Best team if all fit and available for round 4

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
For mine I would go

1.Turbo
2.Taufua
3.Walker
4.Kelly
5.Uate
6.Green
7.DCE
8.Lawrence
9.Api
10.Lussick
11.Taupau
12.Sironen
13.Jake

14.Hastings
15.Myles
16.AFB
17.Lane/Winterstein/Bainbridge

If Lussick isn't back then AFB starts and 2 of the last 3 make the bench

I'm a big Api supporter so biased BUT what he brought to the game on Saturday was infectious enthusiasm (along with BJ and as always Jake). We out enthused with our defence. That is a big fact. The rate he played he surely cannot play the whole season . That is the time to bring in Hastings/cullen.

If Lussick is out that is the exact team I would go with. Not fussed if Lane becomes Bainbridge.

The really interesting situation comes as I have said is if Lussick is in. If he sticks with only 2 props on the bench who goes to reggies??????

If 2 are on the bench then Taupau is playing back row and Fankenstein/Lane drops out, this is what I would do as well.

Cannot see Myles, BJ, Lussick, Taupau or AFB playing reggies this year.

Taupau is wasted in the back row, we need him in the middle of the field destroying the opposition's pack, particularly when taking on a side like the bulldogs
Out wide no one can hide when Taupau charges at them .
He can be destructive in the back row as well

Taupau is wasted in the back row, we need him in the middle of the field destroying the opposition's pack, particularly when taking on a side like the bulldogs

and if that is the case I expect we would play 3 on the bench.

Yeh i agree that he is still damaging out there, but games are won in the middle and i reckon a bloke of marty's size, strength, and aggression is much better utilized bashing and intimidating the big boys in the middle, helping set the platform for dce and our backline

Everybody thought that until we watched him do nothing for the first half of last year. Kapow as an 80mn 2nd rower was a failed experiment oly exceeded by Walker as 5/8. He was non-existent until moved back to Prop and rotated. Then he exploded 2nd half of the year.

If 2 are on the bench then Taupau is playing back row and Fankenstein/Lane drops out, this is what I would do as well.

Cannot see Myles, BJ, Lussick, Taupau or AFB playing reggies this year.

Putting Kapow in the back row means you are starting the game with 3 (4 if you include Jake) players that need to be interchanged.

In my opinion there is no way Baz is ever going to play Kapow in the 2nd row unless absolutely 100% necessary. He now has 4 backrowers capable of 80min efforts and he will use them

PS. Take kapow out of .... Myles, Bj, Kapow, Perrett, AFB Lussick and it goes from a top 4 front row rotation to a bottom 8 front row rotation.

I'm not a great fan of Api though I admire his enthusiasm and defensive efforts. But his performance on Saturday was top draw, as good as any hooker. Passing was accurate, made good yards from dummy half, was enthusiastic, and defence was good. I dont know who records yards gained by players but they have him running 65 odd metres. Crap. He did several runs of 15 metres each at one stage..someone is just guessing those figures. He had a top game and Hastings had a fine introduction as well.

Just on metres gained, again this time with Lane. He was on the field only 14 minutes and it was recorded he did 36 metres running. Yet only in one run, he did about 22-23 metres for the last try. So they are saying he only did about 14 metres for the rest of the time he was on the field...rubbish. Who does this counting?

Everybody thought that until we watched him do nothing for the first half of last year. Kapow as an 80mn 2nd rower was a failed experiment oly exceeded by Walker as 5/8. He was non-existent until moved back to Prop and rotated. Then he exploded 2nd half of the year.

Putting Kapow in the back row means you are starting the game with 3 (4 if you include Jake) players that need to be interchanged.

In my opinion there is no way Baz is ever going to play Kapow in the 2nd row unless absolutely 100% necessary. He now has 4 backrowers capable of 80min efforts and he will use them

85, 159, 150, 84, 68, 157, 145, 115, 110, for an average of 119m per game doing nothing or a failed experiment.

FMD that will do me.

I would be over the moon if Siro or Frankenstein or even Jake could put out those numbers

It's horses for courses. But I must say I wonder if there is a reason we handled 2 props out so well

Darcy, Lawrence, Myles, Jake, Kapow are props. At full strength The last two will play in the back row.

I'd be seriously considering Winterstein, Bainbridge, lane on the bench in front of AFB and Perrett.

We need speed ESP in the back rower like Lanes try last week sumed up, Not another slow prop.

One consistent thing that we are seeing with all these teams is NO BROWN, aside from that, I am quite happy that it is Barrett's, and not my, selection headache issue this week. It is going to be a very difficult task to break the news to whoever he chooses will miss the cut.
With Kapow and AFB coming back from suspension, and the way that the team played last outing, I may even be inclined to bring Lussick back through reggies to get some fitness.

Yup completely agree re Sironen... I'm fairly unimpressed with his underwhelming performances thus far. Workrate is poor - online defense he's a bit of an arm grabber ala Green and because he does no hard yards he leaves the field and his jersey still looks pristine. Just like to see him hitting the edges hard when we're attacking and providing some options. Needs to lift for mine or someone replaces him.
He needs to be sat down and made to watch Boyd Cortners running game.

Didn't he also run 21 times for 258m (27 tackles 4 offloads) the last time we played the doggies late in the year... he was playing backrow then too?
It was an impressive performance.

Im not fussed where he plays. As long as he's there. Think he's damaging either way.

I've heard him say that he lifts against the dogs. I hope he can lead by example on Saturday against the big dogs pack.

I think you are correct but I was keeping my reply in the context of the first half of a year. whilst you could argue he was more effective with a rest, just like Jake he was far from a failure in the back row.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10