Bloody Hell

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Doug,  Just back from the seasoner opener and had a chat with Choc re this thread.

He's keen to thank you and yours for pumping up his asking price but a bit concered that Des was planning to "punt" him as a result (something along the lines of Des said - "just because you can spell Manly doesn't mean we owe you....blah, blah old days..blah....commitment....do what you feel is best..Travis Burns...My Garden shed....")

As the Storm game will likely be a Monday at Ettihad (Not official yet?) and the Supportahs will be light on he's keen to meet and quietly (off the record) find out who nearly kayboshed his future with the club?.......

Nearly another season....

just on the topic of halfbacks v second rowers in terms of value :the answer lies in this question- how many teams have won a comp since 1980 (30 long years)without a halfback who has represented  Australia.

ANSWER;pollarmounter,perry,hagan(origin player) and  matt orford.pollar mounter hagan and perry had absolute champions in lamb and lockyer outside them.4 in 30 years.

winning honour role: mortimer,sterling,hasler,stuart,alexander,langer,johns,kimmorley,wing,cronk,gower,prince- not a bad lot.it is obvious that an extremely gifted half is virtually essential.

ps wing has represented australia but not at half.a bloke called fittler was outside him.

far too many people underestimate how hard it is to win a comp at all.just ask the 2 most winning clubs in history-souths and dragons.they would kill for one now.
history has also  proven conclusively it takes iether champions or champions outside at 5/8 to win

Matt Orford is the only non kangaroo half in 30 years to win a comp without  a superstar playmaker at 5/8.in fact he had a 32 year old secondrower and a very reluctant centre that year.both great players but hardly noted playmakers.

he was dreadful last year along with many others and i am glad he has gone and we are going with the future but dont forget how you felt when we almost folded after northern eagles mess  and dont forget the score of 40 nil gainst the benchmark team of our era.i was at the game and it was the most  unbelievable feeling.put what we did in 08 in context please
And i am just trying to remember who won the dally m medal in 08 and how long it was since our great club had provided one before that.

you must look at thing in context.all those ordinary kicks last year have clouded a few memories.

and to suggest cronk is ordinary is plain silly- 4 straight grand finals has only  ever happened a few times in history.

not that id swap him for choc.i have faith in our coach and young talent.

bit slow today.add tooves to that list,another kangaroo.but i think you get the drift about a certian amount of class being required.

one last thing.who was half for dogs in 04.had a memory block.i dont think he was an aussie rep though.

Sherwin was pretty handy in '04, but he went downhill after that. Plus the Dogs had a bloody good pack in '04 and had Thurston off the bench.

vidmar link said:
Doug,  Just back from the seasoner opener and had a chat with Choc re this thread.

He's keen to thank you and yours for pumping up his asking price but a bit concered that Des was planning to \"punt\" him as a result (something along the lines of Des said - \"just because you can spell Manly doesn't mean we owe you....blah, blah old days..blah....commitment....do what you feel is best..Travis Burns...My Garden shed....\")

As the Storm game will likely be a Monday at Ettihad (Not official yet?) and the Supportahs will be light on he's keen to meet and quietly (off the record) find out who nearly kayboshed his future with the club?.......

Nearly another season....

I'll be at the Storm game Vid. Tell him I'd be glad to meet with him.

The old "tell him to his face line" isnt one thats ever filled me with fear.

Maybe you might avoid posting after a few too many next time Vid.

Speaking from experience most likely there clonster. 

I'm sure choc would find it funny as he hasn't has his sense of humour surgically removed and replaced with a misty eyed obsession. 

The Gronk link said:
Speaking from experience most likely there clonster. 

sense of humour removed and replaced with a misty eyed obsession. 
  This is a birth rite in Liverpool I'm told.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4