ACC / Drugs In Sport Super Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane said:
globaleagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
I assume by now many of you have recieved the SMS that's floating around, I have it 2 or 3 times..it names three high profile players.

i before e, except after c.

No retirement for you!

I can sing, I can dance, I can support Manly and am one hell of a great travel agent (FIGJAM)...however...spelling isn't my stongest suit!!

"Strongest"

:D:D:D

globaleagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
globaleagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
I assume by now many of you have recieved the SMS that's floating around, I have it 2 or 3 times..it names three high profile players.

No retirement for you!

I can sing, I can dance, I can support Manly and am one hell of a great travel agent (FIGJAM)...however...spelling isn't my stongest suit!!

"Strongest"

I don't think anyone on Silvertails is going to argue with you there Mark. ;)

globaleagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
globaleagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

No retirement for you!

"Strongest"

I actually threw that one in JUST FOR YOU (to see if you would pick it up)...and you did!!

Yeah I guess you guys know me well by now.

Some of it comes from trying to work at the same time (yes I do that occasionally), but days like this I can't stop watching!!

I feel there is definately substance in the issue. And without all the huff and puff its naive to think individuals, if not teams are pushing the the limit. No doubt clubs know how useless the governing bodies have been and have probably been prepared to gamble. Hell the NRL's track record for business is abysmal and only have 1 major cap scandal to their credit and that was served to them

As for the political spin, the way it went down, the announcement, that lack of fact and just the fact that they were just firing blanks does lend itself to a political spin

Because enforcement agencies always announce that will be doing dawn raids on drug dealers a week before they do, just so the can tidy up their affairs and pop the kettle on. The fact hey reported phone tapping was occuring and the sports were under investigation was only going to shut people up, not allow them to collect any more evidence. It either been handled by amateurs of has some political spin , after the fact. Problem is,both are so believable

jbb/james said:
Hell the NRL's track record for business is abysmal and only have 1 major cap scandal to their credit and that was served to them

I'd say there's been two.

susan said:
Bottom line is the politics will have zero effect on how this pans out legally so i cant see why people waste time talking about it.

Mate,
If there are players who are cheating or involved in match fixing, suspend them or terminate their eligibility to play professionally in that sport. No qualms from me.
But until there is some sort of clarity as to who's been charged or implicated and the extent that they have cheated, we have nothing!
All we can do with the information we have been provided, is to try and join the invisible dots and continue to speculate.

There was no need for the press conference when the head bodies of each code were none the wiser as to which clubs under their jurisdiction were alleged to be involved in the 'wide spread' monkey business being flouted.

This investigation has been ongoing for 12 months.
Where are the arrests with all the evidence that has been gathered? Why until now, were the NRL unable to notify each club under investigation?
Why wasn't this legal obstacle resolved prior to going public?

I am not suggesting there is no cheating in our sports codes.
All I am querying is the 'timing' of the press conference and the apparent haste in which the Chief Executives of the codes, were summonsed to Canberra for a press conference.

Latest tweet

Manly CEO David Perry says Sea Eagles are in the 'low to mid risk' category after meeting with ASADA over their role in drugs drama

I am on my own here obviously but as I said in another thread I actually think the reaction to the press conference has been exactly what they wanted.It has created finger pointing,chaos and fear.I just dont believe the investigators are the three stooges they are portrayed as.

All these pm and text messages going around can only increase the pressure on the guilty.Just like Armstrong,one guilty confession from a player is worth a thousand tests.
Put it this way-if you were guilty - would you (a) make a call and get 6 months or (b) hope you werent phone tapped and risk a carreer.

what is going on now with sensationalised journalism and rrumour can only help pressure the guilty and thats what they want.

perrys tweet is great news!

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Latest tweet

Manly CEO David Perry says Sea Eagles are in the 'low to mid risk' category after meeting with ASADA over their role in drugs drama

Risk of what? Of something already happened being regarded as doping?

Or that we need to improve processes & safeguards to minimise risk?

In which case no Manly player has done anything wrong.

susan said:
I am on my own here obviously but as I said in another thread I actually think the reaction to the press conference has been exactly what they wanted.It has created finger pointing,chaos and fear.I just dont believe the investigators are the three stooges they are portrayed as.

Problem is it was done at the price Aussie sports' international reputation. Which is now shot & worthless.

susan said:
Danks business partner is a bloke called Azmi who owns Sydney High Class brothel and worked for David Auld at Dragonfly nightclub. Auld is deeply involved in businesses with John Ibrahim.
Danks other partners are a bodybuilder George Van Spanje and an entrepreneur called Truscott. They also co-own the Sydney High Class brothel with Azmi.

SMH revealed this a while ago.Wouldnt be hard to get a few nice phone taps off that lot.

Susan. You are depressing me. As soon as you mentioned John Ibrahim, I started to get real nervous. His name isnt exactly high on the list of potential saints in the community. Knew that name well in my long term job....parole.

http://www.nrl.com/arlc-statement--clubs-and-asada-meeting/tabid/10874/newsid/70743/default.aspx

ARLC Statement - Clubs and ASADA meeting

NRL.com Tue, Feb 12, 2013 - 3:17 PM

Tony Whitlam QC has today chaired a meeting between NRL clubs Canberra, Cronulla, Manly, Newcastle, North Queensland and Penrith and the Australian Sports Anti-Doping authority (ASADA).

The clubs have been briefed individually and as a group in relation to the nature of ASADA’s ongoing investigation.

In outlining the way forward, it was made clear that the investigation process may take some time and it would not be possible to comment publicly during the investigation.

The clubs have agreed to fully support ASADA throughout this process.

PLEASE NOTE THIS RELEASE HAS BEEN DISTRIBUTED ON BEHALF OF THE NRL CLUBS OUTLINED AND WITH THEIR PERMISSION

Barely adds any real clarification.

Gould says the CEOs all had a sit down meeting this afternoon, and have a full understanding of what is going on now, and that the process will be a drawn out one, not something that will be done in a couple of weeks

https://twitter.com/SarahHarrisNews/status/301185952221650944

@SarahHarrisNews
'I'm shocked' says Manly CEO Dave Perry leaving talks with ASADA in Sydney. #NRL #doping @9NewsAUS pic.twitter.com/vxRi5xxE

https://twitter.com/SarahHarrisNews/status/301185952221650944/photo/1

at least" low to mid" takes the systematic club doping off the table.I could handle a rogue doper which seems reasonably likely but anything authorised by the club would be a nightmare and obviously has not occurred.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4