Brett Stewart rumour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Any fullback coming back from recurring hammy issues is going to slowly acclimate. He can't come back and be 100% straight away, surely?

I actually don't want him to retire / transfer this season. Same goes for Matai. They are club legends. I'm gutted already about Lyon.

I'd love him to get another 18 months of teaching and being mentor for Tommy in a team that's relatively healthy. The long term benefits of that would be amazing for Tom.

Brett didn't have that. He came in when we had a lot of change at Fullback. He was a self taught, self improved young man, and jeez, he is a generational player.

Any fullback coming back from recurring hammy issues is going to slowly acclimate. He can't come back and be 100% straight away, surely?

I actually don't want him to retire / transfer this season. Same goes for Matai. They are club legends. I'm gutted already about Lyon.

I'd love him to get another 18 months of teaching and being mentor for Tommy in a team that's relatively healthy. The long term benefits of that would be amazing for Tom.

Brett didn't have that. He came in when we had a lot of change at Fullback. He was a self taught, self improved young man, and jeez, he is a generational player.

If his hammies didn't get better with a 6 month off season, I have my doubts.

Completely agree Ryan. And, I know it goes against the grain these days but, along with Killer and Matai, he deserves to go out on his own terms.

I'm jumping on the tap train. He is my favourite player, but seeing him as basically a passenger now is sad.

I would like to think he realises it too, and perhaps is encouraged to take the same journey Gifty is now on before winding up. Would be nice to see those two finish together and remain Manly legends.

I'm not too concerned about his replacement, I just want the end (which is coming anyway) to be handled with dignity, respect and admiration.

I honestly think this could have happened several years ago - the writing's been on the wall for a long time. I know he has a contract but if anything I think we have waited TOO LONG for Snake and he has been given plenty of time in the last few seasons ( which he has earned yes I know ).

Sentiment only goes so far. I don't see this as some sort of culture shift in the club at all from the current management. This club has never sat back and accepted 2nd best EVER in their history. This is just another example of what's been happening for 40+ years. Team before Individual.

I'm not going to bag them for that.

Club Legend definitely. Never Forgotten. But surely his time has been and gone like it has for many in the past.

So people bag Barret for losing games. But when he tries to strengthen the team, and as much as we hate it tapping Snake on the shoulder is a step in the right direction as we can't have his money sitting on the sidelines, he also cops flak?

So people bag Barret for losing games. But when he tries to strengthen the team, and as much as we hate it tapping Snake on the shoulder is a step in the right direction as we can't have his money sitting on the sidelines, he also cops flak?
You really think it would be Barrett?

And the same people moan about the "manly culture" going away....

There is no way on earth brett Stewart will get through the rest of this season let alone next season injury free . Sadly he will retire or go to England. He has already been told believe me.

As an aside does anyone look into these rumors? A quick view of the poster....

ReadingThePlay ‏@ReadingThePlay May 20Brisbane, Queensland
Are the Hastings and Tomic families related? #BigMouthDickheadDads

And he is on talking sport as well

ReadingThePlay ‏@ReadingThePlay May 13
#TalkinSport Graeme Hughes & @ReadingThePlay Preview Fri Night + Round of #NRL action after 5:15pmAEDT - http://2smsupernetwork.com/listen-live/# @2sm1269

And any anti manly stuff gets posted.

There is a worthwhile conversation about if / when Brett should finish up but reacting to any twitter crap is going to cause you a heap of not worthy stress

As an aside does anyone look into these rumors? A quick view of the poster....

ReadingThePlay ‏@ReadingThePlay May 20Brisbane, Queensland
Are the Hastings and Tomic families related? #BigMouthDickheadDads

And he is on talking sport as well

ReadingThePlay ‏@ReadingThePlay May 13
#TalkinSport Graeme Hughes & @ReadingThePlay Preview Fri Night + Round of #NRL action after 5:15pmAEDT - http://2smsupernetwork.com/listen-live/# @2sm1269

And any anti manly stuff gets posted.

There is a worthwhile conversation about if / when Brett should finish up but reacting to any twitter crap is going to cause you a heap of not worthy stress

Two things.

1) Never let the facts get in the way of a good thread.

2) If we did @Dan would be complaining about the lack of posts.

3) Unless @HappilyManly with all her resources debunks it, it's true.

4) If we didn't have the rumours all we would be left with is YART's and FARTT's

Come to think of it, does Dan start these rumours?

Two things.

4) If we didn't have the rumours all we would be left with is YART's and FARTT's

True rumour :
I am @Dan @:mask:
or
@Dan pays me in Silvertail points to spawn Threads :dollar: =>:raisinghand: I'm rich in Silvertailsland

...Waiting on my police scanner for the latest NRL update :policeofficer:

i reckon Brett can overcome his injury cloud and string some quality games together.

If he can't, what makes people think that a pommy team or the Catalans would sign him?

i reckon Brett can overcome his injury cloud and string some quality games together.

If he can't, what makes people think that a pommy team or the Catalans would sign him?

There is the rub. However a precedent has recently been set for medical retirement.

Two things.

No doubt @Turbo gets paid by the FARTT. Kid rips them out like Dalmatian after a tin of Chum! Love ya Turbo.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8