Blake Ferguson indecent assault charges.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
niccipops said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
niccipops said:
Reading this thread was like watching slow motion tennis.

Saw a few Kournikova v Hingis matches in slow mo ;)
Prefer still shots of Rafa training shirtless.
Wait... off topic. Anyone want to know about pre holocaust sardine storage?

sardine.gif

MWSE said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Westie, all your links say is that the police have viewed CCTV

It does not mention anything at all about what that CCTV shows, or if it was any sort of proof of an incident occuring.

The police also viewed CCTV footage of Brett prior to charging him as well

Stop comparing the Snake case to this one.

The police reviewed footage of the actual incident which occurred at the bar in Ferguson's case.

The police reviewed footage of Snake LEAVING a bar, not of the actual incident or CCTV footage of the area around where it allegedly occured.

Big difference.

Anyway, Dugan and Ferguson are clearly seen wearing NSWRL apparel at the time, at which point the employer has EVERY right to take any disciplinary action it sees fit.

This case, the Stewart case and every other case should be viewed in exactly the same way, innocent until proven otherwise.

Frank said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Ralphie and Dan are 100% correct in what they are posting on this

KE I think YOU are 100% correct on this.
I agree with Frank 100% on this

and Westie, you are reading far too much into the existence of CCTV. It may or may not help the police case, you wouldn't know until you looked at it.

WESTIE said:
Hi KIWI, so you are saying the police viewed the CCTV footage, decide there is nothing in it , but decided to charge Ferguson anyway ?

AND, what footage reg Brett do you believe they , the police ,viewed before charging him ?
Footage from outside the place he lived at where the alleged incident took place or are you referring to footage from a pub he was at waaay before the incident took place?

He was charged by the police for an alleged assault, not for being drunk. The NRL suspended him for being drunk.

BTW -there is a difference between a charge being layed and a conviction.

Kiwi Eagle said:

It does not mention anything at all about what that CCTV shows, or if it was any sort of proof of an incident occuring.

The point im trying to get across is , yes there should be a presumption of innocence , but in this instance , and with the existence of CCTV footage , i think the cops know which way this is going to go...and have acted accordingly.

Do you think brett stewart would have preffered there to have been video footage of him leaving the taxi when he got home after the launch , and encountered the accuser outside his house ?? would such footage have cleared him straight away and not meant he had to endure hellish accusations ? instead of trying to prove innocence with a " his word against hers" situation ??

for this same reason , i think the CCTV footage the police have viwed would suggest Ferguson has a case to answer. Ferguson will get his chance to argue his case in court.

Last edited by a moderator:
WESTIE said:
Hi KIWI, so you are saying the police viewed the CCTV footage, decide there is nothing in it , but decided to charge Ferguson anyway ?

AND, what footage reg Brett do you believe they , the police ,viewed before charging him ?
Footage from outside the place he lived at where the alleged incident took place or are you referring to footage from a pub he was at waaay before the incident took place?

He was charged by the police for an alleged assault, not for being drunk. The NRL suspended him for being drunk.

BTW -there is a difference between a charge being layed and a conviction.

Kiwi Eagle said:

The point im trying to get across is , yes there should be a presumption of innocence , but in this instance , and with the existence of CCTV footage , i think the cops know which way this is going to go...and have acted accordingly.

Do you think brett stewart would have preffered there to have been video footage of him leaving the taxi when he got home after the launch , and encountered the accuser outside his house ?? would such footage have cleared him straight away and not meant he had to endure hellish accusations ? instead of trying to prove innocence with a " his word against hers" situation ??

for this same reason , i think the CCTV footage the police have viwed would suggest Ferguson has a case to answer. Ferguson will get his chance to argue his case in court.

lets stop using Bretts name in this thread , if the NRL read this they might find another phantom reason to suspend him for 6 weeks if not more

Tamou 4 x times over the limit , lets see what the NRL are going to hand him for an alcohol breach ????

did Brett drive that night without his licence , with his 4 mates in the car on the way home ??? and stop in between to toss a street sign into someones car ???

or did he make a smart mature move and catch a taxi home ???

NRL HYPOCRITES !!

panash said:
lets stop using Bretts name in this thread , if the NRL read this they might find another phantom reason to suspend him for 6 weeks if not more

Tamou 4 x times over the limit , lets see what the NRL are going to hand him for an alcohol breach ????

did Brett drive that night without his licence , with his 4 mates in the car on the way home ??? and stop in between to toss a street sign into someones car ???

or did he make a smart mature move and catch a taxi home ???

NRL HYPOCRITES !!

Teehee :angel:

Masked Eagle said:
The only thing is for players to start losing their careers. There is an old saying I've heard in my work place from time to time. Hang one, teach a 1000.

Very true, indecent assault allegations aside, he still broke into a nightclub after being refused entry.

As long as desperate clubs a willing to sign up sacked players this sort of thing will continue to happen, in recent years there has been Carney, Kelly, Lui, GaiGi and Dugan to name a few.

On a lighter note the night club owners should share some blame the name of the club was 2230 and the incident took place at 10.30pm so what was Ferguson supposed to do.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7