Amateur players blog

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The umpires think it's an ODI and ping you for being a bees dick down leg, 2 went for a single

I was trying to land the yorker, the pitch is short and i had footwork issues for most of my spell

My sons game got canned after 2 overs...when one of the kids bowled a beamer due to a slippery ball

Always good fun when ya lose the radar

2nd grade semi final years back, we posted 300, I took the new pill, 15 ball 1st over, I don't swing the ball but it hooped everywhere that day. Wandering down to fine leg wondering why the hell I didn't just cross seam it. Told the captain to cut me but he left me on and ended up bowling 10 straight

A funny one for me this week

Last week my son decided to try a new batting stance... almost Steve Smith esq. I tried to to talk him out of it but he was an insistent as 8 year olds are....this week he busted it out and hit his first boundary (and defended well against their best bowler)

A funny one for me this week

Last week my son decided to try a new batting stance... almost Steve Smith esq. I tried to to talk him out of it but he was an insistent as 8 year olds are....this week he busted it out and hit his first boundary (and defended well against their best bowler)
****ing awesome lol

I still hate watching Smith bat

We had a runfest

304 to 260ish

I bowled **** 1/25 from 4,DNB

It is hard to explain but he sort of crabs forward and covers the whole stumps...and then gets to the pitch of the ball. Might cause him problems later in life on the back foot but that is not a worry now!

At 8 years of age it's all about just hitting the ball - eye / hand is not about batting stance. You should be stoked if he is watching the ball and hitting it.

I tell my boys to try and stand balanced and slightly open but after that it's all just watch the ball all the way onto the bat and HIT it. You can always iron out technique when they get older but it's much harder to teach them to hit it.

I had to employ the "do as i say not as I do" mantra this week. Out for 7 chasing a wide one that I only managed to toe end to the keeper. No self control. I hate cricket.

At 8 years of age it's all about just hitting the ball - eye / hand is not about batting stance. You should be stoked if he is watching the ball and hitting it.

I tell my boys to try and stand balanced and slightly open but after that it's all just watch the ball all the way onto the bat and HIT it. You can always iron out technique when they get older but it's much harder to teach them to hit it.

I had to employ the "do as i say not as I do" mantra this week. Out for 7 chasing a wide one that I only managed to toe end to the keeper. No self control. I hate cricket.
I have learnt this the hard way....glad he worked it out for himself. He is doing okay at the moment especially considering he is playing up an age group

Self control...... I'm learning it at 35

Trying not to belt donkey drops is hard work, still cut that my sweep was caught

Gents some advice

My boys batting is coming along in leaps and bounds but his bowling has regressed big time (it is almost like he got his wicket and then let it go)

Last week he somehow managed to bowl an over of wrong uns- well the ones that were on the pitch

Any advice on how to get him back on track?

Gents some advice

My boys batting is coming along in leaps and bounds but his bowling has regressed big time (it is almost like he got his wicket and then let it go)

Last week he somehow managed to bowl an over of wrong uns- well the ones that were on the pitch

Any advice on how to get him back on track?
Practice.....start from scratch and rebuild, back to basics so to speak is the only way to come back, it's the same for every sports skill

In ten pin bowling when you're lost you go back to a one step approach and slowly rebuild your approach (ideally, every ball you bowl in ten pin you have an identical approach or choreographed walk to the foul line)

Bowling is a job, sometimes it's great other times it's ****, on the weekend i lost my swagger, i felt outmatched and outgunned and as a result i bowled ****

Form is confidence, but every once in a while **** can creep into your game that doesn't belong there

What a ****ing weird game

Had them 4-11 or so,they ended up batting out the overs for 174,i bowled 0-13 off 4 before being dragged,**** captain

We fell roughly 50 runs short,i got stumped even though i made sure i had my foot well in the crease.....but i was out,i made a Quinney from their openers,punching a ball through covers for 1....lets say a pair of late cuts over the slips cordon for a four and a double and a lofted drive over cover for another 2

Went to pull out a sweep and became unstuck

I was out LBW for the 1367th time in my career. Damn those full straight ones. Does anyone know how to play an on drive in 3 easy steps ??

Theres a couple ways,i generally move my front foot forward and slightly left and just angle the bat in that direction

I personally don't try to drive high on the on side,i prefer to middle it and run it along the carpet at breakneck speeds

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6