Brad Arthur NOT - appointed Cowboys Coach - FoxSport

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Brad Arthur appointed Cowboys Coach - FoxSport

If its true about Brad Arthur then good luck to him and I hope he does well at NQ (though not at our expense). But I still wouldn't discount Tooves ability as a coach. He's no dummy and I'd imagine he learnt a hell of a lot from the likes of Bob Fulton, Graham Lowe and Des Hasler over the years.

Tooves was part of Manly's defensive brick wall back in 1996 and knows a thing or two about defense.

Top news for Brad Arthur, congrats to him.

Awesome for Tooves' record as well. Two years as a HC & his two top assistants have gone on to become a head coach & assistant for NSW (Still think that Parrish was really unlucky to lose out on the Tigers job to Potter). Speaks volumes for Toovey's ability to evaluate & manage his personnel. The great signings we've made in the player department seems to back this up. Gotta trust the great man will bring another talented coach into the staff to replace Arthur.

Arthur missed out Paul Green new cows coach. I guess that means Arthur stays with us.

swoop said:
Arthur missed out Paul Green new cows coach. I guess that means Arthur stays with us.

That's great news for Manly. Players speak very highly of him.

I guess it shows the benefit of waiting to see what happens rather than jumping to conclusions...

He's still in the mix for the eels job

http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/cowboys-set-to-appoint-paul-green-as-head-coach-11226/

lsz said:
I guess it shows the benefit of waiting to see what happens rather than jumping to conclusions...

Exactly. I was kinda surprised about the hook line and sinker-ish of this story.

No "official" no believe!

CAMBO said:
He's still in the mix for the eels job

I think Henry showed the appeal the Eels job holds when he took the 2IC job with the Tits, Cambo.

I'd be surprised if Brad was interested in joining the asylum.

He's better than that.

Arthur to be appointed Parra coach as players were seeing congratulating him this morning. Well you never know he may have just told he is staying.

Great news for Manly, not so great scoop by Fox Sports News :cool:

Brad was sacked by the current Parra Board wasn't he ?
Although the Players there, too were taken with him.:huh:

Let him just get Manly over the GF Line this week, then he will see how fun it is too be at a happy, successful Club:angel:

Cartwright will go to Parra I reckon...Henry 2IC...cant see that working

It was probably more likely the players congratulating Arthur on knocking back the Cows offer and staying with Manly

What about poor old Parra, coaches knocking them back and taking assistant jobs instead. Lol... that's unheard of.

Ch Nein was all over the Bennett to Cows 'fact' on the weekend. I'm surprised the removalists weren't seen outside his house it was such a sure thing.

Think I heard on the radio that Brad was offered the job at Doesntmatta?

May not be a bad move for him, surely he has learnt plenty from Tooves, and didn't he have a supporting roll there before Manly?

They still have a fair roster next year at the Eels, if the joint hasn't completely exploded in a road side attack.

If Brad Arthur goes to coach the Eels, I wonder who our next Assistant Coach will be? He will be the 3rd one in 3 years. Don't let it be Williamson.

Some articles say he is going to parra, others say that tim sheens is likely to get the gig.

It GF week, surely he wouldn't announce anything this week anyway.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4