Are the current commentators the worst in history?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Ginnane/Ennis combination we copped Thursday was on again togeth tonight for Storm vs Tigpies.

Both should be banished for ever. The biggest pair of dribblers of all time.

It was so good to hear Warren Smith and Brandy commentating last nights Cows v Canberra gig. You rarely hear them together now days. But they compliment each other so well. No animated made up click bait posturing. It was the first time in a long time I haven’t gone to the mute button in a game.

Based on political and society trends it seems likely half the commentary team will need to be women in the next few years. I am not saying I agree with this by the way. If this does happen some of these guys will need to go! I will voting for our new biggest US fan to help with the gender balance if required

Based on political and society trends it seems likely half the commentary team will need to be women in the next few years. I am not saying I agree with this by the way. If this does happen some of these guys will need to go! I will voting for our new biggest US fan to help with the gender balance if required
Lara Pitt and Jess Yates would be the only ones to make " team gender" imo.

I’d be quite happy with 50% women, plenty of smart woman fans out there, and quite a few play the game. The commentator roles that are held by blokes who have never played are ripe for merit-based recruitment.

Having said that, I watched Friday’s game with the sound off. I’m sure if a broadcaster offered the game with only crowd noise this would win the ratings.

Its funny how we all have our own perspective

post above is pretty spot on in my opinion. Dont mind vossy and his over the top calling. Whenever I watch a channel 9 call now its so boring 😴. Dont mind most of the fox calls.

Anasta was so painful in the rooters loss to us last year in the finals.
I hate how Voss deathrides Manly. The Bulldogs Manly game last season - ugh. Not the flogging, the other game.

I also hated how he demeaned Spud constantly in Spuds debut in commentating.

I hate how Voss deathrides Manly. The Bulldogs Manly game last season - ugh. Not the flogging, the other game.

I also hated how he demeaned Spud constantly in Spuds debut in commentating.
Voss supports the Vermin so there is a special hatred for our club from him!

I watched Friday’s game with the sound off. I’m sure if a broadcaster offered the game with only crowd noise this would win the ratings.
FOX Sports had that option for a season or two back in the early 2000s.

They had three sound options that you could choose from with the click of a button on the FOXTEL Remote:

1. Commentary;
2. Referee; and
3. Crowd.

I always went with the 'Referee' option because it felt a bit like you were at the game and also you could hear exactly what the referee was calling rather than having to listen to some bias clown in the commentary box rambling on and on or guessing or making up some reason for some refereeing decision or call.

I wish that they would bring it back as an option.

They had three sound options that you could choose from with the click of a button on the FOXTEL Remote:

1. Commentary;
2. Referee; and
3. Crowd.

I always went with the 'Referee' option because it felt a bit like you were at the game and also you could hear exactly what the referee was calling rather than having to listen to some bias clown in the commentary box rambling on and on or guessing or making up some reason for some refereeing decision or call.

Sounds great. I haven’t ever had fox, but that was probably ahead of its time as a concept.

I was just thinking thr nine commentary team is pretty good right now. Danika is great, Joey's analysis is peerless ( perhaps Brandy ), and I don't mind Bracey. I am hating Slater slightly less (not Cam Smith though, fk him). Even meathead Gal is fine. Emma Lawrence is a quality presenter. Ruan is also excellent ...

It has evolved from the Roosters commentary team to a decent, more representative group of professionals.

In addition to these excellent commentators, they also have Fittler

Kevin Walters was the worst by a country mile. No insight, no timing, no value add. Came across as a simple lad way out of his depth.

Warren Smith, Greg Alexander, Andrew Johns, Billy Slater are all OK (had no time for Slater as a player, but to be fair, he is insightful and fairly balanced). I know most won't agree. Everyone has a view on Andrew Voss - I'd rather run it on mute than listen to him.

They obviously have different criteria in appointing the 360 host vs what I think would work. To first have Yvonne Sampson and then Braith Anasta (yes really) come in to replace the excellent Ben Ikin defies any logic I know given some of the other optiosn they had.

There seems to be a lot of dead wood at Fox that are the ones promoted, and the good ones bail. Ben Ikin gonski (although admittedly it was a unique role at the Broncs). I thought Mark Gasnier had real insight and was one of the best, no surprises he left given he was probably dealing with the central casting that appointed the above 360 hosts. Similarly, Shirvo walked and got a much better, broader gig at Seven. The good ones go. Lara Pitt would probably be the next. Over to you Braith, Vossy and Yvonne ....
Every season one or two leave Fox, I always make a game out of it, and work out who they replaced ?

I want to know which fwit Fox executive made the call to put James "absolute tosser" Hooper in as a sideline reporter. I had been able to dodge him in recent years by not watching NRL 360. But fair-dinkum, the absolute ego driven shiit that rolls off his tongue is diabolical. I now have to have the remote permanently in the right hand to hit mute as soon as they cross to him.
Lara Pitt was on the side line on Friday for the Sharks game. The only time she came on was to keep us updated with injuries and things relevant to the game. Not go into some bullshiit monologue for five minutes, which adds exactly f/all to the game.
Ive got this feeling of deja vu. I think I may have already made my feelings known on another thread. But that just underlines the contempt I have for this prick. I would take Corey Parker over him….yeah, let that sink in and marinate for a bit. Corey Parker Ffs!
Ok rant over. Where’s my blood pressure monitor?!

1. Commentary;
2. Referee; and
3. Crowd.

We have that over here, click the yellow button and we can choose Fox, 9 if they are doing it, or just the crowd noise and ref

I generally end up on the 9 call when the choice is there, especially if Rabs or Fatty are part of the 9 crew, and prefer Freddy, Gould, Joey over the fox crew

I’d rather listen to Ray Warren fart for 80mins than listen to Warren Smith speak for 80

I wonder why Matt Russell was demoted to the NSW Cup.

He is better than Voss and Guinnane.

I wonder why Matt Russell was demoted to the NSW Cup.

He is better than Voss and Guinnane.
Funny you mention him. I did read somewhere recently that it was his choice as his family were fed up with him on the road far and wide on weekends. Apparently he asked for a more family friendly roster, but was denied. I agree, he is better than most, but if it’s a family request, tough call. But for me, family first.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8