Assist coach 2024 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not going to happen but would love Toovey to get the gig.

Otherwise someone from the golden era 10 years ago, maybe Killer.
It should happen and it should make a big Moral boost to the Manly club
Geoff Toovey is the Passionate Manly Spirit that unites Manly souls
We need the Geoff Toovey spirit Activated in our coaching ranks

The coaching box without a real Manly man looks UnManned
Seibold and Flanagan look like emotionless Dormant sitting Ducks in the coaching box

The Manly Maroon spirited and Passionate DNA
The Legendary Manly Geoff Toovey
58 Best NRL Memes ideas | nrl memes, nrl, memes

Agree not every player can coach but assistant coaches are tasked with implementing the strategies that the head coach develops and player management…
They would have input as to what they think can benefit the team (structures, plays etc) but the head coach has the final say… the coaches are not all developing their own tactics (defence, attack, combinations etc) in isolation…
That is my understanding anyways and that is why I reckon a bloke like Menzies who is a superstar player with no ego would be great in the role…

Having said that… I believe the Stewart boys (who both fit that same mould) are both working with the team at the moment and look where that has got us…
100%. They have final say but it’s quite a collaborative environment and coaches lean on assistants for advice. I imagine the more experienced and knowledgeable assistant coaches will be more beneficial than a past player using only their playing career from many years ago as a resource.

The likes of Menzies and Lyon could indeed be good future prospects but they should probably run the water or just get involved in skills specialty based stuff (like Snake has) before being the 2nd in charge

I sure we will get someone to replace Flanagan and it will be someone with previous head coaching experiences.
A couple have mentioned Holbrook, I guess that's possible too. It's gotta be hard for a coach to drop back so soon to an assistant role though.

Agree not every player can coach but assistant coaches are tasked with implementing the strategies that the head coach develops and player management…
They would have input as to what they think can benefit the team (structures, plays etc) but the head coach has the final say… the coaches are not all developing their own tactics (defence, attack, combinations etc) in isolation…
That is my understanding anyways and that is why I reckon a bloke like Menzies who is a superstar player with no ego would be great in the role…

Having said that… I believe the Stewart boys (who both fit that same mould) are both working with the team at the moment and look where that has got us…
I don't believe Glenn is working with the team and it's only Brett.

Although apparently Glenn has a very sharp footy mind so wouldn't mind him getting involved!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8