Bob Fulton appointed Strategic Football Consultant

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fair points, I'm of the belief that it's an appointment to assist 2V, but you read on Twitter (posted here) that suggests it's otherwise.

So all I'm saying if that's the end game many many fans will be unhappy.

I do not know what Geoff is like as a people manager, but he's surrounded by some good people, Steve Gigg (who I'm friends with) is a top man, and well respected by the players. Dave Penna is liked, lots of good people are there.

But perhaps he needs some help and if Bozo is it, then all good !!

Im sure it will be Mark. We have people jumping at every recruitment shadow, every management rumour, every coaching & player expectation and none of it is doing any favours for the people that matter and that is the player group.

Its like a self fullfilling cannabalistic bad dream and it is easily avoided. Bozo is the first good step in many.

Ah lovely lovely. Building nicely. The old firm back in business. Just one more to come. The one, the only
"ARKO!"
Yeah baby, the boys are back in town!:rofl:

Bozo, Tooves AND Joey on the coaching staff..any player who doesn't appreciate that can f u c k off to parra..
Has Joey really improved our halfback and five-eighth? Has he brought some attacking flair to the team? Has he helped our goal kickers?
Just because he was a great player doesn't mean he can communicate. You just have to hear him trying to make a point on TV to know communication is not one of his strengths.
Bringing back Bozo, however, can only be a good thing. He knows how to coach, and he also is a NSW and Test selector which must help when Manly tries to recruit.

Rugby League Immortal Bob Fulton appointed Strategic Football Consultant
to the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles

The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have appointed Rugby League Immortal Bob Fulton to the position of Strategic Football Consultant, which will support the Club’s football operations.

“We are extremely proud to have an Immortal, past Captain and Coach of the mighty Sea Eagles come back into the inner sanctum,” said Sea Eagles Chairman Scott Penn.

“Bob has won Premierships as both a Player and a Coach with the Sea Eagles, is currently an adviser to Laurie Daley and the NSW Blues, and is a current Australian selector.”

“Bob’s initial focus will be to support Head Coach Geoff Toovey and CEO Joe Kelly with our talent identification and recruitment program and to also assist in the development of a long term football plan that is designed to ensure sustained on-field success for our Club.”

Fulton expressed his excitement at the prospect of returning to his former team.

“I am pleased to be able to contribute to the Sea Eagles and provide support and advice to the Football Department. Whilst always remaining a passionate Sea Eagles Life Member, it is exciting to have an opportunity to help craft the future of the Club,” said Fulton.

CEO Joe Kelly is thrilled to secure someone of Bob’s stature to this key position which complements the additional resources that have been invested into the football department since November 2014.

“The success that Bob has achieved as a former player and coach of the Sea Eagles speaks for itself. Our Club is incredibly fortunate that someone of Bob’s credentials and standing within Rugby League has accepted the opportunity to assist with our football department,” said CEO Joe Kelly.

Coach Geoff Toovey welcomed the appointment of his former coach and mentor.

“Bob has an incredible knowledge of the game and I’m heartened to have someone of his reputation supporting the Club,” said Toovey.

“Bob and I have shared considerable success in the past and I look forward to reviving that formidable partnership.”
Brilliant. He can start to throw people under the bus! Welcome back Bozo.

Imagine being part of a club where you have two immortals to mentor you, to guide your career, and to develop you as a footballer.

On another note, how many weeks does Kieran have left to change his mind?;)

Imagine being part of a club where you have two immortals to mentor you, to guide your career, and to develop you as a footballer.

On another note, how many weeks does Kieran have left to change his mind?;)
Was thinking the same.About whether Foz will backflip now. Big change in attitude from him against The Panthers. Interesting timing.

Has Joey really improved our halfback and five-eighth? Has he brought some attacking flair to the team? Has he helped our goal kickers?
Just because he was a great player doesn't mean he can communicate. You just have to hear him trying to make a point on TV to know communication is not one of his strengths.
Bringing back Bozo, however, can only be a good thing. He knows how to coach, and he also is a NSW and Test selector which must help when Manly tries to recruit.

Well the 2 halves he was brought into help are now both earning over $1m per season so I'd say he's helped them a fair chunk.

I've read a lot of posts thinking this is a good move for Tooves. I'm not so sure. Bozo holds grudges FOREVER, he is still upset at Fatty for dare suggesting Scott Fulton wasn't up to it. I'm also under the impression and it has been loosely reported elsewhere (and some posters have mentioned it) that Bozo hasn't exactly been on the outer in recent times either. He has been involved in contract negotiations and has been a confidante of the Penns. Make no mistake the Zorba is still filthy on Tooves for siding with Perry when he punted him and this has been where I think 90% of the destabilizing rubbish that has happened has come from in recent times. We'd probably be going for a three peat right now if that old dinosaur retired to pasture instead of thinking the club owed him something!

Jesus Christ guys. Couldn't this just be about improving our football and team, and not something political?

Give me something positive to latch onto.

yellow-battery-positive-terminal-18480740.jpg

Sorry but we don't need a 67 year old club legend, trying to pull the club out of the **** Mr Penn....We need current management and its hanger oners to do the job....If this is the best penn has well fark me, we are gone
The 67 year old man has been a selector of the New South Wales and Australian sides since 1999.
What are you doing with your self these days Frogz ?

The 67 year old man has been a selector of the New South Wales and Australian sides since 1999.
What are you doing with your self these days Frogz ?
Working a real job Bozo, what do you do with yourself.
A NSW selector doesn't mean he is a coaching/football genius, up to date with the current game. Its a backward step. If it was such a worthwhile appointment, why hasn't he been doing it for the last few years.
The coach, IMO, is not the issue

Working a real job Bozo, what do you do with yourself.
A NSW selector doesn't mean he is a coaching/football genius, up to date with the current game. Its a backward step. If it was such a worthwhile appointment, why hasn't he been doing it for the last few years.
The coach, IMO, is not the issue
I am keeping blokes like you honest on here that's what I am doing with my self mate . So what you are saying is NSW and Australian teams are selected by people that are not up to date with the current game . Fulton never misses a weekend watching and analysing NRL matches . If you ever see the great man you should hang down your head in shame feathered friend . Shame on you !!! :)

I am keeping blokes like you honest on here that's what I am doing with my self mate . So what you are saying is NSW and Australian teams are selected by people that are not up to date with the current game . Fulton never misses a weekend watching and analysing NRL matches . If you ever see the great man you should hand down your head in shame feathered friend . Shame on you !!! :)

Not questioning his ability to pick a side with 2 other selectors. I am questioning the appointment and why it has happened now. Why didn't it happen 2 years ago if he has "so" much to offer.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6