Ashes Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Would have been happier chasing around 250, but 300 is gettable if someone gets set. Harris is bowling really well and has carried our attack this test, I love his no nonsense style....never any histrionics when he gets a wicket. Doesn't get involved in any huff and puff with the batsman, just goes back to his mark and lets the ball do the talking. Maybe even KE might like him ??!! I've been a bit disappointed with Bird, he looked like he had something to offer last summer, but he seems to be "putting" the ball on a length instead of hitting the deck with a bit of ooomph.

As mentioned, if Warner can hold his bottle and play his natural game then he could be the key. A quick 50-100 from him in a session will put the frighteners into them, especially if Rogers holds up his end. I can't help feeling Clarke is the key here, if he gets set we are a big chance of batting around him to 300.

Wish this rain would piss off, I can't afford tow late nights in a row.

Aust 1-120 at tea.

An opening century partnership! Feels like it's been awhile.

Eng looking desperately around for some extra tape and drs calls!

And of course now all my fav fishing spots are down.

aust 2/151

Clark joins warner at the crease.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd Australia collapse.

I'd like to shoot Waston in the face. (not really, but I'm rather annoyed.)

edit: Haddins dismissal was b/s as well.

9/212

wah

Ah poop. It should be stumps but eng asked for the extra time as aust are 9 down. And you know what eng (and ke) ask for....they get.

Game over red rover.

Credit where credit's due, and hopefully axes due where axes are due!

o47g2.jpg

So,i was in bed watching the game,my mrs asleep next to me and i turned the TV off at 0-80

Wake up and check my phone to see how hard we are crushing them only to find out we suck more than i thought we did

At least we were competitive again but thought we bowled dumb with the 2nd new ball trying to get them out every delivery rather that "testing" them.

Strange bowling card, just the one pace bowler from each team doing most of the damage with spin the assistant.

So for it has been the team that wins the toss is the team that wins or is going to win bar rain the test.

Hopefully we win the toss for the last and the weather holds off this time.

Our batting is pretty fragile at the moment. Only one score over 300 in this series so far. Can't expect to win too many test matches with that sort of application with the willow.

Disappointing to see such a good start frittered away though. Haven't seen the wickets so don't know whether it was good bowling or poor batting.

That's it. I'm following chick cricket from now on. At least they know how to bat. Go girls! Just wish it was on FTA.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8705175

Clint said:
That's it. I'm following chick cricket from now on. At least they know how to bat. Go girls! Just wish it was on FTA.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8705175

Doing the same!

Hard to get it on the tele as you say.

And 1- they consistently win, and

2- Need the public's support, and

3- Aren't a bunch of overpaid so and so's.

edit:

England 6/ 172 (74.0)

Australia 6/ 331 (124.0) (dec)

Australia won the toss and elected to bat

I know chicks soccer is a lot more enjoyable to watch than the blokes. The chicks don't roll on the ground when someone brushes up against them like the blokes do. The chicks get in there and bash & barge and get up and keep going. It's great.

Harris is a good player

You blokes seem to have learnt the art of the batting collapse from us ! We are still the masters though lol.

I heard Michael Holding say he would swim back to Jamaica if Australia won a test and he would have been nervous yesterday !! Haven't had a chance to watch the chase yet but will hopefully see a bit more of it tonight and see what went wrong

Womens cricket is a terrible watch at times fellas, I better say that quietly though or some of my mates will give me a hiding haha

Clint said:
I know chicks soccer is a lot more enjoyable to watch than the blokes. The chicks don't roll on the ground when someone brushes up against them like the blokes do. The chicks get in there and bash & barge and get up and keep going. It's great.

The Canada v usa games are always great. Esp since the controversy with the olympics!

Kiwi Eagle said:
Harris is a good player

You blokes seem to have learnt the art of the batting collapse from us ! We are still the masters though lol.

I heard Michael Holding say he would swim back to Jamaica if Australia won a test and he would have been nervous yesterday !! Haven't had a chance to watch the chase yet but will hopefully see a bit more of it tonight and see what went wrong

Womens cricket is a terrible watch at times fellas, I better say that quietly though or some of my mates will give me a hiding haha

Michael Holding, pffffft.

Ah, as you haven't seen it yet......

spoiler alert for the above posts!!!!

Flicked thru some of it last night, Warner and Clarke copped absolute beauties to get rid of them

Pretty embarrassing one for Khawaja and Smith was probably a bit loose with his stroke

But my highlight of course was seeing Twatto get hit in front of middle and get the review going yet again haha

But my highlight of course was seeing Twatto get hit in front of middle and get the review going yet again haha

Please tell me you are kidding. I saw the quick replay of his dismissal and had a chuckle at yet another LBW, I didn't realise he reviewed it though. What a muppet, seriously.

Lol not kidding at all, Australia had 2 in the bank at that stage and he and Haddin used them. Guess that deep in the order they felt they could use them up

The ball was only just clipping leg stump but as soon as I saw the review I was laughing

Clint said:

I was playing footsal against a bloke (junior state rep, jets junior etc) about 6 months ago and made a fairly soft tackle (both of us stationary) where I kicked the ball and clipped his heal and he went down like an Italian and started having a go at me like I had hacked him intentionally, I honestly thought he was faking it and just having a sook (he did have history of sooking). Then I realised he was actually in pain and went over to see if he was ok and it was his big toe that was hurt. He had previously damaged it and re-injured it earlier that week.

So I guess they all arn't as fake as we might think its just that their feet and ankles are glass.

Still they wouldn't last out a match in normal club soccer.

Make you realise how tough league players are.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8