Alleged Leniu incident.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What a soft soft soft society we have become
I used to be called a Wog , at school every school day of the Week and there were no fines back then
Back then we were tougher men
You were so tough you didn't dare speak up about it?

Mam and others who speak up against racism are the ones showing actual guts. They know full well they'll be savagely attacked and ridiculed for doing so. The tough footy players who speak up do it to defend others who may be weaker or more vulnerable or even just younger than they are, they know as sport stars they are in a position to call it out so good on them. Hopefully the game's bosses have enough courage not to sweep it under the carpet.

It's not a matter of villifying Leniu, it's simply an issue that needs illuminating because there are still so many people who don't understand how damaging racism is. To everybody.

We did not speak about it because we were proud of who we were
I live out side of Manly and I get ridiculed after every loss
But I never ever lose my Manly Identity
I wear my Manly Gear and walk around in enemy territory proud of who I am feathered friend
The Moral of the story
Let us be proud of who we are
and not be ashamed of how another person sees us
This is how we build strength and pride on the inside

Mentioned earlier, but Dean Widders and Bryan Fletcher:

Paul Gallen and Mickey Paea:

The point I was making is sure there’s been racial slurs on ground that have been dealt with after the game. It was interesting reading the ‘Widders’ story again.
But I can’t ever remember a ref stopping play to talk to the captains and Ezra.
Then asking Mam if he wants to make an official complaint. Which he does. Then Gee signals it’s on report Ezra has made a formal complaint that’s racial in nature against Spencer, I haven’t heard it, the incident goes on report and it will be dealt with after, that’s where it’s left,” Gee said.
In my original post that is what I’m asking. Had a racial slur been put on report in game time?
Also my memory is like a sieve. So I have to ask these things, that others may find simplistic.

Last edited:
The point I was making is sure there’s been racial slurs on ground that have been dealt with after the game. It was interesting reading the ‘Widders’ story again.
But I can’t ever remember a ref stopping play to talk to the captains and Ezra.
Then asking Mam if he wants to make an official complaint. Which he does. Then Gee signals it’s on report Ezra has made a formal complaint that’s racial in nature against Spencer, I haven’t heard it, the incident goes on report and it will be dealt with after, that’s where it’s left,” Gee said.
In my original post that is what I’m asking. Had a racial slur been put on report in game time?
Also my memory is like a sieve. So I have to ask these things, that others may find simplistic.
Hi there fellow sieve memory .... no offence

Will be interesting on how they will have evidence of the allegation, none of the on field officials heard it.

Haven’t seen anything from the game footage that picks up the allegation.

Does the judiciary bring in lip readers to try and capture this or do they rely on the word of other players that heard this?

A large can of worms this one if they have no actual evidence, lots of pressure on the games administrators on how this is handled.

We have become a soft , soft society Because we can not cope with useless words
The moral of the story ...
Sticks and stones can break my bones but your useless words will not intimidate me and get the better of my strong spirit

Yeah it's a strange one, instead of literally crying you'd think he'd start throwing fists.

Why this needs to be considered on this page is amazing. And yet some of our most proliferate members are the ones that seem to feign ignorance to the facts behind the insult

I would love to see some of these members be benched as it is vulgar - but Im not sure if they are deemed valuable members because of the amount of posts they (plural) do

He's out for 8+ weeks I reckon. If it had have been a normal round prob 4 but given it was in Vegas and 60million yanks watching its a bad bad look for the game. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets double digits just to make a point.

Apologies for attempting to diminish this issue yesterday. Upon reflection it was in poor taste and it isn't my place to decide what should or shouldn't offend anyone.
Nice sentiment. When folks do get called out for saying inappropriate stuff, I'm often surprised the reaction isn't simply, 'Oh sorry, I don't want to racially insult you, I'll be more careful what I say next time'. Or something like that.
Meanwhile we've got dinosaurs like Graeme Hughes and Papworth on radio today saying Mam probably only complained because his team was losing. Wtf?? Some people are just resistant to considering the issue, it seems.

We have become a soft , soft society Because we can not cope with useless words
The moral of the story ...
Sticks and stones can break my bones but your useless words will not intimidate me and get the better of my strong spirit
How do you know society can’t cope with “useless words” now?How do you know society could cope with “useless words” in the past? Maybe suicide and mental health was prevalent in the past but nobody knew how to deal with it or were told to “harden up” Id much rather live in a world where people don’t have to deal with “useless words”

yes I love seeing Walker blow up every time the other team score esp Manly !!

I watched the game again today and I saw walkers carry on. What a dead**** he is there was nothing in Saabs celebration that warranted it. At the start of the season he said I’m not getting involved in that stuff anymore. What a flog, I would hate him to wear the manly colours.

Why have we become a soft society,because we don’t tolerate racism anymore?

Mam and others who speak up against racism are the ones showing actual guts. They know full well they'll be savagely attacked and ridiculed for doing so. The tough footy players who speak up do it to defend others who may be weaker or more vulnerable or even just younger than they are, they know as sport stars they are in a position to call it out so good on them. Hopefully the game's bosses have enough courage not to sweep it under the carpet.

It's not a matter of villifying Leniu, it's simply an issue that needs illuminating because there are still so many people who don't understand how damaging racism is. To everybody.
I watched the game again today and I saw walkers carry on. What a dead**** he is there was nothing in Saabs celebration that warranted it. At the start of the season he said I’m not getting involved in that stuff anymore. What a flog, I would hate him to wear the manly colours.
Unfortunately,Walkers form for grubby stuff is consistent, the game doesn't need it.

Last edited:
If a man of colour gets called a monkey and takes offense...then guess what - it is offensive.

It doesn't matter whether you think it is offensive. It only matters what they think.

Those who say Mam should harden up etc should be ashamed.
Personally I think he should have had it out with Spencer first… sure he has the option of making the formal complaint but should it be the first course of action?
None of us have any context and it seems Spencer thought it was all part of the argy bargy…
But what ever… Leniu was dumb enough to put it out there and now he will cop the grief for it…

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8