Ashes Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Clint said:
On the BSB this morning Slats & TK were saying that the Chris Rogers experiment has not worked and that we would not be any worse off in the series if Phil Hughes had of opened. I will state from the outset that I am a Phil Hughes fan, and that at 24 he should be in the team over a 35yo Rogers. Phil's 81no in the first innings of the first test was the best knock of the innings. He showed a lot of maturity & fought really hard when batting with Agar. He is then out of the squad two tests later. WHY???

For the fourth test I bring Phil back in at the expense of Rogers. Hughes & Warner open with Watson & Clarke at 4 & 5.

Rogers shouldn't be dropped just because of his age. 2 50s in 3 tests isn't great but also isn't something that should see you dropped from this lineup

Hughes was shafted though, shouldn't have been dropped, think he batted 5 1st test, 4 2nd test, opened in the tour match then flicked, can't expect a guy to consistently perform when being shuffled like that

Watson should be the batsman under pressure, hasn't done anything in tests for a couple of years now and his bowling stats shouldn't be enough to hold his gig

Kiwi Eagle said:
Clint said:
On the BSB this morning Slats & TK were saying that the Chris Rogers experiment has not worked and that we would not be any worse off in the series if Phil Hughes had of opened. I will state from the outset that I am a Phil Hughes fan, and that at 24 he should be in the team over a 35yo Rogers. Phil's 81no in the first innings of the first test was the best knock of the innings. He showed a lot of maturity & fought really hard when batting with Agar. He is then out of the squad two tests later. WHY???

For the fourth test I bring Phil back in at the expense of Rogers. Hughes & Warner open with Watson & Clarke at 4 & 5.

Rogers shouldn't be dropped just because of his age. 2 50s in 3 tests isn't great but also isn't something that should see you dropped from this lineup

Hughes was shafted though, shouldn't have been dropped, think he batted 5 1st test, 4 2nd test, opened in the tour match then flicked, can't expect a guy to consistently perform when being shuffled like that

Watson should be the batsman under pressure, hasn't done anything in tests for a couple of years now and his bowling stats shouldn't be enough to hold his gig

I hear what you are saying kiwi, but whilst I'm not a massive Watson fan, I would persist with him. For this series anyway. Agreed his batting and bowling figures do not stack up on their own, but he does have the knack of getting that handy wicket, or at least holding an end up. I feel Watson gives more value than Rogers at the moment.
Looking forward, you'd think Rogers would not have much more than 18 months at this level, and that's if he performs. I'd rather see some stability in the team whilst also having an eye to the future.
As I said, Hughes in for Rogers, for me.
But I don't think it will happen.

Clint said:
KP was out.
Do you hear Brett just say that the batsman now have specials skins on their bats that minimises the affect of hotspot.

Special silicon tape that reduces friction and hence hot spots effectiveness. I see KP was blowing up because he was accused of using it, seems his excuse is that why would he use something that might prevent him being saved from an LBW decision if hotspot shows he got a tickle on it. Wouldn't you just silicon tape the outside edge of your bat and leave the inside edge free for the LBW help ??

This will be a major blow up if they prove they have been trying to fool the technology. What's next, noise attenuating tape to fool snicko ??

^ That's what I thought too.

KP is a cheat, and I'm sure KE agrees!!!!! (and lsz as well)

Ashes to aust!

Haddin must be a cheat too thinking back to the 1st test ;)

Looking forward to it starting again tonight

Just scrolling through Cricinfo and see Maxwell made 145* from 79 last night, India A attack must be rubbish :p

I've got a feeling we could be back to test no.2 scenario for this one. Got this feeling the Aussies tried last test, got nothing, so now it's all over. As much as Clarkie says they can still draw the series, I think the Poms hunger will be greater than ours. Anyway, all mind games isn't it. Hope I'm wrong!! Go Australia!!

shut the hell up ke or i'll hunt u down and paint the aussie flag on yer face....take a pic....and send it ter yer loved ones!!!!!

*actually I wont, but it'd be cool to met ya!

smooch

Last edited by a moderator:
globaleagle said:
shut the hell up ke or i'll hunt u down and paint the aussie flag on yer face....take a pic....and send it ter yer loved ones!!!!!

*actually I wont, but it'd be cool to met ya!

smooch

Go to bed man!!! before you post something you regret... hang on...too late..;)

yeah who'd wanna smooch a kiwi!

meh, I'll be up at 3am your time....deleting away!

I still stand by the comments that england as playing this series without a smidgin of sportsmanship.

oh....

I WOULD WALK 500 MILES.....

The beauty of being able to see deleted messages ;) haha

Still plenty to play for in this test, England haven't won the ashes yet, just retained them

fake!

Well our resident pom lover (ke...lolololol) will be going for an eng win, but the rest of us hope for an aust victory to make the last test enjoyable.

wait: drs and umpire stuff ups ruin the 4th test. poms and kiwi's re-state tis the best series ever!

lol :p @ frodo

I need a drink

Chip and Chase said:
Clint said:
KP was out.
Do you hear Brett just say that the batsman now have specials skins on their bats that minimises the affect of hotspot.

Special silicon tape that reduces friction and hence hot spots effectiveness. I see KP was blowing up because he was accused of using it, seems his excuse is that why would he use something that might prevent him being saved from an LBW decision if hotspot shows he got a tickle on it. Wouldn't you just silicon tape the outside edge of your bat and leave the inside edge free for the LBW help ??

This will be a major blow up if they prove they have been trying to fool the technology. What's next, noise attenuating tape to fool snicko ??

His argument has a flaw that I haven't seen anyone try and expose. That is the majority of caught behind are off the outside edge, but all edges onto the pads are the inside edge, so why has no one raised that he has probably taped only the outside edge?

Sherlock at your service....

Chip and Chase said:
Clint said:
KP was out.

Agree 100% and haven't seen this raised in media, after all all it is only the inside edge that can contribute to a dodgy LBW and I would suggest 95% outside edge for caught behind

Set up for a good test here, like a test with a 250 v 280 1st innings and not too far from that here so far

You blokes are sounding like telegraph reporters with this tape rubbish lol

We're all shocked...SHOCKED I say that a kiwi is siding with the poms re the cricket.

Shocked!

edit:.... Shocked!

globaleagle said:
We're all shocked...SHOCKED I say that a kiwi is siding with the poms re the cricket.

Shocked!

edit:.... Shocked!

Hey GE. What are you mate??

Am pumped for the first session tonight. Hopefully Gary can pick up the last wicket & get a well deserved 5fa. (and we then bat til stumps day 3)

Shocked!

It starts at about 3am here and no stations put in on the tele.

So I get the last hour or so.

Just hoping we can get the last wicket early and we value 'our' wickets somewhat more.

Hopefully kp's bat get scrutinised and found to have tape on it!

As well as the bowlers and their magic mint lollies, dirt in pockets, etc etc etc. south Africa England should have players banned, not just pakistan (and nz!)

Tape on the bat is right up there with the calves blood :)

Don't get disappointed that the rest of the world is now catching up to Dyer the Liar, Haddin and co with dodgy antics :p Symonds must have had tape on his bat all those years ago when he smashed the cover off one early that wasn't given and he went on to 160

Game setting itself up nicely with Australia 52/3 at the mo

I'm on fire with getting people going well at the moment, got rid of Bell and Siddle from my fantasy side just before the 1st test, Bell 100 and Siddle 5fer, flicked Clarke before he got his 187 and got rid of Broad before this game who has the 1st 3 !

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10