Brett Stewart rumour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hot off the twitter press:

Manly team for next year.

1.turbo - will be a dead set ledgend
2.m O'connor - has a few skills
3.JFK - solid but occasional brain explosion
4.Elvis - carries a bit of excess weight but has xfactor
5.u.bolt - can't catch but has some toe
6.M Jordan - apparently bit of a ball player
7.A.langer - just because every side needs a player you can hate.
8.spud Carroll - simple! Put brain in Park and run really really hard.
9.DCE - has a long term deal.
10.Lawerence - like his engine
11.beaver - ledgend
12.C Lyons - whenever beaver hangs with this bloke magic happens.
13. Gifty - deserves a proper swansong.

14. B.fulton - Mr fix it
15. L. Fulton - one for the boy
16.grandma Fulton- likes cake
17. Grandson Fulton- future star.

I hate twitter!

Two things.

1) Never let the facts get in the way of a good thread.

2) If we did @Dan would be complaining about the lack of posts.

3) Unless @HappilyManly with all her resources debunks it, it's true.

4) If we didn't have the rumours all we would be left with is YART's and FARTT's

Come to think of it, does Dan start these rumours?

Nothing wrong with posting...I dislike the whole "screw the club" when there is not much to the story

11.beaver - ledgend

14. B.fulton - Mr fix it

I hate twitter!
14. B.fulton - Mr fix it????????
Mr. fark it...

Great memories, but really saddened me to see Gifty, Foran and choc in happier times. I'm left with a sense of loss for what should have been.
It's pretty sad what's happened to our club since 2011. Would have never guessed that any of them would have left, including Des.
Now it's a crazy era where players can switch clubs in a week.
What kind of club gets rid of Toovey?
The Snake situation needs to be handled well by the club. A once in a lifetime player. It would be horrible for him to leave feeling like his brother.
I hope he's still hanging around in 10 years like the Beaver.

It's pretty sad what's happened to our club since 2011. Would have never guessed that any of them would have left, including Des.
Now it's a crazy era where players can switch clubs in a week.
What kind of club gets rid of Toovey?
The Snake situation needs to be handled well by the club. A once in a lifetime player. It would be horrible for him to leave feeling like his brother.
I hope he's still hanging around in 10 years like the Beaver.

The sad fact Nicci is that all players will either leave of their own volition like Jamie or wait til either form or injury sees them get a tap.

Sooner than we would like, both Tom and Jake T will be getting tapped. No club wanting success can afford a $600K passenger (not suggesting Snake is) under their salary cap.

All we can and should demand is that it is done with the gratitude and dignity the player has earned and deserves. I would much prefer these discussions and decisions made privately behind closed doors and when finalised, announced in a joint press release, rather than left to the mercy of rumour. .

Whatever the club does with Brett Stewart is there bussiness its out of the control of us fans even if we do make our feelings heard but as mentioned by Niicci and Woodsie all we can hope is that the club do it in a good manner
For me though i won't call for a club legend to be tapped a player that's stuck with Manly a true great of the club .If he is a bit slower in play but not in mind he benefits this team immensely
Its about supporting your team . your favourite player through the good and the bad times
I enjoy the wins as much as any fan but if we have a few losses while our legends finish there time at the top well so be it
I know i wasn't the fan / the supporter calling for this legend to be tapped on the shoulder
I'm the fan that is still yelling GO Snake GO as he gets run down just short of the line but the next play throws that cut out pass and we eventually get the try cause he knew it was still on

Last edited:
Whatever the club does with Brett Stewart is there bussiness its out of the control of us fans even if we do make our feelings heard but as mentioned by Niicci and Woodsie all we can hope is that the club do it in a good manner
For me though i won't call for a club legend to be tapped a player that's stuck with Manly a true great of the club .If he is a bit slower in play but not in mind he benefits this team immensely
Its about supporting your team . your favourite player through the good and the bad times
I enjoy the wins as much as any fan but if we have a few losses while our legends finish there time at the top well so be it
I know i wasn't the fan / the supporter calling for this legend to be tapped on the shoulder
I'm the fan that is still yelling GO Snake GO as he gets run down just short of the line but the next play throws that cut out pass and we eventually get the try cause he knew it was still on

Exactly Fibro, my sentiments too.

We know that Killer is retiring at season's end so barring injury we can get to Brookie and give him the send off he deserves.
Gifty (or us fans) never got afforded that and I hope upon hope that our greatest ever fullback gets to go out on his terms and I can be there to stand, cheer, applaud and reflect on what he has given us over a very long time.
Yes, he's not the Ferrari he once was but he's still a V12 Bentley to me.

And the same people moan about the "manly culture" going away....

I don' t moan about the Manly culture. I feel it is just time for Brett to call it a day while he can control it.

It will be a sad day when he goes, but it is sadder watching him play now as a shadow of his former self.

11.beaver - ledgend

14. B.fulton - Mr fix it

I hate twitter!

And yet in all honesty, other than his defensive game which does seem to have gone into early retirement this year.....I thought he was getting back to the best we could expect of him last Saturday against the Sharks.

His running game was better than I have seen all year and he was seemingly untroubled by his dodgy hammy (unlike Tom who was clearly hobbling on his ankle) and his pass for Wiliame's try was the Snake of old and what we have been missing this year.

If Snake can sort out his defence, I'd be happy to see him play for the rest of the year like he did last week. With Killer and DCE now the halves pair, Snake chiming in from the back as an extra ball player and a hopefully injury free Ferris as a ball playing forward, suddenly we're not looking so bad.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4