Addin Fonua-Blake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • 3 May 2016
  • Manly Daily
  • Jon Geddes
Second chance at NRL taken full on

Fonua-Blake’s short stint at Manly enough to convince City selectors
HE HAS only played three NRL games for the Sea Eagles, but blockbusting forward Addin Fonua-Blake has turned his career around since the club handed him a second chance.

The 20-year-old frontrower was the bolter in the City squad to play Country on Sunday in Tamworth and his selection demonstrates how Manly have helped get his career back on track after he was sacked by St George Illawarra last year.

Fonua-Blake was cleared to play NRL again, satisfying the Integrity Unit that he had completed a comprehensive off-field counselling and development program after pleading guilty to a common assault charge.

“He has quickly been accepted by his teammates who have assisted greatly in his rehabilitation program,” Manly chief executive Joe Kelly said.

“The game has helped a young man, accompanied by his family, to turn his life around.”

And City are confident Fonua-Blake will make a big impact on the weekend.

City Origin manager Paul Sironen said: “We have identified he’s a player of potential and with the limited games he’s played for Manly, he has certainly made an impact off the bench.”

Sironen said that was what City coach Brad Fittler would be looking for on Sunday.

“He’s a big, strong kid. He’s fearless and he’s a big body in the middle of the ruck,” Sironen said.

“He’ll do a job a la what he’s doing for Manly at the moment.”

Fonua-Blake is one of 11 Sea Eagles players involved in the various representative games this weekend.

Star trio Tom Trbojevic, Dylan Walker and Jake Trbojevic would also have been in the City side had they not been injured.

It was a particularly cruel blow for Jake Trbojevic, who was ruled out yesterday.

“He was the first one here for a medical and was devastated to be ruled out,” Sironen said.

“His knee has been giving him a bit of grief – he’s been playing with it at Manly.

“There was discussion between the City Origin staff and the Manly club and it was decided that he needed to be rested for a week.

getimage.aspx

“He’s a great kid and he’s still been going enormous.”

I would have preferred that Lussick stayed at the squeels, he's a penalty magnet and not as effective as AFB or Vave in either attack or defence imo.

I agree. He seems to want to be the tough guy and is just a hot head instead.

He has occasional moments where he looks good and then falls away again.

I bet he's glad he's moved back though!

MANLY SECURE BIG UNIT

Manly have locked down the services of promising forward Addin Fonua-Blake until the end of season 2017.

The prop made his NRL debut for the Sea Eagles against Parramatta in round seven and has been part of their bench make-up ever since.

The 20-year-old joined the club in the off-season, signing a two-year-deal, however it was kept quiet to allow the wrecking ball concentrate on football having dealt with an off-field issue which saw his contract with St George Illawarra torn up.

The Sea Eagles are also hopeful of extending the deal of forward Siosaia Vave.

The 26-year-old was named on the bench for the Tongan Test team to face Samoa at Pirtek stadium on Saturday and has attracted the interest of three rival Sydney clubs.

It’s understood the Sea Eagles have offered the former Shark and Storm monster a two-year extension.
I wonder why it's a 1 year deal instead of a bigger one? Anyway happy to have these 2 locked up next we need to re sign Tafua and Lawrence.

Still not seeing what others are (wish I did). I just see a slightly overweight, slowish player, that struggles laterally in defense, yet is pretty strong.

We already have that in Lussick, Vave & Myles (the biggest plodder of them all).

Anyhow - good luck to him. Hope he does well.

Still not seeing what others are (wish I did). I just see a slightly overweight, slowish player, that struggles laterally in defense, yet is pretty strong.

We already have that in Lussick, Vave & Myles (the biggest plodder of them all).

Anyhow - good luck to him. Hope he does well.

Doesn't surprise me, you have been wrong with just about every other assessment.

Doesn't surprise me, you have been wrong with just about every other assessment.

Funnily, it doesn't surprise me you get snarky about a poster's (almost obsession like) opinion, than debate the topic @Woodsie. Activated again - as you were with @Rex yesterday.

You don't think the players I listed lack mobility, or lateral defense movement? A smart man might have used that to rebuff my opinion.

But my point stands. Lussick, Vave, Myles, AFB lack mobility (and it's hurting us around the middle), especially in defense, and especially early.

Opposition teams speed and power early are recoiling our defensive lines, and the plodders struggle. Team's can afford 1 - 2 of these types of players. We have 4-5.

Funnily, it doesn't surprise me you get snarky about a poster's (almost obsession like) opinion, than debate the topic @Woodsie. Activated again - as you were with @Rex yesterday.

You don't think the players I listed lack mobility, or lateral defense movement? A smart man might have used that to rebuff my opinion.

But my point stands. Lussick, Vave, Myles, AFB lack mobility (and it's hurting us around the middle), especially in defense, and especially early.

Opposition teams speed and power early are recoiling our defensive lines, and the plodders struggle. Team's can afford 1 - 2 of these types of players. We have 4-5.

heheheh

MANLY SECURE BIG UNIT

Manly have locked down the services of promising forward Addin Fonua-Blake until the end of season 2017.

The prop made his NRL debut for the Sea Eagles against Parramatta in round seven and has been part of their bench make-up ever since.

The 20-year-old joined the club in the off-season, signing a two-year-deal, however it was kept quiet to allow the wrecking ball concentrate on football having dealt with an off-field issue which saw his contract with St George Illawarra torn up.

The Sea Eagles are also hopeful of extending the deal of forward Siosaia Vave.

The 26-year-old was named on the bench for the Tongan Test team to face Samoa at Pirtek stadium on Saturday and has attracted the interest of three rival Sydney clubs.

It’s understood the Sea Eagles have offered the former Shark and Storm monster a two-year extension.

@Mitch - you got a link for this article ? so I can put it in the Contracts Thread

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4