Brett Stewart injured ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You guys are tough markers and will finish up with egg on your faces. He is just feeling his way into the season and will hit his straps soon.

He's going well IMO. Catching, passing and defensively he can't be faulted. I doubt the doubters watched his great try last weekend. He made Symonds try last night. Get a grip guys.

DSM5 said:
He's going well IMO. Catching, passing and defensively he can't be faulted. I doubt the doubters watched his great try last weekend. He made Symonds try last night. Get a grip guys.

Very well said.

Current SOO fullback and still bagging tries and saving them. Wouldn't swap him for anyone else, an outright champion player and person.

DSM5 said:

When he wants to he can do almost anything. Just doesn't seem very interested at the moment. Turning up - going through the motions then going home.
Looks like he needs a holiday.

Let's not base his form on kick returns never was his strong point but his change of direction behind the line at times seems to be hesitant. There also is not enough up the middle variations in our attack to get him involved beyond the simple outside in play.(The Storm have a few variations to bring in Slater)

Oh and passing is not his strong point either so scrub that out of "can't be faulted" in his performances.

Brett hits holes, great composure under the high ball, great decision making in the last line of defence, great kick chase in attack with the odd classy tap on through the hands is his game.

He is not a ball player he is not a good kick returner and does not possess a good step he is a classy steady influence at the back with an injection of spark at key times.

TC, passing not his strong point? Seems from where I sit, his injection into the line and passing to Matai has set up many tries.

DSM5 said:
TC, passing not his strong point? Seems from where I sit, his injection into the line and passing to Matai has set up many tries.

And you honestly think those kind of passes is unique to Brett and he is a class above the rest, most F/Backs get involved from the back and possess the same if not better passing in this area. It's not even creative just passing around the up and in that targets the fullback when they inject themselves from behind more just a timing or tap on play that is rehearsed.

Not saying he does not have quality in this area but his abilities are way over exaggerated in the passing department, many instances where his passing technique lets him down.(Been down this road before and my views have not changed)

He's a great passer, and I have never really seen him do a sidestep. You sure we are talking about the same person?

Darren said:
Better not say this stuff. He just signed a 4 year contract and we better not fall apart!!! He worries me, seems one injury away from a long time out! At 500k we need him playing and DOMINATING!!

Oh, no, you can't say these sorts of things on here...You're brave!!! But I was thinking the same thing myself.

Shoe1 said:
He's a great passer, and I have never really seen him do a sidestep. You sure we are talking about the same person?

Read my post again, i never stated Brett has a good step basically suggesting he does not have one in a subtle way to not offend lol.

Yeah I misread it tc, sorry. He's got explosive pace, timing and a swerve, but no real step. Hasn't worried him much though.

Great discussion and I would like to clarrify a few points as the OP.

1) I believe he has an injury of some kind (hope I am wrong) but if he's injury free I really hope he is actually playing himself slowly back into the season.

2) What he endured in 09/10 can never be repaid by Manly or any of us.

3) I would never hope any of us call for him to be replaced or question the $.

"Be Manly; not a Dog" was a brave, voracious and elequantly put statement by a true MWSE legend.

I recall some media article prior to season start Snake was rumoured to have some sort of unidentified problem.

As for his kick returns & skill sets I would add to Shoe & TC comments that its not just a swerve but he arcs his runs to lessen the impact. Ive seen him swerve to beat 1st up tackle and then arc & surrender at the next.

And Snake can pass. He might not have much of a chance most games to show it but he has chimed in to the backline and passed efficiently & effectively enough times.

No point worrying about him getting injured. If it happens then start worrying. Besides we have a number of other players that are just as important, if not more important than Stewart.

DSM5 said:

Fast forward three weeks and the headlines say-Snake bags another three at brookie-Champion Manly fullback Brett Stewart ripped the sharks apart with another three tries at his beloved brookvale oval on friday night and pushes for selection in blues line up-Don't know about you but I don't want to him in the Blues-rather see him destroying sides that have been weakend when there is more room to move-GO SNAKE-GO MANLY

Moops said:
Darren said:
Better not say this stuff. He just signed a 4 year contract and we better not fall apart!!! He worries me, seems one injury away from a long time out! At 500k we need him playing and DOMINATING!!

Oh, no, you can't say these sorts of things on here...You're brave!!! But I was thinking the same thing myself.

LOL

Ahh those were the days seeing the Snake running at full pace pinning his ears back.
Honestly I hope I'm wrong but he will never be the way he was with all the injury's he's had.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2