Baz, it's time to leave Manly – and no, you don't deserve a cent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So says woodsie. And apparently he was doing all of this because he wants the best for the club and players and just wanted better facilities. I call bull****
Agree, he is either being badly advised or pretty selfish or maybe both

I can't believe Barrett would turn up tomorrow and put the players in an awkward position - he has always acted with their best interests at heart, hasn't he?
Yeah - Nah
He is acting in the best interest of himself!
Quite simple really, there has been no agreement between lawyers, Barrett hasn't turned up all week, if he continues not to turn up, he has effectively 'abandoned his employment' and would not be entitled to anything.
I still reckon **** the lawyers and get Max Krillich to fix the crapper so we can flush this turd once and for all.
Can Max give Scott Mates rates!

I can't believe Barrett would turn up tomorrow and put the players in an awkward position - he has always acted with their best interests at heart, hasn't he?
We can probably put the "he's doing it all for the players" line to one side now.
I think what many people, myself included, find grating is that - whatever his contract may or may not say - he expects to be paid for doing nothing. But other than what they obviously believe is the principle of the thing, I can't see why it's such a big deal to the Penns. They've effectively been paying Barrett to do nothing for the last three years. A few more months won't make much of a difference.

Agree .... however I remember a case being argued a few years back when an employee (in IT coincidentally) was put on garden leave for 18 months .... he successfully argued that a period that long out of the industry, loop, and professional network would have a considerable negative impact on his career and future employment prospects ..... the company ended up settling an out of court payout .....

I'm with you though ... being paid to play golf, surf and drink coffee would have satisfied my lazy arrse ....
Funny thing is, a large proportion of the population is paid to do just that, play golf, drink coffee , surf etc, it's called welfare

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8