[Resurrected] Bradman Best

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We have to start giving these kids in Blacktown a run instead of assuming they won't cut it. At least they won't cost as much as a fringe first grader from another club who has been average at best.
Agreed, the last thing I want to see is another promising player lining up against us because he was overlooked by short sighted coaches, imo some of these guys would offer more than a few of our entrenched 'stars'

Agreed, the last thing I want to see is another promising player lining up against us because he was overlooked by short sighted coaches, imo some of these guys would offer more than a few of our entrenched 'stars'
And having played in the same jersey in the juniors, you would assume they would have some sort of pride playing in it.

Or average at (Bradman) best.
The Daily Show Boom GIF

I'd take Best if the price is right. We havent seen the best (excuse the play on words) of this kid yet owing to several injuries that have curtailed his progress. He was interested in coming to Manly before. The kid has talent and we need a better attacking centre combination if our coach is not going to see Weekes as an option. Go for it I say.

NO!!!!

Stop recruiting from sides that are outside of the 8. Especially guys that those sides are willing to cut.

Recruit players from the Storm or Rabbits. Look at the influence that Kaufusi, Bromwich's, Finucane, Mark Nicholls, Adam Reynolds have had on their sides.

Wayne Bennett understands this. Why doesn't Manly?

We have recruited the dregs from the Tigers and Saints. Now we want the Knights crap?

Last edited:
NO!!!!

Stop recruiting from sides that are outside of the 8. Especially guys that those sides are willing to cut.

Recruit players from the Storm or Rabbits. Look at the influence that Kaufusi, Bromwich's, Finucane, Mark Nicholls, Adam Reynolds have had on their sides.

Wayne Bennett understands this. Why doesn't Manly?

We have recruited the dregs from the tigers and Saints. Now we want the knights crap?
Scott Sorenson is off contract. He is the leader we need.
Maybe Flanno could bring him over.

Agree. But he's a Manly junior which might make him the exception.
I guess you are gambling you can "reform" him for more cost than taking a punt on someone like Meyers (hopefully the right spelling) who would be cheaper with a higher upside but less of an immediate return on investment

I guess you are gambling you can "reform" him for more cost than taking a punt on someone like Meyers (hopefully the right spelling) who would be cheaper with a higher upside but less of an immediate return on investment
What percentage of guys actually work out when a club tries to "reform" them i wonder? Can't be a high strike rate.

Focus on young guys with a potential high ceiling like Myers or go and buy quality veteran leadership.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8