Barrett slams auckland nines

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It is ludicrous that when players go down, there's not an ability to replace them for the next game. Even more so in nines. Sure, there might be restrictions so you can't bring a fresh team of first graders into a final. Or not. The swimmers do that in Olympic relays, and it works.

This, plus the failure to charge the head high tackle which broke Jamie's jaw, or the knee to the head which put out Jake shows the weakness of the current NRL management in managing player welfare.

Greenberg should not get anywhere near the CEO position. He's a chook without a head.
Yeah agree, Greenturd is all tip and no iceberg.

The Nines are an example of who really won the Super League war. Which competition had the Sevens and which had the Nines?

And the siren fiasco at the end of our final pool game against the Dogs.....didn't Greenturd say after what happened at Brookie in late 2014 that it would never happen at a major stadium? Or is Eden Park just some suburban ground in Auckland?

I can understand the point Teflon Todd is making (that there is an inherit disadvantage to other clubs if Manly were allowed to bring in another player). What I can not understand is his lack of forward thinking that this situation presented i.e. there should be a couple of replacement players allowed for the comp next year if player are ruled out as a result of foul play etc
Wonder how Greenberg would have reacted if it was the Bulldogs that were coping the injuries and unable to field a full team/give players a break..

It seems the RLPA are on Barrett's side over the NRL not allowing Manly to use Dylan Kelly.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...equest-at-auckland-nines-20160208-gmolce.html

Ok, it's good that they spoke out for sure, but how about they try to be proactive for once and not reactive?

At the moment, if the rlpa was a tiger and you got mauled by it....all you'd end up with is a nice tingly massage.

(Though I do understand that the players have no real 'union' that they have to belong to like other professional sports - so the rlpa power is somewhat limited.)

Ok, it's good that they spoke out for sure, but how about they try to be proactive for once and not reactive?
The article suggests the rlpa asked that Dylan Kelly be allowed to replace Jorge. So to that extent it seems they were proactive. As to whether they have any power though ... about as much as any team that Todd doesn't favour?

I meant more proactive insofar that when seeing the rules, they should have said...nope....injured players should be able to be replaced regardless of the "19 player limit."

That said (typed) I think teams should have made that stipulation also but maybe the nrl and teams are thinking about costs of flying players over, etc, whereas the rlpa would probably have player welfare higher on their list.

I get what you're saying though, and it's nice to see the media reporting on something the rlpa said...as often we hear nothing from the rlpa....but I know they aren't always silent, just silenced by lack of media reporting.

rlpa - just to type that one more time!

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Bad managers are like people with advanced dementia. They're likely to say no to any change. It's not their fault. They're just out of their depth in responding to changes, complexity and ambiguity.

The last thing I'd have expected Todd to do would be to respond resourcefully.

The Nines are an example of who really won the Super League war. Which competition had the Sevens and which had the Nines?

And the siren fiasco at the end of our final pool game against the Dogs.....didn't Greenturd say after what happened at Brookie in late 2014 that it would never happen at a major stadium? Or is Eden Park just some suburban ground in Auckland?

I'm still waiting for Greenberg to come out and say how embarrassing and disgraceful that was. His comments were very cutting when it happened earlier at Brookie

Well here we are.. new coach

Will be Interesting to see - if we lose a few more players - will the club will come out in support of the coach or back stab him like they did with the last one.
Yes. I bet Trentys getting a wee bit nervous too. Had enough players to fill a 737, dwindling fast before the season proper. I wonder if Tooves is already prank calling him in Zorbas voice....trenty! trenty! I'm coming with my knife!

The article suggests the rlpa asked that Dylan Kelly be allowed to replace Jorge. So to that extent it seems they were proactive. As to whether they have any power though ... about as much as any team that Todd doesn't favour?

And Greenburg is favoured to lead the League. Heaven help us. Impartiality will be out the window.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6