Board Members

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bones said:
Cambo said:
bones said:
I like how people who joined today always say they are a long time reader of the forums as if it makes their troll post more legit.

A troll or a big fat whiteant perhaps

Same difference.

Despite all the scouts honour quibbles a lot of this forum seems to be more concerned with next year rather than this one and indulging in speculation rather than sticking to the facts. When will we suddenly realise next year will look after itself and we cannot do anything to change what is going to happen, good or bad, anyway.

bob dylan said:
Rudi

Are you one of the Zarsoff brothers.

Your siblings name is Fugi.

Thought I was the only one who still remembered Bluey + Bernie, hope your not showing your age Bob:D

rippy and blowy

saw a band once called the zarsoff brothers and they played their armpits as a song

bob dylan said:
Rudi said:
bones said:
I just called the Sea Eagles and asked them for myself. The person I spoke to told me she doesn't know where the media got the idea that Tony has a get out clause from and that It's not true. He Signed a two year deal at the end of last year and will be at Manly next year. I would think an apology is due Rudi.

No apology as I know for a fact he has the clause, the people who answer the phones have no idea what is in contracts so give yourself an uppercut. I'm not taking my lead from the media I'm telling you it is fact and a board member should not be lying that's it

So you know something David Perry doesnt.

Perry clearly said on the radio that no players had get out clauses, he was very clear in stating Foran was the only one and as it wasnt activated by the due date it dissolved.

Oh and give yourself an uppercut, what a hide abusing long term forum members with your first posts.

I'm sure Perry is 100% correct in saying that T-Rex doesn't have a get out clause. However, the reports are he has an option for next year in his favour and that isn't a get out clause. Semantics I know, but still.

Thanks to those people who alerted me to this post – you know who you are and I really appreciate your concern that I was being called a liar on a public forum.

Re T –Rex …OK – Here goes…

I was at a board meeting of the Football Club in October 2011 and one of the topics discussed was the contract for Tony Williams.

It was explained that his manager was originally looking to sign for 12 months but that a 2 year contract had been offered and signed (as seen, this news was confirmed and released to the public via a number of press releases and media conferences so confirmed what I understood).

It was explained to us during the meeting that there was no get out clause relating to coaching staff (as had been the worry for supporters for other peoples contracts at that time in light of the situation with Des Hasler)

Hence, it was my (and I’m told others) understanding that he was signed for 2 years with no “get out”

In light of the provocative post from Rudi (not sure who he/she is or why he/she would want to discredit me on here?) I have made a call and have now been informed that there was indeed a 2 year contract signed but that there is provision for the 2nd year of the contract to be negotiated at the end of 12 months (By both parties).

Of course I am deeply embarrassed and somewhat disappointed that what I was told is not exactly what was finally signed (albeit it is not a “get out” clause in the true sense of the term)

Now, bear in mind that contracts for players are with the Sea Eagles (not the Football Club) – they are managed and paid by the MWSE from their budget and company structure.

Hence, neither I nor any of my fellow board members are ultimately responsible for negotiating or signing these contracts and quite rightly so.

The deals are agreed at Sea Eagles board level (of which of course we hold 2 seats) and then signed by an authorised representative – here is not the forum to discuss the lines of communication regarding these aspects but needless to say I’m not happy and there was no benefit in me misleading members or fans (in fact the complete opposite is the case).

To Rudi – Please PM me if you have issues or want to check something?

Can I publicly tell you I take great exception to your claims that I lied to people or mislead them on purpose? – If you have issues with me or how I do things then fine, give me a call or arrange a meeting and I’m happy to hear your thoughts and I’m always open to constructive criticism?

However if you wish to criticise publicly or tell the world that you feel strongly that I’m not up to the task, also fine - People know who I am, where I can be found and that I'm open to discussion so how about you tell us who you are so we can continue this openly and people can have their say?

Also, whilst we are discussing facts - I'm not on the board of the NRL club (the MWSE), We are not struggling financially - read the thread about how good the Sea Eagles books are looking at present under the stewardship of David Perry and his team and, as the playing group are currently NRL Premiers then I guess overall we are not struggling too badly compared to others? - Gedda Grip mate?

Finally, I say to the rest of you…Sorry guys, I told it as I understood it and as I’d been informed – sorry about that – contact me if you like or grab me at Parra on the weekend and I’m happy to tell you the full story (sorry but not going to give the lazy journo’s any free column inches….)

vidmar said:
To Rudi – Please PM me if you have issues or want to check something?

This he is good at, the abusive one I received proved he knows how to use this facility.

Thanks for posting Vidmar, we all know you would never intentionally mislead or deceive us, and you do not have to explain yourself on these forums, however your input is always valued.

I thought that may have been the case. Very hard to get all clause details within contracts when you are not drafting and issuing them.

I applaud Vidmar for his post. No one was mislead, its just we didn't have all the information.

That being said. Plenty of people did slag off at sections of the media, and other posters who suggested that T-Rex could walk at the end of this year. I wonder if those people will be offering a similar apology?

Good stuff Rudi. From time to time it I find it entertaining that some of the self-righteous brigade on this forum are brought down a peg or two...There is not enough of it!!

manlyborn said:
bob dylan said:
Rudi

Are you one of the Zarsoff brothers.

Your siblings name is Fugi.

Thought I was the only one who still remembered Bluey + Bernie, hope your not showing your age Bob:D

Yes, The Zarsoff Brothers are certainly a blast from the past. I remember seeing these funny buggers at the Mona Vale Pub many moons ago.

Just had a little look at Google and found this website where you can listen to their albums:

http://zarsoffbros.bandcamp.com/album/back-catalogue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8