Ashes Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Kiwi Eagle said:
Game setting itself up nicely with Australia 52/3 at the mo

I'm on fire with getting people going well at the moment, got rid of Bell and Siddle from my fantasy side just before the 1st test, Bell 100 and Siddle 5fer, flicked Clarke before he got his 187 and got rid of Broad before this game who has the 1st 3 !

Can you please quickly flick Rogers & Smith out of your team during lunch kiwi?

lol^

Rogers reaches maiden test hundred!

Surely the khawaja experiment has ended?

globaleagle said:
lol^

Rogers reaches maiden test hundred!

Surely the khawaja experiment has ended?

Haha. Good work. Thanks KE. I new deep down that you are really going for us Aussies. ;-)

Thought Smith looked the best of out top 5 before lunch but the break didn't do his concentration any good and that does seem to be his issue (Watsons as well).

Broad bowled the best spell of bowling all series i thought (after he adjusted his length). That would have been extremely hard to play against.

Hopefully we can bat well tonight and put on a good lead.

Clint said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Game setting itself up nicely with Australia 52/3 at the mo

I'm on fire with getting people going well at the moment, got rid of Bell and Siddle from my fantasy side just before the 1st test, Bell 100 and Siddle 5fer, flicked Clarke before he got his 187 and got rid of Broad before this game who has the 1st 3 !

Can you please quickly flick Rogers & Smith out of your team during lunch kiwi?

Lol Smith would never get near my side :p

Set up beautifully now in this game, the Poms side can fight so interesting to see which way it goes

They really cocked up the day today though, dropping Watson on 5 and Rogers 49 really let Australia off the hook, great test match batting from the pair of them after that as well

As much as I try i still can't see anything to warrant the hype around Khawaja

And the game changes a touch again ! Haddin and Rogers gone before the lead is taken, can the tail get up to 30-40 lead ?

I'm certainly no expert in this area KE, but does the wicket appear a bit slow? Just appears as though the ball is holding up a little.

It certain isn't a lightning pitch but probably not too much different from the standard pommy pace, maybe a touch slower

Looks like 1 of those decks that is hard to get in and score quickly on, ball always doing just enough if banged in

We let a good opportunity to get a 100+ lead slip away there. Can't believe that last LBW decision had to go to review.

There seems a little bit of seam in this deck which hopefully Bird and Harris can expolit with the new pill. A couple of ealry ones here would be great.

I thought Harris had hit that live so maybe the ump did as well, only possible situation

I think on this deck Siddle is your man but if he gets left until 18-20 overs again then the batsmen may be set by the time he runs in

Harris was walking, he knew it was pretty adjacent. Maybe there was two noises, a foot drag or something. Did Hill give Lyon as well ?? because no way that looked out live, always looked like it was sliding.

Nice ball from Rhino to get rid of Root. Siddle will get a roll soon from Birds end, and you are probably right he might too something because he does hit the deck with a bit of effort.

Bell again.

So far he is the biggest difference between the 2 sides. Still can remember how poor he used to be when he was in his younger years now he is a very good bat. At least the poms stuck with him rather than dropping him 10 times before he was 30 like the Aussie selectors do because we have to be #1 in all forms all the time.

The Shermanator has had a huge series, 6400 runs @ 47 with 20 tons is a serious player !

Probably out of your reach if you don't mop them up within that 1st session today I think. Has been a good test match though and won't be surprised to see a few more twists in it yet

And Ryan Harris provides the twist !!

Broad and Swann can be dangerous players and would want to eek out 60 or so with Bresnan or it's Australia's game

What an hours cricket so far !!

This period of stroke play from Bresnan is changing this test heavily into England's favour, 30 more mins of it and it's probably game set and match

I was hoping for a 240 chase. That would have been about a 50/50 imo. These last two wickets have been very very costly thus far & there's nothing to indicate it's about to slow.

Good bowling followed by crap bowling. Poor balls are poor balls no matter who you bowl it to.

Should have kept it tight and let the ball do the work and been chasing 250.

Bird looks a bit like he is going to be a nuffy bowler unless the conditions are in his favour with a bit of swing, I did like the look of him last summer though so maybe 1st Ashes nerves

Will be an interesting chase, Rogers and Clarke probably the key with the ability to play a long innings and anchor the chase. Warner is the wildcard, a quick knock from him will put the ****s up England if he gets going for any period of time

Well bowled Rhino. Great stuff. Hope he gets 8.

What this last stand by the poms does show is that runs can be scored with a bit of positive intent. All of a sudden the deck looks pretty good.

There you go. Less than 300 to win. Easy.............

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10