Attack in Red Zone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I said it another thread that we have to be the worst attacking team in the opposition 10 metres. It's either always the same play going out the back to Schu and every team has woken up to that, a kick to Saab, or they just throw the ball around ad-lib. Does the attacking coach run different plays at training, or set moves? I watch other teams and most times,not always, but mostly when in the opposition 10 they throw everything at them and end up scoring. Our team just look lost and confused most times.
And it really stands out now without Tommy in the side, Turbo just unlocks the backline with more options in attack.

Thanks, I was going to comment on this.

Not sure what the cause is though. Possibly the Cows were so in sync that they end up putting a lot of pressure on Manly and as a result all our energy was gone into scrambling defence - which we actually did very well, Cows would have blown a lot of sides off the park yesterday.

That also affected us when we were in the 'red zone' later in the game, our systems (surely we have some!) didn't stand up under such fatigue and we looked quite disorganised at times.
It's the same every week. Particularly when we are coming out of our own end, but Spoony can't seem to fix the issue.

Yep, exactly 💯. So why isn't our attack coach improvising and coming up with new attacking plays? We have the players and the skill and speed to do so, yet it's the same crap every week.

He is 100% focused on The Dragons, poaching players, and building another teams squad. I honestly hope Hunt gives him the middle finger.

What attack……its Putrid, clueless, unstructured, rubbish, we have no energy, our ball movement is predictable, pedestrian, we lack any sort of creativity, hell we can’t even get the basics right, somewhat like our coaching staff, can‘t see us turning things around anytime soon sadly, another sad ending to another sad season.
Other than that, do you have any negative points you would like to raise?

Hey Seibold,
We really need to make some experimental changes for rest of the season with finals footy now gone.
I would go with this team next week v Sharks -

Koula
Saab
Garrick
Parker
Tuipolatu
L Fainu
DCE
Jake
Schuster
Olakalatu
Paseka
GKCT
Lodge

Bench: Croker/Alioai/Keppie/Bullemor
18th man: Matterson

But it won’t happen !

Hey Seibold,
We really need to make some experimental changes for rest of the season with finals footy now gone.
I would go with this team next week v Sharks -

Koula
Saab
Garrick
Parker
Tuipolatu
L Fainu
DCE
Jake
Schuster
Olakalatu
Paseka
GKCT
Lodge

Bench: Croker/Alioai/Keppie/Bullemor
18th man: Matterson

But it won’t happen !
I like the sentiment but I don't think there would be much benefit in playing guys who are unlikely to be in the 2024 squad. Latu is as good as gone. It seems like we might not be able to keep keppie either. I'd like to see how froggy and gckt go at job sharing.

If you need to look at our problems just think back to when Turbo was fit and was hitting the ball up on almost every 4th tackle - he was our best bet of a quick play the ball

We are going no where consistently without an improved pack.

Attack starts in the middle,we are very pedestrian in the middle part of the field, one out no pressure on the defence , Cowboys showed how you do it they ripped through our middle .Shu or Chez didn't have good games but I don't think that's our major problem, getting dominated in the middle in attack and defence is
when your attacking style is to pass from dummy half backwards 5 or more meters to players who are sometimes flat footed for a hit up then i think we should re-name from attack to just passing time until dce kicks it

when your attacking style is to pass from dummy half backwards 5 or more meters to players who are sometimes flat footed for a hit up then i think we should re-name from attack to just passing time until dce kicks it
More speed and mobility through the middle would do wonders for our outside back's

It's hard to believe that one player can have such an effect on a team. Tommy is our attacking mystrow and without him Schuster is rendered ineffective as a 5/8 if Tommys not getting the ball he's running decoys and asking questions in the oppositions defense line just with his presence. We have nothing in attack without Tom I'm sorry to say.
‘mystrow’!! I love it.
@Dan, can we have a mystrow emoji that sits next to the Ironstine?!

The last 2 big wins we've had against the Raiders and Phins, Tom was playing and just hitting top form, since he's been out we've scrambled a 2pt win against the chucks who are going worst than us atm.

receiving the ball from the dummy half at speed, at the advantage line would help also.
Would like to have Gordon on the bench, Croker is all guts and effort and a break would help his game as well ,more energy in attack, Jake the same moves into the prop rotation give him a rest ,
8 Paseka
9 Croker
10 Keppie/Alioa
11 Oka
12 Samuel/Tuilagi
13 Jake moves to prop after 20
14 Gordon
15 Matterson / Samuel goes to 13
16 Alioa/ Lodge
17 Bully/ Toff

Looked terrible
No runners in numbers and 1 out desperate crap
Looked confused and disoriented, rather then a side looking for a try....
Love my Seaeagles but the cohesion is like 40% at best leading to a pathetic last tackle
DCE is not the blame like many pretend, as he leads Qld win after win but needs a few others to "stand up" sometimes also.....who wants to Win !!!
What the hell do these guys do at training! How hard is it to chase a ball, I only saw a couple of kick chase. No one seems to know next play in attack, just painful 😖

We looked heavy legged from about the 20 min mark and whilst we were gritty in defence and I'll give them some credit for that, our inability to generate line speed in defence or make yards in attack is very noticeable. We are a slow methodical forward pack and our attack ( as has been said ad nauseum over past few years ) lacks shape or option runners far too often.

Thats just us as a footy team and has been for some years now. About a 50/50 sort of team who just misses the 8 unless Tommy has a great year.

What the hell do these guys do at training! How hard is it to chase a ball, I only saw a couple of kick chase. No one seems to know next play in attack, just painful 😖
Lack runners simply pushing into space, no zest from dummy half and the play balls are often lethargic allowing the defensive lines to reset....then the kicks seem rushed and confused including the chase.
I mean Saab is 9 foot tall and wins "ALmost Every" jump, so if we can drop in a half decenyt cross field kick, likely to score or at least challenge EVERY time.

Its looking like Seibold is not the answer. Maybe one day Penn will surprise us and get it right.

The thing to me with with the comments about ruck speed.....we never seem to fight to get up. We just allow the opposition to dominate us.

Even if you keep showing the effort to get up....that's when the opposition looks like they are slowing down the ruck and you get penalties. So I can't blame the refs for not giving us penalties for slow ruck speed, when we don't fight to get up.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11