Are the current commentators the worst in history?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
We have that over here, click the yellow button and we can choose Fox, 9 if they are doing it, or just the crowd noise and ref

I generally end up on the 9 call when the choice is there, especially if Rabs or Fatty are part of the 9 crew, and prefer Freddy, Gould, Joey over the fox crew

I’d rather listen to Ray Warren fart for 80mins than listen to Warren Smith speak for 80
Love Warren Smiths delivery, "and it's a Manly try if you don't mind"

I’d rather listen to Ray Warren fart for 80mins than listen to Warren Smith speak for 8

fixed!

Anyway, it's interesting to see everyone's likes and dislikes commentator wise.

the option of listening to the ref would be interesting.

I'd still like it if the footy budget allowed more 'home team' commentators rather than a pool of supposedly unbiased game callers. Like the hockey.

The two peanuts who take in turn on Channel Nein are poor commentators (one of them - the one with the Foghorn Leghorn voice -is worse than the other). Matt Thompson and Peter Psaltis I think they are.

As exhibit number one: both commentate like they're some bloke at the pub watching a game on the TV from about 8 metres away. Accuracy is variable; both like to get all worked up first, and then try and find out what happened afterwards.

For example, "oh he's dropped it!! That's really going to make it hard for the _____ (insert team name). No wait, the referee says it was stripped!! Well, they don't deserve that......!"

Frank Hyde would be rolling in his grave.

Commentators sounding like comic voice-over at a Punch & Judy show, they're desperately looking hard for 'heroes' and 'villains', not giving any actual insight, getting plays and players names wrong......awful.

On a similar subject, does anyone get miffed by the ground commentators and their inane calls intended to pump up the crowd? What about the music played at every stoppage? I was at Mudgee for the match and the music was particularly loud and intrusive . . . and I wasn't even wearing my hearing aide!
It might be just my age but I don't think it is necessary for songs to blare over the PA, except Eagle Rock when appropriate. Then again, perhaps the younger generation needs more entertaining than me; I'm just happy to watch a game of rugby league and let the crowd get into the match as the action befits.

Even putting up with billy slater is better than fox. At least slater just talks about the footy

This caller on Nine is tedious - the bloke that departs the scene of car crashes - Matt Thompson?

He and Adolf noticeably deflated (verbally) when it was increasingly obvious that Manly would win.

I would love to hear someone remind the other commentators that Oldcastle won in 1997 on the back of juiced up players.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8