[Resurrected] Brad Arthur

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well, actually that is exactly what happened. Tanked? not as such but they sure dropped their bundle, particularly Foran. To suggest otherwise is just playing politics.
My reading was that Manly over-performed in the competition rounds last year, given the cattle they had. IMO injuries to key players at seasons end turned them from outside chances to distant longshots. But my reading may be faulty.

If you are right, Ralphie, and Penn believed that Foran dropped the ball when the pressure was on (because Foran didn't approve of the direction Manly was going in future years), then all subsequent actions by Penn would seem to make no sense:
1. Why chase Foran's signature if Penn believes he is so mentally fragile that he can't be relied on at semifinal time?
2. Why chase Foran if Penn believes he spits the dummy when recruitment decisions don't go his way?
2. Why dump DCE, who most believe wasn't fragile and didn't drop the bundle when the chips were down?
3. And why blame Toovey for Foran's mental fragility?

Wouldn't it make more sense to dump the players who spat the dummy?

I don't get the case you are making.

You'd also have to be naive to think that the heartache is over. A **** storm broke out over the handling of Glenn Stewart's contract. His standing in Manly's history has nothing on Toovey's.
This has bewildered me too. I've always been a massive Snake fan. A fan of Glenn's too. I was disappointed at his departure and felt he should have been offered a contract at the time.
But to realise an absolute club legend gets shafted for being part of a decision not to resign an ageing forward for $650, it's almost unbelievable.
I feel this is the lowest act of betrayal in Manly club history. I know we've all got to move on. Just leaves me shaking my head in disbelief.

This has bewildered me too. I've always been a massive Snake fan. A fan of Glenn's too. I was disappointed at his departure and felt he should have been offered a contract at the time.
But to realise an absolute club legend gets shafted for being part of a decision not to resign an ageing forward for $650, it's almost unbelievable.
I feel this is the lowest act of betrayal in Manly club history. I know we've all got to move on. Just leaves me shaking my head in disbelief.

Their antics have tainted my admiration for them in a big way. Matai remains my
favourite player but I don't feel anywhere near as good about him and Snake as I used to.

Their antics have tainted my admiration for them in a big way. Matai remains my
favourite player but I don't feel anywhere near as good about him and Snake as I used to.
I get where the players are coming from, especially Snake as the brother. The Penns and Zorba on the other hand, have stooped very low.

I get where the players are coming from, especially Snake as the brother. The Penns and Zorba on the other hand, have stooped very low.
The power these players have, especially Brett Stewart seems incredible. Why does Snake have so much power? Because he and his dad are good mates with Zorba? Foran is powerful because he is Snake & Gifty's mate? Zorba has power because he is related to The Penns by marriage. It just beggars belief.

The power these players have, especially Brett Stewart seems incredible. Why does Snake have so much power? Because he and his dad are good mates with Zorba? Foran is powerful because he is Snake & Gifty's mate? Zorba has power because he is related to The Penns by marriage. It just beggars belief.
The bit I understand is supporting your brother and your mates. Nothing else about what's gone down.
I'm in the pro Toovey camp in this situation and always will be.

Brett cops a lot of **** about this stuff, can anybody actually produce me a quote where he has said anything negative towards the club or Toovey re the Glenn situation ?

Ihink the inference was on form more than quotes as actions speak more than words and Bretts form was down.

Brett is the one guy who had a right to be a bit down imo and I also think it was drawn out longer due to the choc/foran/zorba issues

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2