Big Vave

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'll be the first to admit that the big boy has surprised me. For the life of me I could not work out how TB would have Vave in the team from round 1 over both Starling and BJ.

So far he's making me happily eat my words.

I missed having a bench fatty in this team. My heart has been yearning for one since George Rose left, but now Vave has filled the hole in my heart.

Is it just me, or does Vave look a bit like Owen Craigie, after he ate all the pies?

;)

He's been going great guns though, he's the new generation Gorgeous George :)

Gorgeous George or Voluptuous Vave?

Anyone have his stats? Nrl ones didn't list him.

If Vave can consistently do what he did, He will be great value for money.

So I think it's time we gave him a Silvertails nickname. He has earned it. I am torn between just so many of for him.

Schnitzel
Schnitty
Mash
Truck
Tuck
boof
Nugget
Fast truck
Speedy (vave - though I like Snel too for the cross linguistic thing)
Trombone

images (2).jpg

giphy.gif

Vave is a poor mans alternative old school version of getting go forward in the modern game, throw more weight behind it son that will move you forward.

You need to the right balance of leg speed and toned weight to offer long term consistency not a slow lumbering heavy force who at times turns side on when bracing for impact.

He will have his good stat moments but needs to lose another 7kg "at least" before we can rely on him being a consistent fit danger.

The bloke is one Big Mac away from returning to his previous weight is that the type of player we want to rely on as our consistent go forward.

At least with George Rose the bloke actually had some good leg speed behind all that weight and a small step lol.

Vave is a poor mans alternative old school version of getting go forward in the modern game, throw more weight behind it son that will move you forward.

You need to the right balance of leg speed and toned weight to offer long term consistency not a slow lumbering heavy force who at times turns side on when bracing for impact.

He will have his good stat moments but needs to lose another 7kg "at least" before we can rely on him being a consistent fit danger.

The bloke is one Big Mac away from returning to his previous weight is that the type of player we want to rely on as our consistent go forward.

At least with George Rose the bloke actually had some good leg speed behind all that weight and a small step lol.
Rose had a surprisingly fast play the ball also.

For his size i actually admired his work rate and speed, not saying this is what Manly need but with his size working against him Rose still had an element of speed about his work.
I for 1 am happy with Vave's impact
Good metres, great momentum & more important than a debate on Silvertails, is Manly's lift when he is on the field.

I for 1 am happy with Vave's impact
Good metres, great momentum & more important than a debate on Silvertails, is Manly's lift when he is on the field.

He just looks like he loves the contest. Loves to tackle, loves to run with the ball, loves to win. He will be an asset in bringing this team together.

I'm sure most are happy with his impact i'm not convinced he is of long term benefit.
keep some faith till he proves otherwise TC .....seems that big body that creates some momentum that in time, once combinations are smoother ... Could be a huge asset.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6