Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
@American Eagle if you think this is because Hastings isn't good enough, I think you're well off the mark.

There is a lot more to this than that. Fact is that Hastings is the only other first grade quality half we have outside of DCE, and was even when Barrett picked Croker instead. I don't know Barrett's reasons for never giving him a run in the Manly halves, but they have nothing to do with any lack of ability on Jackson's part.

For better or worse, what is happening is what we have to deal with. I personally can only hope that the rumours that have started up again on Todd Carney actually have merit because I can't see Manly being competitive with Dylan Walker at 5/8. Been there, failed that.

@American Eagle if you think this is because Hastings isn't good enough, I think you're well off the mark.

There is a lot more to this than that. Fact is that Hastings is the only other first grade quality half we have outside of DCE, and was even when Barrett picked Croker instead. I don't know Barrett's reasons for never giving him a run in the Manly halves, but they have nothing to do with any lack of ability on Jackson's part.

For better or worse, what is happening is what we have to deal with. I personally can only hope that the rumours that have started up again on Todd Carney actually have merit because I can't see Manly being competitive with Dylan Walker at 5/8. Been there, failed that.
The bubbler would be a god send right now! I really hope this comes to fruition

It's clear the media have decided to take Hastings side as it serves the Manly bashing agenda better.
Why not, he's a fringe player, never going to make much of an impact. They rather go after and disrupt the team's best player and create stories about a failing "team culture".

It's sad so many "fans" on this forum have bought into it and are screaming for Hastings to play.
Fact check everyone, he wasn't good enough to be selected by Baz prior to the latest incident, and I can't imaging he's suddenly improved dramatically.

The fans should get behind Baz's decision, accept the kid's a bad egg and burn this f***ing thread.
Is that you Ted Turner? He raced the converted 12 metre class yacht (Eagle) in the 1971 Sydney to Hobart.

Its new name? American Eagle.

I can't believe how much media attention Hastings is getting for a reserve grader. Mates at work who follow different teams are asking me who he is? I've watched a few games of his in Reggies and honesty he hasn't done anything! It's not like we are leaving Michael Morgan or widdop out of First grade, Hastings is a nobody, who stinks up the place. We are fu#ked until we find a decent long term halves partner that can organise and kick

Sounds like Jake isn't much of a fan of Cletus, this from the Moses Suli article in the SMH

The latest development came with the Sea Eagles already struggling to field a team and still reeling from the Hastings saga. Hastings was nowhere to be found at Manly training on Tuesday, and senior Sea Eagle Jake Trbojevic was straight to the point when he said: "He's unlikely to play."

Trbojevic backed the stance taken by coach Trent Barrett, who banished Hastings to the Intrust Super Premiership following a clash with captain Cherry-Evans on an away trip to Gladstone last month.

"(Hastings) has got a few mates in the squad, I guess, who he hangs out with, which he always has. I'm not too sure,'' Trbojevic said.

"He's been training out at Blacktown and playing for them. He wasn't at training today. It's not my decision, but I'd say he's unlikely [to play Sunday].

"We're all professionals and we'll play alongside anyone. Obviously it's the coach's decision. We've always backed 'Baz' and always will. He's a great man.

"He's made some decisions lately that I fully support. He's doing a great job for us and he's the right man to lead us out of this.''

Well that's the conspiracy theorist's wet dream isn't it, that Baz wasn't picking him for other reasons than his football ability. But I just don't buy it.
Second year coach, in deep sh*t at 6, and he isn't going to start the year with his best team/formation?
And after it became clear early that Croker was sh*t, and Baz was under pressure, and he still didn't pick him.

I'm sure he sees Hastings train and isn't going to sacrifice the chance to win for some other obscure reason.

I see it different to others, Hastings has f***ed himself and the club is being f***ed because of it.
Best thing is if Hastings wanders off to obscurity, we eventually rid ourselves of him and just move on.
I really don't want to see him in the team again.

p.s. fingers crossed on Carney too
Third year coach....

I am absolutely astonished how so many of us have backed Hastings against the clubs judgement, with those and others claiming he is a FG half.and is talented.

Are some of us on the same delusional path as Jacko himself or is it because he is actually sociopathic but is attentive to fans and the media because he knows it helps his cause and it fools you? There are many people in the world like this. He puts it on for the media but didn't show for his counselling sessions. He is not TRYING to make it work because he either thinks he is not the problem or doesn't WANT to do what it would take for him to fit in.

He is a reggies wannabe that thinks his sh*t don't stink and has absolutely no basis for his self-belief. He has been unable to cut a FG spot IN ANY POSITION for 3 clubs over 5 seasons. I have not seen anything more than that level consistently.

Nobody here knows what he has done that is so heinous to warrant his ostracism but I will back the club in that it is enough. Probably more than enough due to media and NRL scrutiny.

We tried to offload him last year and again this year and no club will take him...and I would guess they even offered him for FREE.

Back our coach and our club on this...they KNOW what has been going on and are doing what needs to be done. We don't KNOW anything and FAR too many believe the madia bullsh*t.

There is ZERO chance Hastings is being hardly done by.

He needs to be gone ASAP to take away THIS VERSION of the media crap so we can move on from a mistake signing.

Get behind your club...not some misfit (probably worse).and the pathetic media.

Last edited:
Easier said than done when we could be vying for the wooden spoon this season.

I am absolutely astonished how so many of us have backed Hastings against the clubs judgement, with those and others claiming he is a FG half.and is talented.

Are some of us on the same delusional path as Jacko himself or is it because he is actually sociopathic but is attentive to fans and the media because he knows it helps his cause and it fools you? There are many people in the world like this. He puts it on for the media but didn't show for his counselling sessions. He is not TRYING to make it work because he either thinks he is not the problem or doesn't WANT to do what it would take for him to fit in.

He is a reggies wannabe that thinks his sh*t don't stink and has absolutely no basis for his self-belief. He has been unable to cut a FG spot IN ANY POSITION for 3 clubs over 5 seasons. I have not seen anything more than that level consistently.

Nobody here knows what he has done that is so heinous to warrant his ostracism but I will back the club in that it is enough. Probably more than enough due to media and NRL scrutiny.

We tried to offload him last year and again this year and no club will take him...and I would guess they even offered him for FREE.

Back our coach and our club on this...they KNOW what has been going on and are doing what needs to be done. We don't KNOW anything and FAR too many believe the madia bullsh*t.

There is ZERO chance Hastings is being hardly done by.

He needs to be gone ASAP to take away THIS VERSION of the media crap so we can move on from a mistake signing.

Get behind your club...not some misfit (probably worse).and the pathetic media.

I can't believe how much media attention Hastings is getting for a reserve grader. Mates at work who follow different teams are asking me who he is? I've watched a few games of his in Reggies and honesty he hasn't done anything! It's not like we are leaving Michael Morgan or widdop out of First grade, Hastings is a nobody, who stinks up the place. We are fu#ked until we find a decent long term halves partner that can organise and kick
Simon.........i'm in a dilemma over Hastings. I tend to agree that he's not going to get the team out of the s%&t, however he certainly is a better 5/8 than Croker & Walker! His selection policy is that of someone who doesn't know what to do. He weakens our Center position & puts Walker at 5/8 after it was evident to everyone in 2016 that he wasn't a 5/8. He brings in Suli (which i'm not complaining about) yet won't give Tom Wright a chance to show what he's got at 5/8?? Many say his defense is suspect....well can't be any worse than what Blake Green's was! He is much younger, extremely quick, has a good kicking game, makes a lot of line breaks & can organize! None of us really know what Barrett's agenda against Hastings is but I can see many of our young stars leaving this club to find opportunity elsewhere. Tom Wright, Manase Fainu to name a few. These guys will end up biting our butts & Barrett can take full responsibility.

Sounds like Jake isn't much of a fan of Cletus, this from the Moses Suli article in the SMH

The latest development came with the Sea Eagles already struggling to field a team and still reeling from the Hastings saga. Hastings was nowhere to be found at Manly training on Tuesday, and senior Sea Eagle Jake Trbojevic was straight to the point when he said: "He's unlikely to play."

Trbojevic backed the stance taken by coach Trent Barrett, who banished Hastings to the Intrust Super Premiership following a clash with captain Cherry-Evans on an away trip to Gladstone last month.

"(Hastings) has got a few mates in the squad, I guess, who he hangs out with, which he always has. I'm not too sure,'' Trbojevic said.

"He's been training out at Blacktown and playing for them. He wasn't at training today. It's not my decision, but I'd say he's unlikely [to play Sunday].

"We're all professionals and we'll play alongside anyone. Obviously it's the coach's decision. We've always backed 'Baz' and always will. He's a great man.

"He's made some decisions lately that I fully support. He's doing a great job for us and he's the right man to lead us out of this.''
Jake would be better off concentrating on his own game & getting back to the form he showed last season instead of getting involved in club politics! If Hastings selection is not warranted because he's not considered a 1st grader then on current form Jake isn't either to be honest! Too much talking & complaining instead of leading! Sorry for being so harsh but these constant referrals to Hastings sound like excuses for the clubs predicament!

"We're all professionals and we'll play alongside anyone. c

Famous last words .
"We're all professionals and we'll play alongside anyone"

Last time I saw Hasting play along side Jake he was coming off the bench where he made an impact scoring a try .

jake-surgery.jpg

Last edited:
Simon.........i'm in a dilemma over Hastings. I tend to agree that he's not going to get the team out of the s%&t, however he certainly is a better 5/8 than Croker & Walker! His selection policy is that of someone who doesn't know what to do. He weakens our Center position & puts Walker at 5/8 after it was evident to everyone in 2016 that he wasn't a 5/8. He brings in Suli (which i'm not complaining about) yet won't give Tom Wright a chance to show what he's got at 5/8?? Many say his defense is suspect....well can't be any worse than what Blake Green's was! He is much younger, extremely quick, has a good kicking game, makes a lot of line breaks & can organize! None of us really know what Barrett's agenda against Hastings is but I can see many of our young stars leaving this club to find opportunity elsewhere. Tom Wright, Manase Fainu to name a few. These guys will end up biting our butts & Barrett can take full responsibility.
Have to disagree, Think Tom Wright would struggle first up at 5/8 big time. Would leak a lot of points and miss tackles in that position. Would start him in the centres or wing.
Crocker is a better 5/8 than Hastings, especially long term. Hastings isn't going to be with us for building for the future, crocker is only very young and inexperienced but will turn into a better player than Hastings. Just needs more time, wasn't supposed to be playing first grade this year, which is why we were after Pearce.

The sooner we move Hastings on the better. Free up 350k. Sign Carney for the remainder of the season on minimum wage.

Have to disagree, Think Tom Wright would struggle first up at 5/8 big time. Would leak a lot of points and miss tackles in that position. Would start him in the centres or wing.
Crocker is a better 5/8 than Hastings, especially long term. Hastings isn't going to be with us for building for the future, crocker is only very young and inexperienced but will turn into a better player than Hastings. Just needs more time, wasn't supposed to be playing first grade this year, which is why we were after Pearce.

The sooner we move Hastings on the better. Free up 350k. Sign Carney for the remainder of the season on minimum wage.
"Crocker is a better 5/8 than Hastings, especially long term"
That's the beauty about this forum . We all have our view ;)

Manly would probably be able to recoup about half of Hastings contract amount [ Nov to Nov. player payment arrangement ] but apart from the E S L option , realistically probably no willing takers in the N R L . Really a shame with Croker suffering another set back and with his improved form last Friday night and maybe doubtful if Manly will resign him . Tom Wright "s general defence doesn 't seem too bad actually , his organizing ability now as a 5 / 8 in i st grade might be a bit more problematical though . As far as the better 5 / 8 option for Manly between Croker and Hastings, most likely we will never know now . .

You see Tom Wright Struggling "big time" at 5/8 without actually seeing him given the opportunity but you see Croker make a "big time" contribution to our team this year .
Thank you for your very interesting view feathered friend

Opened the paper this morning and read Paul Kent's article.
The only conclusion I can make is that if he was running a takeaway he'd be charged along with his colleagues, of rehashing 3 week old tucker and selling it to the public.
His rubbish today has no real point and certainly nothing fresh.

Opened the paper this morning and read Paul Kent's article.
The only conclusion I can make is that if he was running a takeaway he'd be charged along with his colleagues, of rehashing 3 week old tucker and selling it to the public.
His rubbish today has no real point and certainly nothing fresh.

Yep it was just a cr@p article about nothing at all.
You know last week on NRL360 he said "its over, 'Im sick of hearing about it, lets move on".....he is full of sh1t.

Not a nice comment from Hasting's grandfather on his mum's facebook site regarding Barrett and you wonder why Hastings is having trouble playing first grade. There is much more to this...

Not a nice comment from Hasting's grandfather on his mum's facebook site regarding Barrett and you wonder why Hastings is having trouble playing first grade. There is much more to this...

In further info around the content of that post mate?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8