Attack in Red Zone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
and
What attack……its Putrid, clueless, unstructured, rubbish, we have no energy, our ball movement is predictable, pedestrian, we even lack any sort of creativity, hell we can’t even get the basics right, somewhat like our coaching staff, can‘t see us turning things around anytime soon sadly, another sad ending to another sad season.
you only mentioned the good points ......

Having Schuster in the team is like playing with 12 players !
His work rate yesterday was absolutely terrible and frankly he looks lost, scared, totally devoid of what is going on around him and what HIS role is in the team.
Also he looks like he is still carrying an injury , his mobility and lateral movement terrible versus a quick Cowboys team ,so maybe time to give the guy a break to work on all the above.
Agree. Even though he’s already had 2 breaks this year 🙄. I don’t know where things go with him TBH. One things for certain He’s not working as 5/8th.

We are disorganised but we give the opposition so much time to get set due to our inability to win the ruck.

Remind me how many times we look threatening off a quick play the ball? 2, maybe 3? The cows had at least one per ruck

I have no idea about what the right solution might be however it is clear that our current approach to our forwards means that we are either winning or not in at all where the top teams are far more consistent

We are disorganised but we give the opposition so much time to get set due to our inability to win the ruck.

Remind me how many times we look threatening off a quick play the ball? 2, maybe 3? The cows had at least one per ruck

I have no idea about what the right solution might be however it is clear that our current approach to our forwards means that we are either winning or not in at all where the top teams are far more consistent
I love Lachlan but some dynamic player out of dummy half who gets us going forward when players are tired would help
Lachlan can't do it all.

We have a vast array of problems. Biggest one is a completely out of whack roster.

We have an aging halfback, a fullback that’s off the field more often than not, a 5/8th that’s clearly not a 6(and on 800k, wtf), and a hooker who tries his guts out but just doesn’t stand up to the top line hookers. While our Roster is unbalanced we will constantly be playing moneyball with plodders, journeyman and youth ( who may or may not be up to it). Nothing will change if we don’t have a roster overhaul from the ground up. Constantly be between 8th and 13th. Maybe with the odd year we finish a touch higher( 2021). But never really contending..

Looked terrible
No runners in numbers and 1 out desperate crap
Looked confused and disoriented, rather then a side looking for a try....
Love my Seaeagles but the cohesion is like 40% at best leading to a pathetic last tackle
DCE is not the blame like many pretend, as he leads Qld win after win but needs a few others to "stand up" sometimes also.....who wants to Win !!!
Because at Origin... he's always had quality players running the show.. he did the basics and kicked long well... he never runs the matches. He's a big reason why we lack structure.. he's been too off the cuff.. this year he's been a bit better.. but the crabbing returned last night

We only made 5 more tackles and had an almost identical tackle efficiency rate to the Cowboys, but they ran for over 2000 metres, to our 1600. Week in, week out, our pack gets dominated. I wish we'd address this problem before resigning Schu on a big deal and a heap of outside backs and another half.

You'd have to think a spine with Tom T, DCE and a decent 9 would be enough. Latu Fainu could have handled 6 next year and we could have stacked the forwards with young and athletic types. Sure, it might take a couple of years but I just can't see how the same 9 and pack next year (with the addition of Lodge) is ever going to cut it. Youth and speed, not old cumbersome middles and a makeshift 9.

He might not want to do it, but I honestly think Latu Fainu would make a great 9, just like his brother. He is nuggety, quick, a runner, and creative.

We doing everything so deep, we have no players hitting the advantage line. The cowboys had players running hard and over the advantage line and we couldn’t keep up. Where as we played so deep had players taking hit ups receiving the ball 5 meters behind the play the ball the cowboys had so much time to read our attack

If they played for another hour they still would not have scored Cowboys deserve to be in the top eight and we don't after losing to the Sharks and Titans at home the writing was on the wall and we will be stuck here for years if we going to pretend when Turbo comes back oh well could be worse I could be a Tigers supporter.
Don't forget we still have to play them.

We only made 5 more tackles and had an almost identical tackle efficiency rate to the Cowboys, but they ran for over 2000 metres, to our 1600. Week in, week out, our pack gets dominated. I wish we'd address this problem before resigning Schu on a big deal and a heap of outside backs and another half.

You'd have to think a spine with Tom T, DCE and a decent 9 would be enough. Latu Fainu could have handled 6 next year and we could have stacked the forwards with young and athletic types. Sure, it might take a couple of years but I just can't see how the same 9 and pack next year (with the addition of Lodge) is ever going to cut it. Youth and speed, not old cumbersome middles and a makeshift 9.

He might not want to do it, but I honestly think Latu Fainu would make a great 9, just like his brother. He is nuggety, quick, a runner, and creative.
Absolutely spot on! If only you were in control of our recruitment Leonard.

I heard there was a fit young prop
To replace old Woods' defensive flops
But Siebold likes em old and Rolly Polly

Young Latu Fainu was keen to play six
But Spoony sure ain't down with this
He wants Brooks to play with Woodsy.

A speedy nine would help old Crokes
Until Moses calls to rope a dope
And another reject finds his way to Manly

(The Tigers and Dragons fans sing)
Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelluuuuuuujah.

We doing everything so deep, we have no players hitting the advantage line. The cowboys had players running hard and over the advantage line and we couldn’t keep up. Where as we played so deep had players taking hit ups receiving the ball 5 meters behind the play the ball the cowboys had so much time to read our attack
Every single bloody time. Why? It has been this way all year. Our players receive the ball flat footed 5-10 metres behind the ruck and get smashed by two or three defenders.

Thanks, I was going to comment on this.

Not sure what the cause is though. Possibly the Cows were so in sync that they end up putting a lot of pressure on Manly and as a result all our energy was gone into scrambling defence - which we actually did very well, Cows would have blown a lot of sides off the park yesterday.

That also affected us when we were in the 'red zone' later in the game, our systems (surely we have some!) didn't stand up under such fatigue and we looked quite disorganised at times.

Not sure what the cause is though. Possibly the Cows were so in sync that they end up putting a lot of pressure on Manly and as a result all our energy was gone into scrambling defence - which we actually did very well, Cows would have blown a lot of sides off the park yesterday.

That also affected us when we were in the 'red zone' later in the game, our systems (surely we have some!) didn't stand up under such fatigue and we looked quite disorganised at times.
We looked pretty disorganised most of the time in the red zone, we had a few repeat sets in the 2nd half and hardly looked like scoring with one out runs from forwards then relying on DCE to come up with something as the schu wasn't much help

I said it another thread that we have to be the worst attacking team in the opposition 10 metres. It's either always the same play going out the back to Schu and every team has woken up to that, a kick to Saab, or they just throw the ball around ad-lib. Does the attacking coach run different plays at training, or set moves? I watch other teams and most times,not always, but mostly when in the opposition 10 they throw everything at them and end up scoring. Our team just look lost and confused most times.

Absolutely spot on! If only you were in control of our recruitment Leonard.

I heard there was a fit young prop
To replace old Woods' defensive flops
But Siebold likes em old and Rolly Polly

Young Latu Fainu was keen to play six
But Spoony sure ain't down with this
He wants Brooks to play with Woodsy.

A speedy nine would help old Crokes
Until Moses calls to rope a dope
And another reject finds his way to Manly

(The Tigers and Dragons fans sing)
Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelluuuuuuujah.
Love the poem!

I agree but I still think it’s losing the ruck that’s the problem. To be effective attacking in the opposition red zone, you have to scramble their defence. Most teams score off attracting multiple defenders, win the ruck and run shape against a stretched and outnumbered defence. We cart it up one out (a settler), get held down, get up slowly and try and run shape against a set defence and it’s ineffective.

The other concerning aspect is that we only ever get into the opposition red zone off piggy back penalties. Teams get into our red zone by carting the ball 70m per set. Our forwards are trying hard but just aren’t up to it. Paseka is the only guy that can bend the line and get a decent play the ball.

Agree. Even though he’s already had 2 breaks this year 🙄. I don’t know where things go with him TBH. One things for certain He’s not working as 5/8th.
It's a big come down to what he was producing in 2021, maybe those leg/calf injuries are still lingering and hampering his game.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10