All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Over 80 pages of speculation! This is amazing

giphy.gif

To your 45% you need to add the 2% Medicare le

To your 45% you need to add the 2% medicare levy (a tax by another name) and the 2% "emergency budget repair levy" that was introduced to fix the last mess left to us by the ALP/Greens, which was supposed to be only temporary but has now become entrenched because the politicians always take the easy road instead of doing the hard thing and actually try to reign in our out of control welfare spending.

Terry if you are paying 45% tax, you are damned wealthy. I never had to pay that sort of tax and live reasonably comfortably because that sort of tax only hits you if you're in the top earners. Not suggesting you dont deserve it, but others in this country work hard with much overtime seemingly for just enough to meet their basic needs. Easy to point the finger at those less intelligent and creative, who get themselves into serious debt just to afford a home to live in. Try not to be so elitist mate. Your talents and intelligence were just an accident of nature. Be thankful you have them and benefit from those qualities. There are a lot of people, many children, out there that never had your advantages, and struggle through life. In my job I saw thousands of them.

Pearce manager has tried to erroneously link the Broncos in on the deal - Bennett blew up - now trying to link the Storm as well based upon 1 question at a news conference to Cam Smith. Tried the same with the Knights & Nathan Brown. It's all BS. NO inside knowledge.....just common sense.

Quite simply - if Pearce doesn't sign with us and we released Green it's one of the great cases of mismanagement on our behalf in recent memory. Rest just smokescreens by managers & journos

Pearce manager has tried to erroneously link the Broncos in on the deal - Bennett blew up - now trying to link the Storm as well based upon 1 question at a news conference to Cam Smith. Tried the same with the Knights & Nathan Brown. It's all BS. NO inside knowledge.....just common sense.

Quite simply - if Pearce doesn't sign with us and we released Green it's one of the great cases of mismanagement on our behalf in recent memory. Rest just smokescreens by managers & journos

Ah Money. The true panacea of the masses. Pearce must be licking his lips realising the good sense in leaving the Roosters

To your 45% you need to add the 2% Medicare le

To your 45% you need to add the 2% medicare levy (a tax by another name) and the 2% "emergency budget repair levy" that was introduced to fix the last mess left to us by the ALP/Greens, which was supposed to be only temporary but has now become entrenched because the politicians always take the easy road instead of doing the hard thing and actually try to reign in our out of control welfare spending.

so for someone on a cool mill still only 46.32%.

and that is before deductions.

In summary fire your accountant, they are ripping you off royal charging 49%.

our out of control welfare spending.
I will bite just once.
I am largely unfamiliar with our welfare system so it came as quite a shock to meet a woman who came to clean for us one day.
She did a brilliant job but clearly she was in extreme pain the whole time. A conversation at the end revealed that she had had a very good job until she was involved in a car accident which almost killed her.
Over a year of rehab left her destitute. She got a compensation payout of around $300,000 which she chose to use to buy a very cheap house in Budgewoi because her employment prospects were slim with her constant pain - a decision any sane person would make.
In their wisdom, Centrelink deemed that she should have used that money to live on and locked her out of sickness benefits for a minimum two years.
We never saw her again because the cleaning was too painful, but what I learned from this woman was that our welfare system is nothing but a cruel juggernaut - perhaps that's what you mean by out of control.
FYI. I won't respond to this again, no matter how irritating I find the bleating and whinging of the wealthy.
Onward and upward .... to Pearce!

Mate, I grew up in the western suburbs in a one income family of 8. My father was low paid, blue collar. Never went on holidays, had to basically pay my own way from age 16, including paying my own way through uni. So don't feed me that bull**** lefty line about privilege. I stand by my view that the best societal form is the one where people are encouraged and incentivised to do the best they can in life, rather than envy those who have achieved and expect others to do the heavy lifting for them. Clearly there needs to be appropriate safety nets for those who are truly disadvantaged, but we are creating a society where increasingly people expect the government to support them from cradle to grave. That system has never worked.

House! You were lucky to live in a house! We used to live in one room, all twenty-six of us, no furniture, 'alf the floor was missing, and we were all 'uddled together in one corner for fear of falling

I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah

And you try and tell the young people of today that ... they won't believe you!

House! You were lucky to live in a house! We used to live in one room, all twenty-six of us, no furniture, 'alf the floor was missing, and we were all 'uddled together in one corner for fear of falling

I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah

And you try and tell the young people of today that ... they won't believe you!
Luxury

Definitely would not like to see Manly paying overs to Pearce . Also can not see any justification or benefit in moving D C E to 5 / 8 and can only assume that Pearce would have to acknowledge and accept the prospect of playing in a 5 / 8 role if his choice is the Sea Eagles . Maybe also some serious discussions about the length of any future contract for Pearce is resulting in some protracted negotiations at present and if the knights are prepared to throw some significant overs for Pearce"s services right now , again i hope that Manly do not try and match it and distort their salary cap situation and especially for next season where there is going to be a much bigger array of well rated and high profile N R L players on the market ..

Definitely would not like to see Manly paying overs to Pearce . Also can not see any justification or benefit in moving D C E to 5 / 8 and can only assume that Pearce would have to acknowledge and accept the prospect of playing in a 5 / 8 role if his choice is the Sea Eagles . Maybe also some serious discussions about the length of any future contract for Pearce is resulting in some protracted negotiations at present and if the knights are prepared to throw some significant overs for Pearce"s services right now , again i hope that Manly do not try and match it and distort their salary cap situation and especially for next season where there is going to be a much bigger array of well rated and high profile N R L players on the market ..

You know something? I would rather pay overs for someone like Pearce who for better or worse is an established player and we'd know what we're getting than I would paying overs for someone like Kalyn Ponga who the Knights are paying almost a million a season based on potential. I mean, the kid hasn't even spent the equivalent of a full season playing first grade and they are paying massive overs for him. Seriously, he has played 9 first grade games in 2 years.

Reading the Play suggested the story in circulation about the Storm being the new favourites is just journo bull****.

It’s got more twists and turns than Mount Panorama this one.

Always respect your opinion and comments Holden V 8 but i thought that Ponga was going to be on about 700 grand per year for the Knights . Gifted young player but of course seems exceptional money for an as yet unproven and not established N R L player . Again can only assume that if large overs are offered to Pearce by Manly , will then have an adverse impact on future and important recruitment considerations for the club .

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8