Active Supporter Group

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Leeds crowd at Headingley had no problems chanting for the full 80 minutes at the 2012 world Club Challenge. By far the best atmosphere I've ever been to a rugby league game. It can work in rugby league (UK Superleague). It can work in Australia (a-league). It just doesn't seem to work in the NRL for some reason.

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
I am sorry but you can not say that league moves quicker than football? Where the ball can literally go from one end to another in a second or two?

It is a cultural issue and not something that people associate with the game. I go to the other (real) Sydney football team where the cove has been around the same size since the start 10 years ago - a core of dedicated fans who remain fairly consistent

Good luck getting it started, I would suggest the best way would be to get involved with the club as your contact point to start

Which code of football are you comparing to?

The ball can travel 100m in soccer with nothing actually happening. In League from one tackle to the next the crowd's job can change from pointing out an offside defensive line, to highlighting a player taken out then to a high shot. All this can be within ten seconds so getting stuck mid song is an issue.
In soccer the game tends to flow more rhythmically.

I do follow Sydney FC but to say they're the "real" Sydney team is a bit much. They've been around 5 minutes compared to the likes of Rooters, Souffs, Sea Eagles, Marconi, Youlimpprick and even the good old Spirit.

Long chanting is possibly unaustralian. I say this because it appears to be a pommy / euro trash thing. There's nobody actively stopping it happening at Aussie league games, it just doesn't spontaneously combust.

The Leeds crowd at Headingley had no problems chanting for the full 80 minutes at the 2012 world Club Challenge. By far the best atmosphere I've ever been to a rugby league game. It can work in rugby league (UK Superleague). It can work in Australia (a-league). It just doesn't seem to work in the NRL for some reason.

Those bastards never stopped, " Leeds Rhino's , Leeds Rhino's" , non stop for 80!!

Which code of football are you comparing to?

The ball can travel 100m in soccer with nothing actually happening. In League from one tackle to the next the crowd's job can change from pointing out an offside defensive line, to highlighting a player taken out then to a high shot. All this can be within ten seconds so getting stuck mid song is an issue.
In soccer the game tends to flow more rhythmically.

I do follow Sydney FC but to say they're the "real" Sydney team is a bit much. They've been around 5 minutes compared to the likes of Rooters, Souffs, Sea Eagles, Marconi, Youlimpprick and even the good old Spirit.
You are talking to a Sydney Olympic man here (it was just a crack at the bandwagon wanderers)
Fair point about league however there is nothing in the game to stop the singing of songs...more about the crowd

It doesn't work in the NRL because of culture. it works in the English super league because they have that 'banter'/singing culture. However we can get this going, we just need enough people to get behind it seriously. Im telling you, the burrow have proper chants and do it for most of the game, and their chants are now expanding onto the crowd, rather than just the core group

Not too sure this could work in rugby league for reasons as stated above, but anyone who can get a home crowd to act together as one will never walk alone.;)

If we do end up getting it going, we can't copy historic chants like 'you'll never walk alone' that will just become cringe worthy. There are plenty of others that we can adapt though

Not too sure this could work in rugby league for reasons as stated above, but anyone who can get a home crowd to act together as one will never walk alone.;)

Mate everytime I see LFC sing never walk alone I get the spine tingles. If we could replicate a stiring song similar to that I'd fly down from Brizvegas for every game just to be a part of it.

I know for a fact in the super league, they have purpose built areas for these types of groups. Unfortunately its a bit hard with brookie's current layout.

A reason it mightn't work in Australian NRL is because people believe it won't work. People are afraid of looking like dorks doing something that won't work.

When Mexican waves first started here, I watched a group trying to start one up. It took maybe ten failed starts before others really started joining in. Then it got some momentum, and soon it went all the way around the ground.

Gimme a M
Gimme a A
Gimme a N
Gimme a L
Gimme a Y
Manly Manly Manly
Afraid that's my best I can come at
Hey Sheridan member that in 78

I am not a spoil sport smirny- just old and rather yell at the ref and opposition

My kids are capable of talking to me for the full 80 minutes. It's infuriating.

My wife is the same. I even tried locking myself in a room to watch it on my iPad. She started messaging me on Facebook and SMS. So I gave up.

I am sorry but you can not say that league moves quicker than football? Where the ball can literally go from one end to another in a second or two?

It is a cultural issue and not something that people associate with the game. I go to the other (real) Sydney football team where the cove has been around the same size since the start 10 years ago - a core of dedicated fans who remain fairly consistent

Good luck getting it started, I would suggest the best way would be to get involved with the club as your contact point to start

Just because the ball can travel one end to the other in 2 seconds, doesn't mean there is a whole lot going on.

Gimme a M
Gimme a A
Gimme a N
Gimme a L
Gimme a Y
Manly Manly Manly
Afraid that's my best I can come at
Hey Sheridan member that in 78

I am not a spoil sport smirny- just old and rather yell at the ref and opposition
Ah the booming voice of Lyall Roberts, he dead set has the loudest voice I have ever heard!

My wife is the same. I even tried locking myself in a room to watch it on my iPad. She started messaging me on Facebook and SMS. So I gave up.

Just because the ball can travel one end to the other in 2 seconds, doesn't mean there is a whole lot going on.

No but the complextion of the game can change - a quick break , maybe a corner or even just a striker chasing a ball which is as much of a change as anything that could happen in league

Ah the booming voice of Lyall Roberts, he dead set has the loudest voice I have ever heard!

I was 15 and allowed to travel two hours to Sydney and sleep overnight
WTF

Mum was worried but there was a s group of 18 or do kids so I reckon our mums should of been worried about what we did rather than what we could have had done yo ourselves

Never the less a fan was born and the support ofay was built on those times

Go manly
Gives us a M..,,,,,,,,

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8