ACC / Drugs In Sport Super Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Wayne Bennett sums it up best.
"They want us to confess to something, but won't tell us what we have to confess to".

DSM5

You may very well be right,hope so.What I will say is that it seems plenty on here are willing to dismiss all this as all being based on a vague look at supplements that may or may not be illegal which has resulted in multiple police investigations and a comprehensive classified report.

It simply defies logic that all this is based on some vaguely illegal/legal protien shakes.A lot of this will be clearly illegal activities pretty well documented with evidence and investigated by the various law enforcement branches.You dont get warrants to tap phones for protein shakes.My brother(who is a senior detective) tells me the way these taps work is that as soon as a party is referred to in a tapped phone conversation which links them to the activity then the warrant is easily extended to that parties phone-it is not hard to see that evidence can mount quickly.

I have no great love of the current govt but to suggest that they think this will save there skin 7 months from an election is plainly ridiculous.People dont forget their grievances (eg obeid/carbon) via one press conference on drugs and to suggest otherwise is silly and usually propogated by people who despise the govt anyway.

This will be a serious issue for our code over the next few months and heads will roll in my opinion.In no way am i saying this in relation to Manly(i am confident we will be ok in a club sense,who knows with individuals) - it is just a comment on the issue as a whole.I have no doubt there will be multiple individual players who get lengthy stretches,i am much more doubtful that it has been condoned at club level although reports suggest there is one more case like essendon.i find that hard to believe myself.

Rambo1987 said:
Strange how the Tele has the 6 clubs involved with a YES beside them and the all the others have NO including the Rabbits who at this stage have the only person caught..........

Was just about to write this exact comment. Seems like it must have been one hell of an investigation when the first player outed was from a team not under 'investigation'.

Dank is the common denominator with the 'investigated' clubs and for some reason the acc thinks he has links to bikies according to the 7:30 report last night.

susan said:
DSM5

You may very well be right,hope so.What I will say is that it seems plenty on here are willing to dismiss all this as all being based on a vague look at supplements that may or may not be illegal which has resulted in multiple police investigations and a comprehensive classified report.

It simply defies logic that all this is based on some vaguely illegal/legal protien shakes.A lot of this will be clearly illegal activities pretty well documented with evidence and investigated by the various law enforcement branches.You dont get warrants to tap phones for protein shakes.My brother(who is a senior detective) tells me the way these taps work is that as soon as a party is referred to in a tapped phone conversation which links them to the activity then the warrant is easily extended to that parties phone-it is not hard to see that evidence can mount quickly.

I have no great love of the current govt but to suggest that they think this will save there skin 7 months from an election is plainly ridiculous.People dont forget their grievances (eg obeid/carbon) via one press conference on drugs and to suggest otherwise is silly and usually propogated by people who despise the govt anyway.

This will be a serious issue for our code over the next few months and heads will roll in my opinion.In no way am i saying this in relation to Manly(i am confident we will be ok in a club sense,who knows with individuals) - it is just a comment on the issue as a whole.I have no doubt there will be multiple individual players who get lengthy stretches,i am much more doubtful that it has been condoned at club level although reports suggest there is one more case like essendon.i find that hard to believe myself.

Sadly the voice of reason!!

BUT you have to admit the Politicians did "Grandstand" on this and it has taken the heat off them for a while...you only have to read the papers or look at TV to see this.

I do however beleive you maybe right, there might be some bigger fall out in this than we all expect...I hope we are wrong but it does seem a massive broo hah hah for not much really (to date only).

I would be gob smacked (actually worse than that) if our club was involved in systemic doping, but lets face it, what player A and player B might do whilst away on their own is anyone's guess.

Danks business partner is a bloke called Azmi who owns Sydney High Class brothel and worked for David Auld at Dragonfly nightclub. Auld is deeply involved in businesses with John Ibrahim.
Danks other partners are a bodybuilder George Van Spanje and an entrepreneur called Truscott. They also co-own the Sydney High Class brothel with Azmi.

SMH revealed this a while ago.Wouldnt be hard to get a few nice phone taps off that lot.

susan said:
Danks business partner is a bloke called Azmi who owns Sydney High Class brothel and worked for David Auld at Dragonfly nightclub. Auld is deeply involved in businesses with John Ibrahim.
Danks other partners are a bodybuilder George Van Spanje and an entrepreneur called Truscott. They also co-own the Sydney High Class brothel with Azmi.

SMH revealed this a while ago.Wouldnt be hard to get a few nice phone taps off that lot.

And we employed him why???

Oh yeah I forgot.... Ha$ler was in charge back then!!

Lets hope we are both wrong Mark.

Do people seriously think that the labour party have enlisted multiple law enforcement agencies ,covert phone taps,two drug testing authorities and the leaders of the countries 4 major sports to give old Eddie and Craig a 2 day holiday seven months from an election.Daily TELEGRAPH garbage which is almost as bad as their anti manly campaign.And I dont give a toss about this govt.They are bad but this conspiracy **** is a news limited fairytale as usual.Too think that this stuff can be cleared up by telling the fans every name over the radio and tele in 2 days is ridiculous.Wait and see and hope for the best.Shooting the messenger doesnt progress matters.

susan said:
Do people seriously think that the labour party have enlisted multiple law enforcement agencies ,covert phone taps,two drug testing authorities and the leaders of the countries 4 major sports to give old Eddie and Craig a 2 day holiday seven months from an election.

I would put nothing past this Govt who are clearly battling for their own political survival.
Backs to the wall and people will do all sorts of things when pushed! Fact.

I am not saying that there is nothing in this match fixing/doping story, I'm simply suggesting that the timing of the announcement, is dubious at best.

And let's not blame Eddie and Craig. Swan admitted that his tax had raised just 10% of the revenue that he forecast on that same day as all the heads of all the sports were summonsed to Canberra.

I'm still waiting on all the Union heads to be thrust in front of a press conference with the Govt and made to say they will do everything in their power to stamp out corruption and the misuse of union member funds.

I assume by now many of you have recieved the SMS that's floating around, I have it 2 or 3 times..it names three high profile players.

BUT there's no way, even with a PM that I will divulge these names...personally I think it's unfounded.

I agree that this cannot be cleared up in 2 days Susan but gee every day that it goes on are going to be tough ones for fans of these 6 clubs!!

Not hard to see where a few phone taps might have been directed when you see Danks associates.How many players hang around those cross night clubs...its like a right of passage.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I assume by now many of you have recieved the SMS that's floating around, I have it 2 or 3 times..it names three high profile players.

i before e, except after c.

No retirement for you!

Mark from Brisbane said:

BUT there's no way, even with a PM that I will divulge these names...personally I think it's unfounded.

I agree that this cannot be cleared up in 2 days Susan but gee every day that it goes on are going to be tough ones for fans of these 6 clubs!!

I thought you could only catch them once?....oh sorry I misread.

WAMF

I have no interest in the politics of it.You do and fair enough.Many do and thats their right.Bottom line is the politics will have zero effect on how this pans out legally so i cant see why people waste time talking about it.It wont change any positive drug tests or taped phone calls which is the stuff fans are interested in.

globaleagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

i before e, except after c.

No retirement for you!

I can sing, I can dance, I can support Manly and am one hell of a great travel agent (FIGJAM)...however...spelling isn't my stongest suit!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2