Andrew Webster article

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys for goodness sake. Lets live and let live. As I said before what is wrong here is to damn another person because of their faith (religious or philosophical), culture, age, gender, gender preference, colour and even past indiscretions such as criminal behaviour. Each of us has the right to our personal beliefs and sexual preferences. The only caveat is that what we believe or do should never act against the rights and freedoms of another persons choices.

The exception of course are those who choose to support another Rugby League side other than the mighty Sea Eagles. We should be banding together and fighting against the real evil in this world...the Roosters, the Broncos, the Rabbitoes, the Storm, the........ They're the real enemy

Kager said:
Ok I'll bite on the question, on phone so will b brief.

The Old Testement records creation and some earth development but in the main outlines the birth of Jewish nation, and the shellfish like rules that some still maintain today. The Christian belief starts here but doesn't end here.

Based on Gods word and through a Jew in Jesus Christ Christians believe that the one way to heaven is through putting trust in the fact Jesus is God and perfect and died and rose again to cancel the need for so many rules or "the law". No matter what we have done he takes the hit.

I detailed above to answer what Christians base right and wrong on. The New Testament details basis of Christians way forward.

So when Old Test says something it was for the Jewish people at the time, but then when the New Test reinforces it by stating a position on it Christians will base their belief on it.

I will not go on as most won't read it but I thought I should highlight we do not all blindly follow the word of a man but have considered beliefs that have only made my life better.

If anyone wants me to discuss this further then PM me or start a non NRL thread otherwise we could go back to agreeing on a team.

Modern man made laws reduce or restrict freedom, Jesus died and rose again to give us "free will" and that includes to sin.(This does not mean sin is encouraged just that we have the freedom to choose this path but have to accept the consequences)

Accepting consequences is more about not making wise decisions in line with Bible belief and making your life harder or more complex as a result.

For example(Not in relation to the Bible) it is better to have a child after getting married as marriage is more likely to create a more stable secure environment for the child.

People "usually" marry after a prolonged period together and feel more inclined to try and make it work resulting in a more stable family environment compared to having sex before marriage getting pregnant with the wrong person and leading separate lives.

Now that is not to say it works all the time and there are many terrible marriages for a child but it offers a wise process to think about before having a child.

Well that is the way i view my limited knowledge of the Bible, i have only read small parts and not really the religious type but have a strong faith and belief in his wisdom/guidance.

I don't go to Church and don't see the point of Churches , my belief is personal and private, i don't preach to others and never will in person or online.

Give a man a fish, he will eat for the day

Teach a man to fish, he will eat for a lifetime

Give a man religion, he will starve to death praying for fish.

Some here remind me of 2yr old children because they can't persuade others to change their views , they resort to having little tantrums and get personal with abusive comments. Or is that ( just throwing it out there ) their living with a little dark secret and this debate is a perfect way to vent frustration ???

Guys Oxford st isn't far away I'm sure your still young enough to have a little splash in the water !!!!

It's just a discussion , no need to get angry because someone doesn't agree with you.

Have a look in the mirror mate about being a 2 year old, yes you are entitled to an opinon and yes others need to respect it and yes you also need to drop the barbs about going to Oxford St blah blah blah cause you have no idea what its like to come out, be scared of who you are and yeah people do vent.

As my old man would say, walk in another mans shoes and see it for yourself. When you can look beyond your own opinions you might begin to understand that.

I came out aged 39, yeah hiding from the world , living in fear of who I was, till I learnt that fear and hate are nothing to be scared of. I know whats its like to be vilified about who I am and I no longer give a toss about it.

This has been a fair discussion on the most part, but like everything you will get prejudice, bigotry, ignorance and intolerance.

sheridanstand78 said:
Have a look in the mirror mate about being a 2 year old, yes you are entitled to an opinon and yes others need to respect it and yes you also need to drop the barbs about going to Oxford St blah blah blah cause you have no idea what its like to come out, be scared of who you are and yeah people do vent.

As my old man would say, walk in another mans shoes and see it for yourself. When you can look beyond your own opinions you might begin to understand that.

I came out aged 39, yeah hiding from the world , living in fear of who I was, till I learnt that fear and hate are nothing to be scared of. I know whats its like to be vilified about who I am and I no longer give a toss about it.

This has been a fair discussion on the most part, but like everything you will get prejudice, bigotry, ignorance and intolerance.

Mate you have not been abusive on here neither have I. Others have so it was a shot at them.

You seem that your doing ok and that's great but mate stop living in the past and the sad stories. Everyone has a sad story it's life.

Some kids get hit by a car driven by their parents and die. What do you that would be like ???

Your over 39 living a life. Be happy and get over the past. Your not the only one that has been upset , angry depressed once on a lifetime. Your gay I'm not , you want gay people to wed I don't think it's right.

Big deal it's just a discussion that were on opposite sides. Your strong comments towards me , makes me think your weak and looking for support.

I do not wish bad for you , I just don't see eye to eye, does that make me a worst person than you?

Haha, your ignorance is breathtaking mate.

Umm living in the past is not something I do. I learnt that lesson a while back.

Comparing me coming out to someone having a car crash or accident or some other sob story is just daft.

Yes we do disagree with each other. Very hard to understand someone who really struggles with the word empathy, maybe if you try to be a bit that way you might just get it.

Napper said:
Kager said:
Napper said:
Faith means not wanting to know what is true.

Napper you believe there is no God and have Faith that you are right, the gap between the evidence you have and an answer requires it.

No I don't. I know I'm right. I believe what I see. I don't have faith in anything. I live in the now what happens in five minutes will happen. I work on a construction site. If a crane falls and kills me in the next 5 minutes then I'll believe it. I don't have faith that it won't happen because it is reality. I live my life based on reality not falsified stories.

You display faith when you commit to a football team. You have faith they'll do the best they can; you have faith they'll leave you feeling proud to support them; you'll have faith they'll be holding up another premiership soon.

Everybody holds faith in something in their lives, usually for those elements most closely affecting them, including things like family. Faith is not strictly a religious function.

sheridanstand78 said:

Umm living in the past is not something I do. I learnt that lesson a while back.

Comparing me coming out to someone having a car crash or accident or some other sob story is just daft.

Yes we do disagree with each other. Very hard to understand someone who really struggles with the word empathy, maybe if you try to be a bit that way you might just get it.
Mate the reason I advised stop living in the past is that most of your post mention how hard & difficult it was for you blah blah blah.

What gives you the right to think that your issue is more difficult than others ???

Try telling those that have to live their life's knowing they accidentally killed their child or those that lost young kids to bulling ( for many different reasons ) or watching a loved one deflate and deteriorate because of that damn illness cancer and until his last breath he was trying not to upset his family which this man was such a human being that even the birds in the sky loved him. That your dilemma is so much worst and painful !!! That's ignorant.

Stop with the sob stories dude everyone has been hurt in life one way or a another.

Your a bloke still , I suggest have a spoon of concrete and harden up !! Gimme a break

panash said:
sheridanstand78 said:

Mate the reason I advised is that most of your post mention how hard & difficult it was blah blah blah.

What gives you the right to think that your issue is more difficult than others ???

Try telling those that have to live their life's knowing they accidentally killed their child or those that lost young kids to bulling ( for many different reasons ) or watching a loved one deflate and deteriorate because of that damn illness cancer and until his last breath he was trying not to upset his family which this man was such a human being that even the birds in the sky loved him. That your dilemma is so much worst and painful !!! That's ignorant.

Stop with the sob stories dude everyone had been hurt in life one way or a another.

Your a bloke still , I suggest have a spoon of concrete and harden up !! Gimme a break
There is brown stock, oxy stock and pal you are laughing stock!!

I dont have a sob story, we all have our own journey in life.

I watched my father die from cancer so ive got a pretty good idea of how devastating that is.

The biggest sob story is your blinding ignorance.

You need that spoon full of concrete to harden up your gob!! to stop the dribble that comes out of it! then we will all get a deserved break.

sheridanstand78 said:
panash said:
sheridanstand78 said:

Mate the reason I advised is that most of your post mention how hard & difficult it was blah blah blah.

Stop with the sob stories dude everyone had been hurt in life one way or a another.

There is brown stock, oxy stock and pal you are laughing stock!!

I dont have a sob story, we all have our own journey in life.

I watched my father die from cancer so ive got a pretty good idea of how devastating that is.

The biggest sob story is your blinding ignorance.

You need that spoon full of concrete to harden up your gob!! to stop the dribble that comes out of it! then we will all get a deserved break.

Now you get personal !!!! Did i hit a soft spot ?? ( sorry lol ) I have some good ones too but I won't stoop to your level.

Stop seeking attention there are others in this world that need it more than you.

Harden up little boy , it's time to grow up and be a man !!!

@Panash can you tell me how your life, as it currently stands, would be impacted by two gay men getting married?

Would you even know if it happened?

The thing I want to know is when gays marry why do some wear dresses??? Wouldn't suits be more appropriate? I saw this wedding in the States the other day and couldn't work it out. Women dressed as men and men dressed as women. Do they want to be opposite?? It looked quite surreal.

panash said:
sheridanstand78 said:

Mate the reason I advised stop living in the past is that most of your post mention how hard & difficult it was for you blah blah blah.

watching a loved one deflate and deteriorate because of that damn illness cancer and until his last breath he was trying not to upset his family which this man was such a human being that even the birds in the sky loved him. That your dilemma is so much worst and painful !!!

But only if he just prayed, 'God' lol, would have cured his cancer.

Ever seen kids in the children's hospital having Chemo?

God is doing a great job

Darren said:
The thing I want to know is when gays marry why do some wear dresses??? Wouldn't suits be more appropriate? I saw this wedding in the States the other day and couldn't work it out. Women dressed as men and men dressed as women. Do they want to be opposite?? It looked quite surreal.

That is quite strange I agree

Not as strange as the 1000s of preists convicted of molesting children though.

Agree Napper with what you said. Hopefully one day it will be cleaned out as it's such anti to what Jesus wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8