Andrew Webster article

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Napper said:
panash said:
sheridanstand78 said:
Haha, your ignorance is breathtaking mate.

Umm living in the past is not something I do. I learnt that lesson a while back.

Comparing me coming out to someone having a car crash or accident or some other sob story is just daft.

Yes we do disagree with each other. Very hard to understand someone who really struggles with the word empathy, maybe if you try to be a bit that way you might just get it.
Mate the reason I advised stop living in the past is that most of your post mention how hard & difficult it was for you blah blah blah.

What gives you the right to think that your issue is more difficult than others ???

watching a loved one deflate and deteriorate because of that damn illness cancer and until his last breath he was trying not to upset his family which this man was such a human being that even the birds in the sky loved him. That your dilemma is so much worst and painful !!!

But only if he just prayed, 'God' lol, would have cured his cancer.

Ever seen kids in the children's hospital having Chemo?

God is doing a great job

Darren said:
The thing I want to know is when gays marry why do some wear dresses??? Wouldn't suits be more appropriate? I saw this wedding in the States the other day and couldn't work it out. Women dressed as men and men dressed as women. Do they want to be opposite?? It looked quite surreal.

That is quite strange I agree

Not as strange as the 1000s of preists convicted of molesting children though.

People are born and later in life we die.

Sad but true. I have seen kids sick and it beaks my heart.

But your shots at god are very childish and immature but your entitled to have them

Hamster Huey said:
Napper said:
Kager said:
Napper said:
Faith means not wanting to know what is true.

Napper you believe there is no God and have Faith that you are right, the gap between the evidence you have and an answer requires it.

No I don't. I know I'm right. I believe what I see. I don't have faith in anything. I live in the now what happens in five minutes will happen. I work on a construction site. If a crane falls and kills me in the next 5 minutes then I'll believe it. I don't have faith that it won't happen because it is reality. I live my life based on reality not falsified stories.

You display faith when you commit to a football team. You have faith they'll do the best they can; you have faith they'll leave you feeling proud to support them; you'll have faith they'll be holding up another premiership soon.

Everybody holds faith in something in their lives, usually for those elements most closely affecting them, including things like family. Faith is not strictly a religious function.

No I don't. I want them to win.

Using your analogy, having faith in my team winning means "I think they'll win, but I can't be 100% sure" therefore, people aren't sure if god exists but they still devote their lives to a falsified story because they're scared of dying and hoping there is a heaven.

But your shots at god are very childish and immature but your entitled to have them

Watching anyone fight that insidious disease is gut wrenching especially if its a family member or loved one. No one would ever wish that on another.

panash said:
Napper said:
panash said:
sheridanstand78 said:

Umm living in the past is not something I do. I learnt that lesson a while back.

Comparing me coming out to someone having a car crash or accident or some other sob story is just daft.

Yes we do disagree with each other. Very hard to understand someone who really struggles with the word empathy, maybe if you try to be a bit that way you might just get it.
Mate the reason I advised stop living in the past is that most of your post mention how hard & difficult it was for you blah blah blah.

What gives you the right to think that your issue is more difficult than others ???

watching a loved one deflate and deteriorate because of that damn illness cancer and until his last breath he was trying not to upset his family which this man was such a human being that even the birds in the sky loved him. That your dilemma is so much worst and painful !!!

God is doing a great job

Darren said:
The thing I want to know is when gays marry why do some wear dresses??? Wouldn't suits be more appropriate? I saw this wedding in the States the other day and couldn't work it out. Women dressed as men and men dressed as women. Do they want to be opposite?? It looked quite surreal.

I'm not being childish. I've seen enough to know that if there IS a higher being, he is an arsehole. You only have to open the paper or watch the news to see how **** this world is.

Look at the U.S.A (in god we trust)

Meanwhile 100,000 plus civilians killed in the Iraq/Afghanistan wars.

Islamic extremists screaming "God is great" and blowing up innocent people. It's a joke.

Napper said:
sheridanstand78 said:
Napper said:
sheridanstand78 said:
Wow what a legend you are!!

What?

I was referring to Panash being a legend , responding from an earlier post.

Ah okay. Sorry mate.
I read a bit about what you say. For me the real problem out there is extremism. The extremists who use their cause to vilify others, its a fact that extremism is found in many areas of society and where possible it needs to be resisted peacefully where ever possible.

Napper said:
panash said:
Napper said:
panash said:
sheridanstand78 said:

God is doing a great job

Darren said:

I'm not being childish. I've seen enough to know that if there IS a higher being, he is an arsehole. You only have to open the paper or watch the news to see how s**t this world is.

Look at the U.S.A (in god we trust)

Meanwhile 100,000 plus civilians killed in the Iraq/Afghanistan wars.

Islamic extremists screaming "God is great" and blowing up innocent people. It's a joke.

I agree mate , the world is falling apart and quickly.it's very sad

But I disagree about god. Its man causing war and uneducated followers. I Like to think that I follow god but I'm against war , priest pretending to the world and hurting young boys.

If your so confident it's gods fault have you ever thought the other side ?? That the evil on earth is the devils fault ?? Just a thought !!

Whenever I read about marriage I always wonder what the advocates of it think about the divorce rate and how that reflects on their opinion.

Napper, as a christian I ask you to please stop calling God an a### hole etc. To me, you are making this topic a lot worse than it was intended. You have bagged us out as literally morons as believers. It's obvious that you don't have a belief but you are going too far now please. Why you continue to demean people so strongly I'm not so sure?

Darren said:
Agree Napper with what you said. Hopefully one day it will be cleaned out as it's such anti to what Jesus wants.

Don't you mean god? Or does Jesus still theoretically exist alongside god, like apollo alongside Zeus?

Darren said:
Napper, as a christian I ask you to please stop calling God an a### hole etc. To me, you are making this topic a lot worse than it was intended. You have bagged us out as literally morons as believers. It's obvious that you don't have a belief but you are going too far now please. Why you continue to demean people so strongly I'm not so sure?

Lol. Religion is a choice, homosexuality isn't. Yet you have no problem in making a joke out of it. I'm demeaning religion, not it's followers, I just laugh at them..

This thread reminds me of that Frentè song from the 90's.

Accidently Silvertails Street, where Gays and Christians sometimes meet.

I never thought life, could be so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

lsz said:
@Panash can you tell me how your life, as it currently stands, would be impacted by two gay men getting married?

Would you even know if it happened?
Hey mate.

As I mentioned alot earlier , it wouldn't effect my life at all , however I don't have to agree because the PC are telling me I should. 20 odd pages later we are still here because other members have directed at me insults & questions that have forced me to reply and with so many posts new tangents are created as one thing leads to another.

What I don't understand is this is just a discussion and members here seem to get angry & abusive just because some don't see the same view.

I was born here , i pay taxes , abide & respect the rules & laws this country provides so FFS !! I'm entitled to a controversial opinion.

I havnt had any of my posts edited because I have not been abusive like some.

We don't live in the dark ages anymore and we are all familiar that the gay community exists which are part of the society and are accepted

So when will all this special attention stop with parades and celebration ???

The birth of a child and the mother that carried the child for 9 months and going through labour ALSO deserves as much celebration IMO.

Anyways , this topic was always going to create controversy and disagreements maybe it should of been shut down alot earlier.

Darren said:

Darren , I wouldn't worry about those comments you can't control the way others feel or their opinions right or wrong.

Others here seem to get angry if you don't agree , so they find away to get personal so it makes them feel their one up against you.

You can reply my telling them their mums a whore , but then you stoop to their level and for what ???

Let it be bud. It is written that you will be mocked and crucified for his names sake.

Napper said:
Hamster Huey said:
Napper said:
Kager said:
Napper said:
Faith means not wanting to know what is true.

Napper you believe there is no God and have Faith that you are right, the gap between the evidence you have and an answer requires it.

No I don't. I know I'm right. I believe what I see. I don't have faith in anything. I live in the now what happens in five minutes will happen. I work on a construction site. If a crane falls and kills me in the next 5 minutes then I'll believe it. I don't have faith that it won't happen because it is reality. I live my life based on reality not falsified stories.

You display faith when you commit to a football team. You have faith they'll do the best they can; you have faith they'll leave you feeling proud to support them; you'll have faith they'll be holding up another premiership soon.

Everybody holds faith in something in their lives, usually for those elements most closely affecting them, including things like family. Faith is not strictly a religious function.

No I don't. I want them to win.

Using your analogy, having faith in my team winning means "I think they'll win, but I can't be 100% sure" therefore, people aren't sure if god exists but they still devote their lives to a falsified story because they're scared of dying and hoping there is a heaven.

You need to re-read my post. I never suggested it was about something as definitive as winning. It's not about that.

It's the consideration of all the variables at play in a manner that then leads you to concluding (or believing) in your assessment of a more-than-likely outcome.

Of course there are those that use their faith in a situation to deliver only a my-way-or-the-highway belief, in many facets of life. But ultimately by buying into what you feel you can influence or get enjoyment from, you are displaying a level of faith in how that pans out. Otherwise, why bother if you know it's a lost cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8