Boyle,Taufua,Sione Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Is this just a ‘Rib Tickler’ Smokin Joe?

If we lose Sione Fainu we basically lose the entire Fainu family!

Where is any report of him leaving?

Re Sione Fainu cant see us letting him go. Manase, Latu, another brother who plays Prop in juniors. Lose Sione (who was a NSW junior rep star) and you may start a procession and from all reports Latu WILL be a star.

I think Smokin Joe was just highlighting those on the market who had not signed, whereas the club has announced Boyle and Tafua have signed. A strange and confusing headline for the post.

I fail to see what is confusing,the headline consists of 3 names who are not signed for 2022,followed up by a line saying that they are not named to depart and will probably be staying.??? Something I am missing? He is not reported as signed for 2022 which is strange for such a young talent,maybe there are negotiations ongoing,that is all I am alluding to.

Boyle is mobile (these days)? :oops: Makes Daniel Heckenberg look like Usain Bolt. Honestly think De Luis beats him in a fair sprint.
I would say 2 things... in 2020 most of our squad was playing terribly. But as we found out in 2021 most (not all) of them improved a lot with a few changes.

Also, 31-year-old journeyman Mark Nicholls was just about the best prop in the finals series.

Boyle did his shoulder early this year which may hamper his form a bit. But if he is staying on the cheap and still has reasonable potential, then I don't see why it's a bad decision to keep him.

I think the Taufua signing is at a discounted rate not counted against the cap as he has been at the club a while. This might be the main reason to keep him here and we are freeing up coin for other signings.

Taufua and Boyle.... why Des? Didn't see either of them this year. Probably not even in the 21
Because you need a squad of 30.

We have a very top heavy cap at Manly and I think keeping guys like Taufua and Boyle on the cheap is better business than trying to sign other players from other clubs to come and provide the same role...these two are already part of our club, our culture and can wait for an opportunity to come their way should injury permit.

Our 1st choice wingers are locked in but you could do worse than have Jorge cover an injury given his experience. As for Boyle, he has the talent, just needs a bit of luck with injury. Neither are expensive so happy days!

We have a very top heavy cap at Manly and I think keeping guys like Taufua and Boyle on the cheap is better business than trying to sign other players from other clubs to come and provide the same role...these two are already part of our club, our culture and can wait for an opportunity to come their way should injury permit.

Our 1st choice wingers are locked in but you could do worse than have Jorge cover an injury given his experience. As for Boyle, he has the talent, just needs a bit of luck with injury. Neither are expensive so happy days!
@Snake Do you know much about Manase (aside from the obvious). A few on Twitter suggesting he’s headed in for some further shoulder surgery to hopefully fix that issue.

@Snake Do you know much about Manase (aside from the obvious). A few on Twitter suggesting he’s headed in for some further shoulder surgery to hopefully fix that issue.
At one stage (about three months ago) there was talk he'd be lucky to ever play again...his shoulder was just popping out constantly...real fears for his career regardless of what happens in court.

His bro Sione is best mates with Josh Schuster and is a great prospect in his own right. He has really good late footwork and would suit the modern game. Can ball play at prop and is a clever footballer. He could have a breakout year in 2022.

Been telling you numbnuts all year ... Saab has only been the work experience kid filling in until Jorge recovers ... showed some promise and might get another run if he learns how to tackle ..
Maybe he will have to play centre, if he still cant tackle

I’d take Millie Boyle over Morgan in an instant.

C46EDB88-396A-41BA-9A62-8FB97F341FDD.jpeg

Maybe jorge but Boyle im sure there is someone younger who can do the same job he does which was never much. Im happy we got that broncos kid he looks like a gooden

Taufua and Boyle.... why Des? Didn't see either of them this year. Probably not even in the 21
there's 9 spots in the 30 after the 21 and thats where these guys will be (hopefully)

13 the same
14 walker 15 taupau 16 bullemor 17 paseka
18 lawton 19 davey 20 sipley 21 b.trbojevic
22 tuipulotu 23 koula 24 taufua 25 cust
26 boyle 27 s.fainu 28 de luis

whose the remaining 2, or who am I forgetting?

I assume de luis has been re-signed too if we haven't said he's departing.

i was surprised saddler was let go he is a big body.

Last edited:
there's 9 spots in the 30 after the 21 and thats where these guys will be (hopefully)

13 the same
22 tuipulotu 23 koula 24 taufua
25 s.fainu 26 boyle 27 m.fainu 28 de luis

That 28 looks pretty spot on, assuming that Sione Fainu and De Luis are in the 30. I can't see Cust in there though? Are we assuming that he will also be released? If not we only have one spot left. We do seem a little light on backs though. Even if we count Walker, B Trbojevic and Taufua as backs that only gives us 12 to draw from. 13 if Cust stays. So I am guessing we have one outside back to come, and possibly an additional utility player if Cust goes.

13 the same
22 tuipulotu 23 koula 24 taufua
25 s.fainu 26 boyle 27 m.fainu 28 de luis

No word on KDL but I reckon he will be a development player. Manase is outside the 30 for the time being, as is Sione. You forgot Cust.

Most clubs also leave a spot or two open in case there is an injury and need to recruit for a specific position, or someone decent becomes available.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10