BJ Lawrence future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm a big BJ fan. He deserves not only to stay but also to have the support of we fans. I can't believe the callous calls to axe him, especially from Forum posters who have been critical of the way players such as Ballin and Gutherson were treated.
To call for a loyal, and very good player such as BJ, to be kicked out in order to recruit a Rabbit with dubious credentials is unwise imo.
love a good bj:lipssealed:

I will reserve any comments about the coaching staff until September next year. Some of the supporters are pretty smart

We don't seem to have much depth in props unless someone like Blake steps up. Does anyone know what is happening with Wills Meehan these days? I heard that he was invited to train with us but haven't seen him in any photos.

Our club should take a leaf out of parramatta's club who put up photos and videos every week of their training sessions. Our cub should should do something similar and has a long way to go to engage supporters properly
Communication is something that really needs to improve.

Hmmm interesting. Wasn't the rumour both Lawrence and Demetriou were out of favour before Coffs?

If this is true about Lawrwnce, Demetriou might be packing his bags as we speak.

Last edited:
Hmmm interesting. Wasn't the rumour both Lawrence and Demetriou were out of favour before Coffs?

If this is true about Lawrwnce, Demetriou might be packing his bags as we speak.
Yep, both were told not to come up apparently.
I have heard the Knights were keen in Demetriou. Not much depth at prop now.
Myles, Jake T, Starling, Knight, Fonua Blake, Vave. Anyone else?

Wouldn't any premiership contender need at least 7 front rowers of first grade standard?
We have Myles, Trbojevic, then the standard drops to Starling and Lussick, then there is Luke Burgess, then ... I guess Taupau can play front row. Knight is untried. The domestic violence bloke has been training with us but is he even signed?
Maybe I have forgotten someone, or are we still a tad short in this area?

I'd say if they're still releasing these guys then they're not finished.

They also probably had a look at Demetriou and realised he's not a centre (obviously) and is probably a while away from being up to first grade forward standard. That wouldn't surprise me. It's one thing to run over u20's backs, another to do it NRL level forwards for 60 minutes a game.

I'd say if they're still releasing these guys then they're not finished.

They also probably had a look at Demetriou and realised he's not a centre (obviously) and is probably a while away from being up to first grade forward standard. That wouldn't surprise me. It's one thing to run over u20's backs, another to do it NRL level forwards for 60 minutes a game.
I am thinking LOOBS just nailed it. No matter which way I look at it I am thinking more signings to come.

Not necessarily A grade.

If Lawrence is starting in reserves and 2 injuries happen before he gets a run. They don't want want his dollars being in the top 25.

Expect someone like Big Willie to sign a second tier contract and be that back up forward.

Now what wingers are homeless who would look good in Marron and White?

I'm not hugely savvy to the requirements the club has once they let go of players that still have time running on their contract, but in the case of Ballin, Hiku possibly Lawrence, does Manly have to pay a portion of the remaining time on their contract?
Yes. The Tigers CEO has already spoken about how Manly are paying a portion of Ballin's contract at the Tigers. Well done Joe Kelly and co... expensive good news story that one :mad:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6