Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters

Bencher
I'm happy for Hasting to be playing the 7 in Blacktown. They can certainly use his talent, especially while we are paying his arse.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hang on a second before this snowballs. One armchair psychologist in this forum suggested he has a pd based off scant evidence and no face to face contact. I think what is prob more likely is as Kent said on 360 today he has some pretty terrible people in his corner pumping his tyres up and telling him everyone else is the problem.

Also countless people live with pd problems and live normal functioning lives. It doesn’t make them a psycho. Seems like he has some anger issues.

One last thing. I find it really ironic people saying he needs a clip and to be pulled into line. Or that there’s no leadership etc etc. seems to me that these scuffles were prob to try to pull him into line. Even chez trying to minimize it seems a bit like a desire to keep it in house and do the right thing.

It strikes me that no matter what cherry does people in this forum pan him. If he clips him he’s causing problems. If he doesn’t clip him he doesn’t know how to lead. This forum is bipolar and the wind can cause a complete mood swing lol
What we do know is he's punched on with DCE. From everything that I've seen and heard coming from DCE over the years, I reckon you'd have to be a bit of a c@nt to get into a blue with him.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
Never say never...

I can see it now. DCE and Hastings playing harmoniously in the halves. Tooves and Des as co-coaches. Uate catching a bomb. The Roosters releasing a player they actually want to keep because of salary cap pressure. Craig Bellamy playing in the spirit of the game. The Footy Show winning the ratings. Peter Beattie saying something intelligent. Greenberg giving Manly a fair go.

Ok, that last one was too much. I guess sometimes you can say never.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Yes, well, that's not going to happen......

Unfortunately because it means we are stuck playing our next best option (Croker) who's level is NSW Cup at best.

Never say never...

In this case I think its a fait accompli. Jackson Hastings, unless we have an injury crisis and literally we have no other choice, has played his last first grade game for the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles.

Its not only bad for Hastings, but its bad for the team because as a club we only have two first grade quality halves, and Croker isn't one of them.

Last edited:

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
“I remember talking to guys at the Roosters,” Kent said.

He was in front of the mirror one day at the Roosters and he was flexing in his little green Speedos and he had his green mouthguard in and he announced to the dressing room he was going to be the next Conor McGregor.

“Now this is at the start of 2016 when the Roosters were 1-6 at the time.
I can't help feeling I've seen that pic on this forum somewhere... :think::giggle:

Kevinward777

First Grader
Umm no my point is having a player that creates disharmony effects team performance

I believe keeping him is detriment to the loyal paying fans, sponsors and most importantly our on field performance

IMO we win more games this season with Hastings away from the squad than we do with him in it.....17 players working as a team, rowing in the same direction
Yeah... it worked a treat last weekend.

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16