All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pearce won't be our everything, like he was for the Roosters, he'd be one of our two great halfs, they can share the workload meaning they won't fatigue as much and will be able to chip in when needed. He's a running half, and a leader/organiser. That, combined with the values chez plays with makes a well balanced star halves pairing. Each half is better at the things the other half lacks, they are going to be a complete halves pairing

Was that Pearce de resistance .... or resistance de Pearce

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...y/news-story/a9485ec2e04ddb2e52969d21b2bb606d
It's getting closer...
giphy.gif

It’s a bit of a nothing article really.

The Daily Telegraph - Dean Ritchie

FOOTY friendships forged more than 30 years ago at Balmain might be the catalyst for NSW halfback Mitchell Pearce to join Manly.

Pearce and Sea Eagles forward Curtis Sironen are good mates through a friendship with Liam Roach since childhood.

The three youngsters are sons of former Tigers legends Wayne “Junior” Pearce, Paul Sironen and Steve “Blocker” Roach.

And adding to the Balmain connection is Pearce’s girlfriend, Zoe Grant, who is daughter of former Balmain winger James Grant.

Pearce, Sironen, Roach and Grant all played together in Balmain’s 1989 grand final loss to Canberra.

Pearce, Sironen and Roach were together at Leichhardt from 1986.

Paul Sironen said he would love for the off-contract Pearce to line up alongside Curtis at Manly next season.

The Sea Eagles are locked in a four-way battle to sign Mitchell Pearce with Newcastle, Cronulla and Melbourne Storm.

“Curtis and Mitchell are mates, Liam Roach is actually the conduit,” Paul said.

“Curtis and Mitchell are really good mates with Liam.

“They have all grown up together, although Curtis is a few years younger. The Roach’s live in our street.

“All three boys are really good friends, which is lovely. Myself, ‘Blocker’ and ‘Junior’ all have a good relationship, a special bond after many, many years.

“It’s nice to see the boys are good mates. They all played street cricket, touch footy and pool cricket, all that sort of stuff — as kids do.

“Mitch has always been coming and going from the Roach’s place, Curtis goes there as well. They have built up a good relationship.”

Paul Sironen and Steve Roach are particularly close mates and they catch up with Wayne Pearce several times a year. Paul once worked with Grant, too.

Mitchell Pearce is expected to make a decision on his future within the next week.

Manly are said to be his preferred choice, although Newcastle can make a larger financial offer.

A move to defending premiers Melbourne or last year’s premiers Cronulla must also be tempting for Pearce.

“I would love to see Mitch and Curtis play club footy together,’’ Paul Sironen said.

“I would love to see Mitchell go to Manly. It would be a good move for him. The good thing for Mitch is that he has plenty of options.

“It will depend on whether he wants to get out of the fish bowl of Sydney.

“Mitchell has done a great job at the Roosters. He is a wonderful club player.

“He has been much maligned at Origin level — if you’re not winning, that happens. He cops plenty, a lot of it unwarranted.

“Now that Blake Green has gone, Manly are going to need someone playing on that left edge. Mitch would be terrific for them.”

NRL
Footy friendships from 30 years at Balmain ago could deliver Mitchell Pearce to Manly
DEAN RITCHIE, The Daily Telegraph
November 26, 2017 5:25pm

FOOTY friendships forged more than 30 years ago at Balmain might be the catalyst for NSW halfback Mitchell Pearce to join Manly.

Pearce and Sea Eagles forward Curtis Sironen are good mates through a friendship with Liam Roach since childhood.

The three youngsters are sons of former Tigers legends Wayne “Junior” Pearce, Paul Sironen and Steve “Blocker” Roach.

And adding to the Balmain connection is Pearce’s girlfriend, Zoe Grant, who is daughter of former Balmain winger James Grant.

Pearce, Sironen, Roach and Grant all played together in Balmain’s 1989 grand final loss to Canberra.

Pearce, Sironen and Roach were together at Leichhardt from 1986.

Paul Sironen said he would love for the off-contract Pearce to line up alongside Curtis at Manly next season.

2138ad2c9a9b9b7fd95f83f257a8864b

Zoe Grant & Mitchell Pearce at the wedding of Daniel Mortimer in Orange.
The Sea Eagles are locked in a four-way battle to sign Mitchell Pearce with Newcastle, Cronulla and Melbourne Storm.

“Curtis and Mitchell are mates, Liam Roach is actually the conduit,” Paul said.

“Curtis and Mitchell are really good mates with Liam.

“They have all grown up together, although Curtis is a few years younger. The Roach’s live in our street.

“All three boys are really good friends, which is lovely. Myself, ‘Blocker’ and ‘Junior’ all have a good relationship, a special bond after many, many years.

“It’s nice to see the boys are good mates. They all played street cricket, touch footy and pool cricket, all that sort of stuff — as kids do.

“Mitch has always been coming and going from the Roach’s place, Curtis goes there as well. They have built up a good relationship.”

Paul Sironen and Steve Roach are particularly close mates and they catch up with Wayne Pearce several times a year. Paul once worked with Grant, too.

24507c474344dd5c70fe3ae3bc97f57c

The Sea Eagles are one of four clubs chasing Mitchell Pearce. Picture: Brett Costello
Mitchell Pearce is expected to make a decision on his future within the next week.

Manly are said to be his preferred choice, although Newcastle can make a larger financial offer.

A move to defending premiers Melbourne or last year’s premiers Cronulla must also be tempting for Pearce.

“I would love to see Mitch and Curtis play club footy together,’’ Paul Sironen said.

“I would love to see Mitchell go to Manly. It would be a good move for him. The good thing for Mitch is that he has plenty of options.

“It will depend on whether he wants to get out of the fish bowl of Sydney.

“Mitchell has done a great job at the Roosters. He is a wonderful club player.

“He has been much maligned at Origin level — if you’re not winning, that happens. He cops plenty, a lot of it unwarranted.

“Now that Blake Green has gone, Manly are going to need someone playing on that left edge. Mitch would be terrific for them.”

If memory serves me correct; he’s won you more games than he’s lost. Particularly last season, but let’s not let positive thinking cloud the truth.
Your memory might be right...I don't take notice of stats however we also lose some winnable games. A lot of those are lost after we've dominated many of the games but because we can't shut the games out, we lose.
Pearce has had his time and yes he will be missed for the bloke he is but having Cronk is a more positive outcome, even if it's for 2 years.

Cronk & Keary will be the way to go.

So, I’m just back from cruising on beautiful Halong Bay ( what an amazing spot), and have just checked in to see there’s #nonews and in fact the news is looking more grim ( as far as Mitchy is concerned).

Off to Cambodia tomorrow after 16 days in Vietnam and of course the start of yet another #nextweek

Hope we know sooner rather than later!

So, I’m just back from cruising on beautiful Halong Bay ( what an amazing spot), and have just checked in to see there’s #nonews and in fact the news is looking more grim ( as far as Mitchy is concerned).

Off to Cambodia tomorrow after 16 days in Vietnam and of course the start of yet another #nextweek

Hope we know sooner rather than later!

Have a nice "Holiday in Cambodia" and dont forget to pack a wife.

Its tough kid, but its life!

I spent all my teen years listening to DK's! Surprised no one else caught that... But then again, no one else on here is as cool as us DK listeners, eh Global
There’s a link to the song somewhere in this thread, close to the time when mark mentioned the trip.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8