All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Definitely would not like to see Manly paying overs to Pearce . Also can not see any justification or benefit in moving D C E to 5 / 8 and can only assume that Pearce would have to acknowledge and accept the prospect of playing in a 5 / 8 role if his choice is the Sea Eagles . Maybe also some serious discussions about the length of any future contract for Pearce is resulting in some protracted negotiations at present and if the knights are prepared to throw some significant overs for Pearce"s services right now , again i hope that Manly do not try and match it and distort their salary cap situation and especially for next season where there is going to be a much bigger array of well rated and high profile N R L players on the market ..
Al, Chez effectively played 5/8 this year. Green even came out at the start of the year and said he was going to play the more traditional half back role so that chez could play what he sees.

If Pearce comes, I don't see there being any concern over him playing the halfback role. Apparently DCE has told him the same thing.

Green was very solid, complemented DCE well and helped us improve this year; however, I believe Pearce is a step up in most categories of the game.

Paying $900k -1m for someone of his experience and skill in the most important role of a half is appropriate (can't see us paying $1.2/1.3 like the knights). The Dragons paid $1-1.2m for Hunt - I know which deal I'd prefer for Manly.

Last edited:
The storm thing was based on smith answering a question in a media interview. All hypothetical along the lines of “would you like to play with him”. It has no substance.

That's true, of course he's going to say that ,what was he expected to say?, "nah we don't need him", a first grade will never sledge another player in the public forum, certainly on the field, but never in public.

That's true, of course he's going to say that ,what was he expected to say?, "nah we don't need him", a first grade will never sledge another player in the public forum, certainly on the field, but never in public.
Read what Thurston said about Pearce last week - shows his true character and sportsmanship :swear:

Plus Bennett intimating that Pearce lacks character :wasntme:
But he signed Lodge who threatened to kill 2 women and assaulted the man in his own home, when he offered them refuge :mad:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/jo...e/news-story/a71ddcc77522fe3d7043ecc1bac4e173

If he was a goal kicker, definitely...
Yeah, that’s smart. Knock the opportunity to have a halves pairing of DCE
Read what Thurston said about Pearce last week - shows his true character and sportsmanship :swear:

Plus Bennett intimating that Pearce lacks character :wasntme:
But he signed Lodge who threatened to kill 2 women and assaulted the man in his own home, when he offered them refuge :mad:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/jo...e/news-story/a71ddcc77522fe3d7043ecc1bac4e173
Yeah but in regards to Lodge, Bennett said it’s not his go.

You forgot about bashing the toilet door down while the man, wife and their terrified 9yr old boy hid screaming and crying in fear.

What a pathetic piece of @#$* scaring a child like that.

He belongs at the Broncos.
He is lucky that he wasn't shot and killed either by the home owner or police

Pearce hasn't signed with Newcastle

Mitchell Pearce toured Manly 's facilities on Thursday and is due in Newcastle on Friday but is some way off making a decision on his future.

Rumours surfaced on Tuesday that a deal was all signed off with at the Knights but this was miles off the mark.

He hadn't even met officials at that stage.

The Sea Eagles remain favourites but who do they get rid of to accommodate him and get under the cap?

I'm hearing it will be a forward.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...e-canberra/14thalm6hqtf41je2ts83ofv16/slide/1

I can see this deal (if 1 even is in place) falling over it's easy for people to say get rid of player a or player b but you need a club who wants the player. On top of that every club now know's if we want to get rid of a player they can make us pay some of the wages because we are desperate (or appear) to clear cap space. So yeah Hastings,Lane or Poo can all go but no club will pay full freight for those players. Green was different the warriors were desperate for him we should have made it a package deal we release Green if you take Poo.

Al, Chez effectively played 5/8 this year. Green even came out at the start of the year and said he was going to play the more traditional half back role so that chez could play what he sees.

If Pearce comes, I don't see there being any concern over him playing the halfback role. Apparently DCE has told him the same thing.

Green was very solid, complemented DCE well and helped us improve this year; however, I believe Pearce is a step up in most categories of the game.

Paying $900k -1m for someone of his experience and skill in the most important role of a half is appropriate (can't see us paying $1.2/1.3 like the knights). The Dragons paid $1-1.2m for Hunt - I know which deal I'd prefer for Manly.
Certainly fair points to make and i do recall Barrett saying that he would like D C E to have more opportunity for some instinctive attack at this season"s beginning . In many and especially early games that i recall , Green did play more of a distributing role but in many other facets and especially clearance kicks and kick chase , D C E still played the traditional half back"s role . Having D C E as a wider roving runner was also gradually becoming a bit predictable and Barrett seemed to change this style and tactic a bit eventually as well . Happily Manly did some good work with some of the D . C .E , Green , Pearce stats , but i would be curious how D C E kick meters compared with Pearce for last season . Pearce has a pretty fair boot on him too and like many modern halves., i am sure that D C E and Pearce could be quite flexible and inter changeable but it would still seem to be a quite major move for D C E and as the club captain to just automatically transition completely to an N R L 5/ 8 role for next season if Pearce does commit . I am not totally well versed on all relevant Manly club information and maybe D C E has indicated his willingness to change position but i certainly have not noticed this suggestion . Nothing seems conclusive yet and now that Green has been released , i am sure that Manly will still make a serious play for Junior but to pay overs again would seem not ideal to Manly 's longer term best interests . [ and surely Hunt"s contract with the Dragons would be deemed or classed as overs and i also think, about 900 grand , max amount for junior ]

Certainly fair points to make and i do recall Barrett saying that he would like D C E to have more opportunity for some instinctive attack at this season"s beginning . In many and especially early games that i recall , Green did play more of a distributing role but in many other facets and especially clearance kicks and kick chase , D C E still played the traditional half back"s role . Having D C E as a wider roving runner was also gradually becoming a bit predictable and Barrett seemed to change this style and tactic a bit eventually as well . Happily Manly did some good work with some of the D . C .E , Green , Pearce stats , but i would be curious how D C E kick meters compared with Pearce for last season . Pearce has a pretty fair boot on him too and like many modern halves., i am sure that D C E and Pearce could be quite flexible and inter changeable but it would still seem to be a quite major move for D C E and as the club captain to just automatically transition completely to an N R L 5/ 8 role for next season if Pearce does commit . I am not totally well versed on all relevant Manly club information and maybe D C E has indicated his willingness to change position but i certainly have not noticed this suggestion . Nothing seems conclusive yet and now that Green has been released , i am sure that Manly will still make a serious play for Junior but to pay overs again would seem not ideal to Manly 's longer term best interests . [ and surely Hunt"s contract with the Dragons would be deemed or classed as overs and i also think, about 900 grand , max amount for junior ]

Dead set, every single post you write is a farkin essay. Less is sometimes more man.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14