All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
This is crazy. He will sign somewhere, maybe even manly.

Off season blues have now kicked in early for me, see you next year.
I'm over it as well, Shoe1. Happy if he comes to us, happy if he doesn't. But it's all going to come down to money. Players go to the teams who offer them the most money. They may justify their decision differently, but really, that's all after the fact. It might be us, it might not.

tookey

First Grader
Former NRL first grader Jimmy Smith says Newcastle have offered Mitchell Pearce a "five or six" year contract as the race for the playmaker heats up.

Pearce was granted a release by the Roosters after the club signed Cooper Cronk from Melbourne.

The 28-year-old has been linked with a move to Manly - who let five-eighth Blake Green go to the Warriors - but Newcastle and Cronulla are also reportedly interested in the 17-game Origin halfback.

Speaking on Fox Sports Smith revealed that the Knights have offered Pearce a long-term deal.

"They're desperate to get a player like Mitchell Pearce to go there," Smith said.

"A known leader, he's going to be the best trainer there, bringing through a young side, a lot of Roosters players already there in Aidan Guerra, Shaun Kenny-Dowall and Connor Watson.

"So from that point of view it's a really good fit and they've got a lot of space in their cap.

"My understanding is that they've offered him a long-term deal, and when I say 'long,' that's a five or six year deal."

If he accepted the offer, Pearce would be at the Knights until the age of 34.

"What we've seen from players these days is that's a bit of a sweet spot for players retiring," Smith continued.

"Physically, he's such a good athlete and he prepares himself so well, that that would be no problem.

"Whether that's enough to get him across the line, Manly can't offer that length of deal, they can't offer the amount of money that Newcastle's offering either."

Pearce has played 238 games for the Roosters, but made way for Cronk, who signed with the Tricolours on a two-year deal.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...ve-or-six-year-deal/2xuu9wfjrcgo1j1o33kpv3ttl

Sounds more like a plea than a done deal.... But what a difference having LyalI Gorman appointed as Ceo and TB extending has made to our club's pulling power..:clap:

However, I think the longer this drags on the less likely we are going to sign him.. Ideally we'd be the perfect fit if he'd be willing to sign on a heavily back ended deal and with salary cap investigation looming over our club.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
I kind of hope he goes to Newcastle on a stupidly long deal for an even more stupid amount. Very short sighted move by the Knights. As his deal turns to **** he’ll be soaking up so much cap. It’s like they never learned from Hodgkinson or Uate or anyone really.

robbiea

First Grader
Tipping Member
I kind of hope he goes to Newcastle on a stupidly long deal for an even more stupid amount. Very short sighted move by the Knights. As his deal turns to **** he’ll be soaking up so much cap. It’s like they never learned from Hodgkinson or Uate or anyone really.
I think this will actually happen.

Bencher
If he comes with us, great, if not, it could be a blessing in disguise. Stretching our cap to try and compete with the Knights could go pear shaped over the long term, we will probably lose our juniors, and if Pearce picks up an injury, we are up the creek without a paddle.

Mitch

Bencher
If he comes with us, great, if not, it could be a blessing in disguise. Stretching our cap to try and compete with the Knights could go pear shaped over the long term, we will probably lose our juniors, and if Pearce picks up an injury, we are up the creek without a paddle.

Yep. No doubt with the cash Newcastle are splashing around, we will have to spend up to our very limit to get him.

Bencher
The longer this goes on, the less I want him. Maybe we should give Johnno Wright a crack and be done with it. Will still be excited if we nab him though. I’d like to see how he combines a DCE.

SLR5000

Reserve Grader

No .. If dce gets injured we still have mitchell .. Mate put him in a manly jersey ! & he will soon show us all how good he really is , he is tuff & a great competitor & he tackles his butt off just like api ... Never misses a game . He is exactly wat we need ! Barrett knows it & that is why these other pricks ( flanagan) wont let him come to us without a dog fight..

If he wants to remain in Sydney, Newcastle's alleged offer of a 5-6 year contract wouldn't be enticing.. By then all of his former rooster mates will be long gone. On the other hand it would give him a chance to create a legacy with plenty of cash incentive..hard decision.. if I were him I'd sign for the Eagles.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 6 -39 14