An Update from the Club - finally

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nah - it was in the auditorium...and he was standing there alone with a glazed look on his face. I was being polite. If you are a person of that stature at the club, you would anticipate that supporters would want to speak to you.

Steppa on the other hand is the opposite. He shows respect, and has time for his fans. He acknowledges us.

Actually - Nick Bradley-Qulilawa was the nicest of players. He told me the club wanted to stick with Hoppa, and he had to go overseas through no choice of his own...We got 1.5 games out of Hoppa....LoL

[quote author=Jatz Crackers]
[quote author=Ryan]
[quote author=Jatz Crackers]
[quote author=Ryan]
Geez I'm glad I took the time of that long write up before. Thanks guys.

I appreciated it Ryan.

Especially since I was also a bears fan, although the reasons for my migration to manly was probably different to yours.

[/quote]

Jatz - care to elaborate on your migration dude???
[/quote]

Sure thing Ryan.

My migration from bears to manly wasnt really due to the natural (or unnatural as the case may be) merger and subsequent de-merge & re-instatement of the Manly club.

Mine was purely because at that time, my 2 kids were at the age (7-11) when they started to enjoy sporting events and they took to the Northern Eagles (and all the costly merchandising) with vigour. Also, they loved going up to Gosford to see them play and we would have a mini holiday. So as any part time dad out there will tell you, you just gotta keep the kids busy and happy.

So I guess I was hijacked into supporting the merged entity by my boy and girl. What followed was most definitely a natural progression. The demerger and following of Manly as they are now. Fact is, I always admired Manly (despite the rivalry) so it aint been to hard to do.

[/quote]

Great kids Jatz !!! It's good that you spend time with them at the footy too. I'm in a catch 22 at the moment. Ethan is too young to watch the footy, and I want to spend as much time as possible with him at home, because I work so much. That said, I don't want Ethan (my son) to grow up too fast. It's his 1st day at pre-school (he's 2.5 years old) soon, and it is cutting me to ribbons.

By the way - he too has a Manly Jersey...I bought it from the club. I went up to Zorba on the night and showed him, saying "check this out. It's for my son. This clubs in good hands for the future".

He turned his nose up at me, ignored me, and walked away.

PS, he didn't know who I was at the time. But hey....I'm happy.

[/quote]

Nah Ryan He Just knows your a Mate of Matabele's :dance: :yeah:

"He turned his nose up at me, ignored me, and walked away."

Pretty poor form I say. When your part of a community sporting organisation, taking time for like minded people is all part & parcel of the obligation. Unless you were an obvious drunken numnuts then he should at least acknowledge you and if necessary politely disengage.

Nah - it was in the auditorium...and he was standing there alone with a glazed look on his face. I was being polite. If you are a person of that stature at the club, you would anticipate that supporters would want to speak to you.

Steppa on the other hand is the opposite. He shows respect, and has time for his fans. He acknowledges us.

Actually - Nick Bradley-Qulilawa was the nicest of players. He told me the club wanted to stick with Hoppa, and he had to go overseas through no choice of his own...We got 1.5 games out of Hoppa....LoL

Ive found at the presentations that most of the players love a chat - bar the really high profile ones, who i guess are sick of all the media hype and understandably. Last year i struggled to leave, Hecks just wouldnt shut up. Speaking with the players after a win is one of the best things - Flash Ash was great after his first win in first grade.

Zorba and BK are the only 2 that have ever not been friendly, but neither were out and out rude.

When i went down to sydney last year we went to the bronco's game where we won 21 - 20.. best day of my life haha

After the game me and my mate chatted to BK for ages.. he is real good value.

I also spoke to him up here after an origin game and he was good again... what i appreciated was the questions we were asking him he wasn't just agreeing with he was actually giving his opinion not just agreeing with me and my pisshead mates... i agreed with the same as him cuz i go for the blues but my mates are QLD supporters... so they were prolly being a bit annoying but yeah he seemed to enjoy having a joke around with us on both occassions

but as i sed i was pissed so he prolly hated us hahaha

"Pretty poor form I say. When your part of a community sporting organisation, taking time for like minded people is all part & parcel of the obligation. Unless you were an obvious drunken numnuts then he should at least acknowledge you and if necessary politely disengage."

I should have probably elaborated though fellas... There were a lot of people there (big wigs of the club), and he might have had other things on his mind. He didn't even really acknowledge me except for a "hmmph" noise. When I go to the footy, it's not to watch him anyway.

Even Watmough had a joke with me when at a presentation, in 04, when I called out "GO THE BEARS", a little drunk, Choc looked at me, cocked his head to the side a little, laughed and stated:

"Who are they?"

The buggar !!!

yeah i get what ya mean ryan.... choc has always seemed like a larrikin when i have seen him

"miss hoover" .... "yes ralph" .... "i ate my crayon!"

P.S - the start bit was just an excuse for another ralph quote.... Go ralph!

Dean is on the football club's board and also was ran the club's marketing/membership for a while last year. No fear he will not be buttering anyone associated with ST again after a certain things that happened last year.

"Mrs. krobopel (however you spell it) and principal skinner were in the closet making babies and I saw one of the babies and then the baby looked at me"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8