Brett Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should snake be allowed to have 2 more games at brookvale

• Yes

Votes: 54 74.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I don't really care season is over

Votes: 13 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol. We were lucky to beat them as it was. If not for a bunker error we would have lost. Add Pearce, Cordner and JWH to their team and it's highly likely we would have lost that game.

Point taken bones. But we failed to mention that Stewart was playing injured and gave little, no Matai, Brown in the centre, DCE left the field in the second half injured, No Taupau, no Lawrence, Buhrer off injured after 18 minutes and for some reason our coach decided to use Walker at 5/8 and give Lussick only just over 20 minutes on the field.

Like I said, if they had had their best team, despite the problems of dropped ball and poor linkage because so many were new to the team, I think we would have done them with those players in. Many of Manly's players were playing injured while SC's strike players they had on the field like Kenny-Dowell were in peak form.

I still think having to play 3 games in 10 days early in the season may have contributed to our high injury toll later in the season. It meant that players were playing when not sufficiently recovered from the previous game and there was more of a chance of sustaining an injury later.

I can cop missing out on the semis but I don't like the injury excuse. We probably spent more money on recruitment last year than in the last decade. Lets not forget Brown, Myles, Walker and Taupau are all internationals and we went backwards.
Look at Penrith they went most of their season without their two starting centres in Whare and Hiku and they've improved.
And what really makes it funnier is we bought two of their cast offs !

So the word according to Lurker (ok ok dont shoot me) is that Manly/Snake/TB is at a stand off situation (same as Farah situation with Tigers). Snake is reported as not wanting to go the Super League, not wanting to go to another NRL team and wants to get paid to stay at Manly for last year. TB wants him gone. So may get messy.

So the word according to Lurker (ok ok dont shoot me) is that Manly/Snake/TB is at a stand off situation (same as Farah situation with Tigers). Snake is reported as not wanting to go the Super League, not wanting to go to another NRL team and wants to get paid to stay at Manly for last year. TB wants him gone. So may get messy.
You are right to be cynical about the Lurker,joke of a site,but I've heard the same from a very reputable source,so.....

Agreed, we looked disjointed at the beginning of the year. New combinations, constantly changing spine and the Walker at 5/8th trial.
Hard to build game plans and create a brand of footy when your forever changing your line up.
I reckon Baz hit the nail on the head at the beginning of the season - player welfare was thrown out the window with our draw and as a result we saw an unprecedented amount of injuries.

Blaming the coach and staff for a lack of preparation? How do you come to this conclusion given we never fielded a full strength team the entire year? Let alone back to back games.

FB - Stewart/Turbo
Half - DCE/API/Godinet
5/8th - Walker/Lyon/API/Wright
Hooker - Parcell/API/Leary

I'm sure I've missed a few. But how can you blame the coach for not preparing correctly when our above players shuffled through the spine this year in different positions trying to build combinations...?
Easy when we had a full strength team we looked poor. Lack of trial games hurt us, playing players with zero game time like Api hurt us, playing players out of position like Walker and Green hurt us. All were rookie mistakes, don't forget Baz had a full preseason to get organised.

The only issue I have while acknowledging our injury riddled year was a lack of structure - offensively and defensively. And that boils down to coaching, regardless of whose in the team at any given time. There are teams described as 'very well coached' and then at the other end of the spectrum there was Manly in 2016.

The only issue I have while acknowledging our injury riddled year was a lack of structure - offensively and defensively. And that boils down to coaching, regardless of whose in the team at any given time. There are teams described as 'very well coached' and then at the other end of the spectrum there was Manly in 2016.

The success of any structure or game plan ultimately rests with the quality of the players implementing it, and the length of time the coach has had with them to instill it.

When the spine, hooker, halfs and backline is changing on a weekly basis, and the make up of the team not known on many occasions til game day, combinations un-practised because the mildly injured couldn't train, and the inclusion of so many 2nd tier players ...... we were never going to look polished regardless of who was coaching.

I think there's a difference to the Farah situation in that Farah was playing Origin and didn't have the Next Big Thing biting at his heels.
Manly made the mistake by extending Brett when injuries were already becoming an issue. They now have to suck it up if he digs his heels in.
I guess that means saying publicly that they'll play him in reserves (at Blacktown I guess) until he can show that he's right for first grade.

So maybe Snake saying he thought he had lifelong friends at the club was him saying to ztc you keep me in first grade.

Well I think things are about to get interesting in the Brett Stewart saga.Glenn Stewart has been released by Catalans on grounds of family matters.This means Brett won't be going there to join his brother.

Well I think things are about to get interesting in the Brett Stewart saga.Glenn Stewart has been released by Catalans on grounds of family matters.This means Brett won't be going there to join his brother.

You can't see it ending happily, can you? Both brothers are club legends but both are also likely to finish their time at the club in ways not fitting their status at Manly.

Weidler's weekly update:

Snake nears exit
Brett Stewart isn't holding back when it comes to surgery. He had his troublesome knee cleaned up a few weeks back. And last week he had his shoulder done. That all feels like he is preparing to play again – but the mail we keep on getting is his days are done.

His knee is shot. There was a meeting between his agent George Mimis and Manly supremo Bob Fulton on Monday. There is an exit strategy taking place but when it comes to a club legend it is never an easy process.

Maybe we are going to release Bhurer and sign Glen

Was at Newcastle Stadium this morning (they were wanting me to get Chairman' s lounge season tickets next year as part of a local marketing opportunity for my work). The Marketing team mentioned that a couple of seasoned and experienced NRL winning players were negotiating contracts for next year with them. I mentioned names but was told they couldn't say for about 2 weeks, I told them when they find out let me know and I would make a decision then. When I get told I'll pass info on. Could be the Stewarts?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8