Big Game Record

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Aren't you really using the fact Toovey has done an excellent job with this squad, to disparage his ability by saying he should have done better?

That argument sounds a tad circular to me.

This.

Masked Eagle said:
bones said:
MK Eagle said:
Missing some key factors here
Took over a club full of turmoil, conflict...basically a rabble.

Theres no doubt Hasler got some results but as I recall it, this took time to build. In fact I dont think he had near the success of Tooves in his 1st 2 seasons.

Unfair comparison. Hasler took over a basket case. Tooves took over the reigning premiers. HUGE difference to the roster Hasler inherited to the one Tooves did.

Are people potentially downplaying the role Tooves had in our rebuild as well? I know Des was the coach, but Tooves has always had a say in things. I remember Foran saying as much when Des left that Tooves already had been doing a lot work and he would pick things up really quickly.
Agreed.
Initially Haslers roster was average but quickly got some key players to change this & who knows without Tooves there abouts in this time frame, the results would have been as good in this period??
Also whilst Hasler had this super roster in 2009, 2010 there were many FLAT performances...looking back in 2013 every game including losses shows players bleeding for the Seaeagles emblem & most losses have still dominated the majority of these games.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Darren said:
Maguire seems like he will be the new supercoach of this era.
Not to say his team can't win this year, but Maguire seems like he will be the new supergrub win-at-all-costs Bellamy type coach to me. Robinson is the one who has been more impressive from what I've seen.

throw in Flanagan too SER8

Biscuits said:
Do you know what hasler had at his disposal that toovey doesn't? Hasler had an on-field general running the water and helping steer the players around the park. Maybe that was a big factor in haslers success at manly.

haha - love it @Biscuits

Ralphie said:
Masked Eagle said:
bones said:
MK Eagle said:

Theres no doubt Hasler got some results but as I recall it, this took time to build. In fact I dont think he had near the success of Tooves in his 1st 2 seasons.

Unfair comparison. Hasler took over a basket case. Tooves took over the reigning premiers. HUGE difference to the roster Hasler inherited to the one Tooves did.

Are people potentially downplaying the role Tooves had in our rebuild as well? I know Des was the coach, but Tooves has always had a say in things. I remember Foran saying as much when Des left that Tooves already had been doing a lot work and he would pick things up really quickly.

All the more reason why the success of the past should have continued with this roster.
You say that ralphie like you expected us to win the comp last year and again this year. Yet history tells us under the NRL era no team has gone back to back. Actually no team has done it 20 years. I think your expectations are unrealistic.

Ryan, love your different look at the footy and I do understand your frustration. Keep posting your thoughts as a balanced view is still required.

Even if we lose this week (which I don't see happening) I still think Tooves has done a great job.

The players he has brought in since taking over have pretty much all been class and we definitely have stars of the future with JT and Hiku.

Can't win them all every year, as long as we are competitive (and go better than the dogs) I'm happy.

CAMBO said:
Ralphie said:
Masked Eagle said:
bones said:
MK Eagle said:

All the more reason why the success of the past should have continued with this roster.
You say that ralphie like you expected us to win the comp last year and again this year. Yet history tells us under the NRL era no team has gone back to back. Actually no team has done it 20 years. I think your expectations are unrealistic.

Wrong, I don't expect us to win every year, but we have big game players who have shown in the past they know how to get the job done. All I'm identifying is that those players have only done that once since Toovey became coach, nothing more.

Please don't put words in my mouth.

People are entitled to their own opinion, but **** sakes be grateful for what we have (team we support) there other supporters out there who would wish their team had a record like us as in finals series/premierships won over the last 9 years.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Interesting that none of the big game critics have had anything to say in this topic as yet, sure it would have bumped up a lot quicker had we lost !!

Go and read the game day thread. I said it was a great win and I congratulated Tooves.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8