Ashes 2017-2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hats off to A Cook. Well batted albeit in a 'dead rubber'. Will be interesting to see how Australia approach their innings. Surely England can't lose the test from here.

First ball wraps up the innings.

Cook 'carries his bat' and that's not a bad effort in a total of 491! 20 years since the last pom did it (Atherton).

Just hoping that Aust don't collapse and we head off for a draw (I don't think Aust can win).

While it's great to hear Bill's voice on the commentary he's lost it.
He has said "he's gone, he's out, he's got him" way too many times when no one has got anybody out.
ABC radio commentary only now.

While it's great to hear Bill's voice on the commentary he's lost it.
He has said "he's gone, he's out, he's got him" way too many times when no one has got anybody out.
ABC radio commentary only now.

At the moment the only stream I get is from BT sports so no Bill for me.

I see England are doing their best 'throw the ball into the ground to scuff it up' and when the refs calls them out Joe Root puts on his best innocent school boy face.

At the moment the only stream I get is from BT sports so no Bill for me.

I see England are doing their best 'throw the ball into the ground to scuff it up' and when the refs calls them out Joe Root puts on his best innocent school boy face.
Oh yeah. I wouldn't trust any team that had the like of broad, Anderson,Cook and root in it to not do anything under handed.
Even Mitchell Johnson questioned on twitter how the ball can reverse in under 10 overs.
Geez I wish he'd get out there and rip into them again.

Oh yeah. I wouldn't trust any team that had the like of broad, Anderson,Cook and root in it to not do anything under handed.
Even Mitchell Johnson questioned on twitter how the ball can reverse in under 10 overs.
Geez I wish he'd get out there and rip into them again.

Not sure Anderson digging his nail into the seam helped...much

Bancroft and Usman might be on notice for Sydney. Problem is there is no Shield cricket going on at moment so how does anyone push their case.

So... only a couple of hours left. Aust 4-225 odd

Draw time it seems.

I haven't watched any of today's game but with Mitchell Marsh being 10 runs off 97 deliveries...looks like he is showing a lot of disciplined patience.

Another pretty dour test match. TBH I didn't see a lot of it, I read the quotes about how flat it was looking on day 1 so put a line through it, but saw quite a bit of day 2 where I thought maybe it wasn't as flat as made out, but the last few days showed that it was extremely flat deck with no life in it at all, only way batsman were going to get out was if they got themselves out. Sounds like it has been the same for shield cricket as well

The MCG and any other ground with a drop in pitch should not be allowed to host a test match

I'm sick to death of this Nancy boy regional sport **** ruining cricket

Not much in the pitch, but the rain yesterday killed this test. Today was just a bore fest. Australia never in a position to set a target and England not looking likely to take 10 wickets. Should have called it off at lunchtime.

The Melbourne Cricket Ground pitch on which the Boxing Day Test was played has officially been labelled "poor" by the International Cricket Council, in a highly embarrassing blow for the world-famous ground.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...ket-ground-pitch-as-poor-20180102-h0cmm5.html

Not sure what that means in the larger scheme of things, but having a pitch that starts off medium....gets slower without breaking up certainly shouldn't be admired. Hopefully never again.

5th test match....

Eng win the toss and will bat.

Bring back Steve Waugh, did ever lose a coin toss? (probably).

Bit of a drizzly start to the day but sun eventually came out. Pitch didn't offer much once the shine went off the ball, looked like a reasonable batting deck. Couple of lazy shots by the Poms once they had got starts helped our cause. Starc was pretty poor today with his direction and down on pace, he spent a fair bit of time off the field so I assume he must have been having some injury issue.

Root will be kicking himself the way he got out, but realistically he got lucky the ball before. Bairstow got suckered by Hazlewood and those last two wickets swung the day in our favour. Basically a brand new ball to start the morning fresh and hopefully we can run through the last 5 and keep them under 300. Cummins looked good first up today so hope he gets a crack early if Starc is still struggling

Could be a good day to be batting tomorrow so looking forward to a couple of sessions of the Aussies having a bat.

Seems the Aussies are back in control. Smith looking good as usual. Dave Warner to get 100 in second innings after missing out today.
England batters showed some fight, but at 3-0 how long till they are mentally on the plane to NZ?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8