Andrew Webster article

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Sorry Darren and Panash, it's ridiculously simplistic to say everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Speaking about homosexuality in the same breath as Satan is about as close to openly advocating gay-bashing as it gets.

Did you apply the same logic to Andrew Johns's right to call Greg Inglis a black c***?

You've got your Abbo's mixed up mate

Interesting thread. Bones, as usual, you crack me up. Fell off my chair laughing at the pole smoking comment.

However, I'm confused. Are lesbians gay? Or are lesbians unhappy gay people?

Frank said:
Interesting thread. Bones, as usual, you crack me up. Fell off my chair laughing at the pole smoking comment.

Wasnt going to comment on this thread but what the heck all I can say is some people are very easly pleased if they get a kick out of some peoples narrow minded "bone" head comments. Live and let live people.

faithful said:
Frank said:

Wasnt going to comment on this thread but what the heck all I can say is some people are very easly pleased if they get a kick out of some peoples narrow minded "bone" head comments. Live and let live people.

In the middle of all the serious discussion I found it sledgehammer funny. But that's just my opinion. And dare I say in this thread - that everyone's entitled to their opinion. There - I said it.

faithful said:
Frank said:

Having a sense of humour which is different to yours does not make me narrow minded. Not that there's anything wrong with that. :p

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ramrod said:
… nature did not intend it that way…
Hahaha
Let me guess… someone descended from a cloud and revealed that to you.
Didn't anyone ever tell you nature didn't intend people to descend from clouds?

Right. There seems to be a misunderstanding that I'm religious.
Far from it.
I know there ain't no God and I have proof:
If there was a God, Manly would NOT have been robbed so many times in Grand Finals.
:-/

bones said:
Religion is the cause of most of the world's problems, but I guess that's what nature intended.

Humans developed with the need to climb the pile and smash those considered lesser than them or their aims. Religion developed as just another tool to use to manage/justify that urge, and recruit others to your cause.

Napper, again you show little understanding as I don't remember anything about doing the things you say we have to do. It's interesting that you don't profess being a christian but have a wonderful understanding of what we are involved in.
Of course, some do things on the wrong tangent but your comment about being uneducated whilst you being totally wrong is disappointing.

Darren said:
Napper, again you show little understanding as I don't remember anything about doing the things you say we have to do. It's interesting that you don't profess being a christian but have a wonderful understanding of what we are involved in.
Of course, some do things on the wrong tangent but your comment about being uneducated whilst you being totally wrong is disappointing.

If you don't do the things he says you do, how is that having a wonderful understanding of what you're involved in? That's a little contradictory.

Technical Coach said:
bones said:
Religion is the cause of most of the world's problems, but I guess that's what nature intended.

Greed tops religion any day of the week

So religion bottoms then?

1. Those who talk about 'freedom of speech' need to understand we have no Bill of Rights in this country and hence no freedom of speech.
2. Mardi Gras began because a bunch of gays and lesbians were being bashed by police. These brave men and women stood up for themselves when the rest of society was largely against them too. It is now a celebration of their stance.
3. The gay Olympics also began because the sporting world, with all it's macho posing was one of the most poisonously homophobic places for a person to be gay or lesbian.

I think it's great that our society and this forum is now in a place where all those who fought their whole lives to be accepted as equal are finally being recognised. Thanks to all of you.

I find it amazing that in a thread talking about not ridiculing people based on their lifestyle its open season on anyone that holds a belief different to Homosexuals.

There is a lot of narrow minded assumptions being stated here about religion, which as a Christian I am one of part of a belief system tagged with this, in defence of a different lifestyle.

If you truly are so comfortable in your lifestyle then you shouldn't feel the need to rip down anyone else that doesn't agree with you.

Stig may not have done the best career move as he is in the public eye and can be put up on a pole for what he says and people will actually look, but to say he should be disciplined for it is the usual PC madness where the only way people feel they can deal with a disagreement is to not allow you to.

Best thing I can say here is I don't think its the way to go and would say the same to anyone that asks me, just the same as it would seem a lot here would tell people not to be a Christian and would ridicule them for choosing that path.

Having a different belief doesn't mean I can't co-exist with someone, I shouldn't have to agree to be ok.

COMMANDER said:
FMD how is this relevant to Manly footy. Should be posted in a forum more suited to it's content, so I don't have to stumble across it here.

"Rugby League Forum. Discuss all things Rugby League in here..."
Er.. nothing I can see there to say we can only discuss on-field stuff ...?
[/quote]

Just going to pop over the the gay rights forum and start talking rugby league.

And let me clarify I would do that if I knew where said forums where :)

Kager, well said, the PC brigade only want conversation that agrees with them otherwise they abuse you. Why we all have to think the same is hard to understand.

bones said:

I don't think that's true to be honest. The underlying issue with most of the problems has been money/greed. People have just used religion to cover up their true intentions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7