Amateur players blog

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe it's the lack of cricket over here but, I'm quite enjoying the stories you guys are posting.

Keep 'em up.

-Glenn Mcgrath

-ge

Mate was desperate last week so I filled in for 2nd grade. Been about a year since I had a decent bowl and 18 months since having a proper hit

Left home with instructions from the wife not to bowl lol

Got tossed the ball in the 40th over, picked up their top scorer, 1/8 from 3 with the majority going past the batsmen tit high no matter what length I aimed for haha

Went in and threw the bat at it, 1st but straight back over the bowlers head and I felt good, 2nd ball a filthy heave that I missed completely. Managed 21 with 2 maximums, the 2nd one right out of the fat and went a mile so that felt good

Wife discovered I bowled, list of jobs as long as you could imagine given to me, and the body, especially shoulder, is in pieces !! Tuesday now and I'm still sore haha, no sympathy at home either

Nz first class stuff started yesterday, unbelievable game going on. After 8 overs Auckland were 7 down with 12 on the board, scrambled to 62. The Wellington openers then came out and put on 435 for the 1st wicket !! When they eventually declared Papps was 319no

Mate was desperate last week so I filled in for 2nd grade. Been about a year since I had a decent bowl and 18 months since having a proper hit

Left home with instructions from the wife not to bowl lol

Got tossed the ball in the 40th over, picked up their top scorer, 1/8 from 3 with the majority going past the batsmen tit high no matter what length I aimed for haha

Went in and threw the bat at it, 1st but straight back over the bowlers head and I felt good, 2nd ball a filthy heave that I missed completely. Managed 21 with 2 maximums, the 2nd one right out of the fat and went a mile so that felt good

Wife discovered I bowled, list of jobs as long as you could imagine given to me, and the body, especially shoulder, is in pieces !! Tuesday now and I'm still sore haha, no sympathy at home either

Nz first class stuff started yesterday, unbelievable game going on. After 8 overs Auckland were 7 down with 12 on the board, scrambled to 62. The Wellington openers then came out and put on 435 for the 1st wicket !! When they eventually declared Papps was 319no
Jesus tap dancing Christ

Don't you just hate THAT ****ing nets session where the ****ing ball refuses to hit the stumps? You slip the ****ing ball through 1800 times to look like a chump anyway

wow! Er, that seems like a mismatch!

And a sympathetic lol at your list of "chores for the sores."

Maybe it's the lack of cricket over here but, I'm quite enjoying the stories you guys are posting.

Keep 'em up.

-Glenn Mcgrath

-ge

Our season has finished. We play in the winter here for obvious reasons. Bit hard to prepare a deck during the wet season.
Personally, as usual, I had a pretty inconsistent season. A couple of 50's and a few sub 10 scores. Fairly typical. :banghead: Better than having consistent sub 10 scores I guess.
Middle of the season I hooked a ball straight into my cheek bone. Blew up impressively. Play was called for the day. Came out the next week and top scored. Was pretty stoked. We chased down 220.
I then busted my wrist playing old farts footy. Missed the rest of the season. :banghead:
The guys went on and won the GF. :party::party: Stoked for them. Spewin I missed it. :(

Our season has finished. We play in the winter here for obvious reasons. Bit hard to prepare a deck during the wet season.
Personally, as usual, I had a pretty inconsistent season. A couple of 50's and a few sub 10 scores. Fairly typical. :banghead: Better than having consistent sub 10 scores I guess.
Middle of the season I hooked a ball straight into my cheek bone. Blew up impressively. Play was called for the day. Came out the next week and top scored. Was pretty stoked. We chased down 220.
I then busted my wrist playing old farts footy. Missed the rest of the season. :banghead:
The guys went on and won the GF. :party::party: Stoked for them. Spewin I missed it. :(
Is that far north qld?

Red letter day for my boy

Took his first wicket bowling leg spin (and almost took out the square leg umpire a couple of times) and then completed the rarest of under 10 feats... a catch! The first in the three games

Took his first wicket bowling leg spin (and almost took out the square leg umpire a couple of times) and then completed the rarest of under 10 feats... a catch! The first in the three games
Awesome. Congratulations to your young bloke @lsz I coach my young blokes u12s and it is very satisfying (and often frustrating) ;) to see them progress during the course of the year. I hope he sticks to the art of leg spin

Awesome. Congratulations to your young bloke @lsz I coach my young blokes u12s and it is very satisfying (and often frustrating) ;) to see them progress during the course of the year. I hope he sticks to the art of leg spin

It is a weird one as it is not like he has watched much cricket and seems to have just found a desire to do it - now if he can get a few runs as well!

Noice!

Sigh, I guess if I ever get around to having kids...they'll wanna play (ice) hockey instead of cricket!

good job by your son, leg spin is hard!

do they automatically make you the scorer every game?

And...OW. They stopped play because of your injury? Wusses! Why back in my day.....etc etc..

So...cheek bone...high score...broken wrist...

Man you're the definition of a roller coaster!

Good one!

Catches are man of the match material down there lol

How did he get the wicket? Also what kind of catch? Reaction or up and down?

Catches are man of the match material down there lol

How did he get the wicket? Also what kind of catch? Reaction or up and down?

He bowled the guy out - pitched outside leg and turned to hit leg...also had another just bounce over as he somehow bowled a toppy

As for the catch we had at square leg and it popped up to him - he just missed one in week 1 so was super stoked

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2