Bloody Hell

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
There has to be a lot of movement in the background in terms of Foran & Hodko for this rumour to have any legs.

I would for one would love to see us develop our own star halfback over time without the massive outlay to buy in from the beginning.

I do think Des is more than capable of building us what we need.

The Wheel link said:
It smells like BS to me, although who knows what get floated around by player managers

I agree Wheel.  Why would we want to take on 'Crok-o-shyte' like Cronk and give away Choc?  It does not make sense to me at all.  In fact it smells a bit shytee to me.

Pretty poor form for someone like Mata to be publicly denigrating our best player by a mile too. Maybe the trip to QLD has affected his Dubbo brain!!!

Why is it that these sorts of stories never come from a coach,player,CEO,player manager,or someone who actually does the hiring or firing? Nah,much easier to believe a barfly,workmate,or someone who "really knows" what's happening in the board room.Wise up to the **** stirrers,people and stop imagining that these sources are sometimes(usually never) "on the money."

Maybe i need to roll out the Rumour Mill again

clontaago link said:
Gronk and I just received an email from a good mate of ours down here who is affiliated with the Rising Sun hotel, a Storm sponsor and pub which some of the players frequent.

Apparently the boys were telling him that a Watmough/Cronk swap is on the cards for next season. Cronk is spewing apparently as he will still have 3 years to run on his contract.

He is usually not far off the mark with his info which worries me.
I'm not a local anymore and somewhat out of the loop so it took me some time and some digging.
Watmough very close to extending his contract with us for another 3years, the carrot in that contract is a guarantee of the captaincy at the end of that period if he decides to stay on and be a one club player.

Ive never been in the loop but Monas will be back on 400K a year should Wamough go and will Waltz into captain

I hope Choc liikes carrots but I doubt he is silly enough to believe anyone would be guaranteed the captaincy several years in the future. An awful lot can happen in that time. Could be a new CEO, or coach, or anything in 3-4 years from now.

Fluffy link said:
Ive never been in the loop but Monas will be back on 400K a year should Wamough go and will Waltz into captain

I spoke to Monaghan a few weeks ago. He said it could be a while before he returns and that we have plenty of good young kids anyway.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
I hope Choc liikes carrots but I doubt he is silly enough to believe anyone would be guaranteed the captaincy several years in the future. An awful lot can happen in that time. Could be a new CEO, or coach, or anything in 3-4 years from now.
  He has proven himself to be far from the sharpest knife in the drawer.

clontaago link said:
Gronk and I just received an email from a good mate of ours down here who is affiliated with the Rising Sun hotel, a Storm sponsor and pub which some of the players frequent.

Apparently the boys were telling him that a Watmough/Cronk swap is on the cards for next season. Cronk is spewing apparently as he will still have 3 years to run on his contract.

He is usually not far off the mark with his info which worries me.

Turns out he was way off the mark.

Choc - he has said in the past he wants the best deal for his young family. who knows what plans Melbourne have for their 2nd row? They are well known for churning through players.

foran - hope he is retained, but on form Manly prefer the pricey end of life variety of 1/2 back, that play like drunken sailors.

forum buddies - while it's fun to defend players that show heart and are current "soul of team" like beaver was and Choc is, lets face it Mata is right, up until before last year Choc was prone to indiscretions on field, and only time will tell if he has turned his game around. on late 09 season form things look good!

DailyTerrorgraphHater link said:
up until before last year Choc was prone to indiscretions on field, and only time will tell if he has turned his game around. on late 09 season form things look good!

He did plenty of it last year as well, he'd be good for at least 1 penalty and a dropped ball in the first 10 minutes, and his goal line defence was diabolical.

Having said that by the end of the year he had cut a fair bit of that out.

The Gronk link said:
Funny how when you talk to a mate who doesn't actually exist their info can sometimes be a bit dodgy. 
Have you considered the possibility you are mixing with the wrong non-existent crowd?

I think some people on here who had kittens at a VERY questionable player change based on someone at a pub somehow having all the inside info might need some time in the room of mirrors. 

certainly entertained me though. 

i say let the smoke and mirrors continue. if anything someone at the DT's might take this stuff seriously and allow us to go under the raidar again, just like in '08.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6