Brent Kite Retires

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kite shows mettle

Veteran prop Brent Kite is about to make a significant sacrifice in order to help those less fortunate. Kite will auction off his Clive Churchill Medal he won after his heroic performance in the 2008 grand final. Spinal Home Help, Raise the Roof, Camp Quality and Michaela Sky Rodrigues will benefit from the sale. It is part of the December testimonial for Kite where all money raised will go to charity and is typical of the man who has always been one of the NRL's most decent blokes. Hit manlygoldeneagles.com.au then click on the Events tab for details.

Anyone here with deep pockets ?? http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=aBfWCmwwCr37XTadbiUzgI&u=sydneymorningherald

Is it just me, or did this get announced months ago? I was always under the impression that this would be his last year and I thought he confirmed that ages ago?

I had a really interesting chat to BK when he left The Eagles - certainly didn't want to go though. He is all class, was a great player, and a stabilising presence in the playing group.

Well played, sir.

Without a doubt one of our best players in our golden era. An unsung hero who went out his business and set up a platform with our pack to give our brilliant backs a chance to consistently shine. A true gentleman and family man off the pitch too. I really hope the club can get him back to the club and be in a coaching role and be able to continue his great work.

Thanks for the memories Kitey, your two best performances for our club were the 08 and 11 grand finals and that is why you are a permanent legend of our club.

Without a doubt one of our best players in our golden era. An unsung hero who went out his business and set up a platform with our pack to give our brilliant backs a chance to consistently shine. A true gentleman and family man off the pitch too. I really hope the club can get him back to the club and be in a coaching role and be able to continue his great work.

Thanks for the memories Kitey, your two best performances for our club were the 08 and 11 grand finals and that is why you are a permanent legend of our club.

Great point mate - he'd be a valuable asset playing roster wise - and I'd bet has a relationship with Barrett already from his days at The Panthers.

Is it just me, or did this get announced months ago? I was always under the impression that this would be his last year and I thought he confirmed that ages ago?
Yes it was announced for the end of 2015, but Kitey is now actually retired, 3 weeks early

Fabulous career and his best moments in the maroon and white
Was a key signing on getting Manly back to the top
A great man on and off the field
Thanks for memories Kitey good luck

The years when Brent Kite played well (along with B Stewart) we won premierships. Add to that, he was a fantastic person to have in the playing group and as a club man. The Panthers became my 2nd team when he went there. Pure class.

rate Kitey right up there with Kevin Ward as a prop who had a lot of influence in winning a grand final, lots of respect for the man for his behavior on and off the field....

One of the great gentleman/players that pulled on a Sea Eagles jersey. Always respectful, and lifted in the big games.

I must admit of all the things to auction for a noble cause it leaves me miffed as to why the Churchill medal ? Leaves a sour taste TBH. Is that a reflection of his disdain for the club, as he publicly stated that he was squeezed out and did not want to leave ?

The Churchill Medal is rare so Kitey will get the most for it.
If you watch the Sunday Footy Show replay, there is a whole segment on why he is doing it, what his family thinks of it and Kitey was even contacting Mrs Churchill to assure her that he does not devalue the medal.

Kitey is a giver :angel:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8