Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Have a look at the reply of nrl360. It shows different camera angle and the point where Jake gets to Hastings first. It is obvious, that is why 360 put it on.
Jake got to Hastings first because he was the closest to him when he scored the try . The camera angle clearly shows that .

XV-1

First Grader
Jake got to Hastings first because he was the closest to him when he scored the try . The camera angle clearly shows that .

Correct. But he brushes Hastings and does not congratulate him, let alone look at him.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I think there is more to this mate i hope not but there could be . What i did find unusual was when the players went into the sheds at halftime for a roasting, Mathew wright put his head phones straight on . Is that showing no respect for the coach. ? Has Barrett lost the dressing room?.
Well , Trent's half time spray didn't change the way the boys played
Who knows ?

Brooke

Bencher
This story is such a black eye for our club, to have players fighting is so bloody pointless!!! Where in the hell is the leadership in our club? Why are the coaching staff not dealing with this crap? The last thing we need is dirty laundry like this, come on Manly, its time to act like a team and be professional!!!
I am sure they have given him plenty of chances to be professional and not fight with teammates. He clearly can't help himself so it's hit the road Jack.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
I never saw any team harmony issues when Hastings came on off the bench and played well for our team .
Penrith had the luxury of depth in those positions to make change and we don't . One thing for sure is that we wont be flying like Penrith are without an affective 5/8
No?????

We lost most of those games no?

Brooke

Bencher
No matter how bad his attitude or behaviour is, to wake up and read that your team mates despise you to the point that they refuse to play alongside you has to be absolutely gut wrenching.

I really feel for the bloke, and hope he has a strong group of loving family and friends to support him through this. Whoever leaked this deserves an uppercut, should have been handled behind closed doors.
If he has a Personality Disorder as it would seem likely be the case, he will for the most part cope, by blaming everyone else. People with PD 's are notoriously hard to deal with. They usually do not have the insight to admit they need help nor will they accept it.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
No?????

We lost most of those games no?
We did lose most games so what are you trying to say ?
Hastings dropped the ball and missed the tackles that led to tries ?
From what I saw when Hasting came on he added to the team .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
If he has a Personality Disorder as it would seem likely be the case, he will for the most part cope, by blaming everyone else. People with PD 's are notoriously hard to deal with. They usually do not have the insight to admit they need help nor will they accept it.
If he does have PD then why would they let him play with Blacktown ?

Brooke

Bencher
If he does have PD then why would they let him play with Blacktown ?
The club probably feel they may as well get something out of him until they can offload him completely.
He may go ok at Blacktown for a while until he can be moved onto his next team.
PD's normally don't last too long in one job and it is the same with their relationships. They can be very charming and charismatic when you first meet them, but it normally doesn't take long for the cracks to start to emerge.

Brooke

Bencher
If the guy has PD he needs treatment . Our club has a duty of care
People with PD are usually their own worst enemy and won't admit they need help or accept it. It has been reported the club has offered him counselling.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The club probably feel they may as well get something out of him until they can offload him completely.
He may go ok at Blacktown for a while until he can be moved onto his next team.
PD's normally don't last too long in one job and it is the same with their relationships. They can be very charming and charismatic when you first meet them, but it normally doesn't take long for the cracks to start to emerge.
I don't think any team will have him until he gets treatment and fixes himself up . I would not let a player that has issues play with Blacktown .

lurker

Beaver lover
If the guy has PD he needs treatment . Our club has a duty of care
Hang on a second before this snowballs. One armchair psychologist in this forum suggested he has a pd based off scant evidence and no face to face contact. I think what is prob more likely is as Kent said on 360 today he has some pretty terrible people in his corner pumping his tyres up and telling him everyone else is the problem.

Also countless people live with pd problems and live normal functioning lives. It doesn’t make them a psycho. Seems like he has some anger issues.

One last thing. I find it really ironic people saying he needs a clip and to be pulled into line. Or that there’s no leadership etc etc. seems to me that these scuffles were prob to try to pull him into line. Even chez trying to minimize it seems a bit like a desire to keep it in house and do the right thing.

It strikes me that no matter what cherry does people in this forum pan him. If he clips him he’s causing problems. If he doesn’t clip him he doesn’t know how to lead. This forum is bipolar and the wind can cause a complete mood swing lol

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
People with PD are usually their own worst enemy and won't admit they need help or accept it. It has been reported the club has offered him counselling.
That sounds like a breach of contact conditions .

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Hang on a second before this snowballs. One armchair psychologist in this forum suggested he has a pd based off scant evidence and no face to face contact. I think what is prob more likely is as Kent said on 360 today he has some pretty terrible people in his corner pumping his tyres up and telling him everyone else is the problem.

Also countless people live with pd problems and live normal functioning lives. It doesn’t make them a psycho. Seems like he has some anger issues.

One last thing. I find it really ironic people saying he needs a clip and to be pulled into line. Or that there’s no leadership etc etc. seems to me that these scuffles were prob to try to pull him into line. Even chez trying to minimize it seems a bit like a desire to keep it in house and do the right thing.

It strikes me that no matter what cherry does people in this forum pan him. If he clips him he’s causing problems. If he doesn’t clip him he doesn’t know how to lead. This forum is bipolar and the wind can cause a complete mood swing lol
This is all speculation . In time we may know all the facts

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16