shocked" was a general comment in response to the Thursday media conference & aftermath. But who knows.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11